Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

It's official... KJ will play 

Woodstock Tiger gives a patented Malzahn "BOOM!" emphatic gesture, but unfortunately pops his shoulder out of joint and begins screaming in agony like a little girl.  

2 minutes ago, Wrights_Mill_Road said:

link?

Said it's just sore.. basically said he would play without saying "I will play". However, Stidham said he's "very confident" that KJ will play. I bet Gus is the only one that kept him from saying he will play 

6 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Said it's just sore.. basically said he would play without saying "I will play". However, Stidham said he's "very confident" that KJ will play. I bet Gus is the only one that kept him from saying he will play 

It  could be that KJ thought he had a broken rib the other night (#15 was bringing the lumber all night especially on that goal line play)...maybe the coaches said if it feels bad, go down on the ground and we'll come get you...maybe they took him into the locker room to xray the ribs and found out it was bruised.  I like maybes...

22 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Where did he say this? 

48 minutes ago, Warbird82 said:

It  could be that KJ thought he had a broken rib the other night (#15 was bringing the lumber all night especially on that goal line play)...maybe the coaches said if it feels bad, go down on the ground and we'll come get you...maybe they took him into the locker room to xray the ribs and found out it was bruised.  I like maybes...

KJ had a bruise along with a stinger...my kid dealt with a stinger all season in the year they won the state...it can be a recurring thing, and it feels like your body is collapsing on you and you go numb after extreme pain...he used a horsecollar to protect from it, although it didn't always....if KJ goes out this week, holding his arm, don't panic....he just needs to hold the ball with BOTH hands because if a lick is delivered to the nerve, he is going to drop the ball...luckily, my kid was a linebacker

40 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Where did he say this? 

JS:  -- On Kerryon's status: "I'm very confident in Kerryon as well. I know how much this means to Kerryon, to play in a game like this and be in a game like this... I feel very confident."

KJ:  -- On shoulder injury: "I'm working this week to get back to as healthy as I can be, obviously... I'm doing everything I can to get back out there on the field. I can defintiely feel it. It ain't fall off. I can feel it. It's obviously sore, but I'm sore after every game... It's nothing different from any other week.  It's just banged up... It's nothing more, nothing less."

-- Confident he'll be able to play? "I'm confident in myself. I've been through injuries in my time here... I'll never count myself out" until he's officially ruled out.

On 11/15/2017 at 12:47 PM, AUDevil said:

If i was fields I’d flip to AU

Haven't heard anything about him in quite  while. He must be OK with his decision.

So everyone is saying it is his shoulder...what happened on the run where he just sorta fell over? Was that just his way of saying "i don't want to get hit", or did the hand off trigger something?

Until somebody tells us, we won't know what the injury is exactly or whether he can play. With pain it's not just a matter of toughing it out. It's also how pain causes weakness.

FWIW when I saw him go down the last time I thought it was a biceps tendon. Obviously it isnt. But there's just no telling.

Now, about Georgia. We beat them once. We play them again. It's a different game. I make no assumptions how it will play out.

If our front tosses around their front like last game it won't matter who's running the ball.

HOWEVER, in pass protection is where we could see the biggest discrepancy between Kerryon and the other backs. I truly think this is why KMart doesn't get in the game more because he gets yards whenever he's in there. Kirby will be bringing the house and showing it late this Saturday -- especially if Martin is our horse.

2 hours ago, shabby said:

More importantly, look who liked this comment!

Nice attention to detail. 

42 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

So when do we hear it from him (PTB)?

You will have to scroll through. He’s answered and he basically said he’s not saying anything else. 

I’m assuming PTB is a guy. ?

Best believe Kirby will get them to target that shoulder all game long. KJ definitely does not need 30+ carries..more like 20...25 max. We can do a lot of damage mixing the rb's up...they'll find a way to keep Stid upright.

Obviously, it is great if KJ plays, but our offense is extremely hard to defend right now because of a powerful  and efficient O-line and the best passing QB we’ve had in years. No, or limited KJ certainly alters the gameplan but we have the weapons and play caller to score. Chip Lindsey attacks the whole field early and often.  We have Martin, Miller, and Barrett. If they can combine for 20 carries, give it to Stove 4-5 times, and maybe let Malik Willis run a couple of zone reads, we can do fine. And remember, Stidham is not bad with his feet either. He ran great vs Bama so he’s not going to fear UGA. We wont score 40, but with our defense and Carlson I still expect our Tigers to prevail. 

One more point: UGA dominated UK and Tech as you would expect. All that means is their linemen show up Saturday with a false sense of having “corrected” their deficiencies. Until they line up across from Davidson/Brown/Holland/Russell. 

5 hours ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

I was sure hopeful.  This Saturday would be 6 weeks since the injury occurred, but I guess a scapula healing time is longer than a typical broken bone.  Sigh.  If KJ can't "shoulder" the load, hopefully the rest of the group can handle it if they're called upon.    

There was no reason we should've been using Pettway at all when he was around 50%, especially against the teams we were playing (Mercer!!!). Maybe he would've been better suited to avoid those hits if his legs were close to good. Gotta blame that on Gus COMPLETELY. 

14 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Until somebody tells us, we won't know what the injury is exactly or whether he can play. With pain it's not just a matter of toughing it out. It's also how pain causes weakness.

FWIW when I saw him go down the last time I thought it was a biceps tendon. Obviously it isnt. But there's just no telling.

Now, about Georgia. We beat them once. We play them again. It's a different game. I make no assumptions how it will play out.

I recently dealt with a biceps tendon issue and it didn’t allow me to raise my arm - thought it was my rotator cuff.  I’d love to say I got mine from hurling myself into 335 pound linemen in an effort to score td’s and win the hearts of football fans everywhere, but alas, I was not blessed with such athletic prowess.  Unfortunately I think I hurt mine reaching too far for the Fruity Pebbles that were nestled in the way back of our food pantry.   On the positive side, it was a tasty bowl of cereal.  I mean, who doesn’t like Fruity Pebbles?  I digress—-Regardless, doing simple tasks with it were excruciating until I got a cortisone shot that fixed it up for a few months.  If it’s the bicep tendon, i figure he’ll be good to go this weekend with a shot.  Of course, I haven’t tested mine since then by running full speed directly into folks that outweigh me by 50 - 100 pounds, so there’s that. 

When KJ went down the last time without much contact at all - putting his hand out to say "hey i'm taking a knee dont hit me" and then the bammers hit him in the back.  As he was laying there in obvious pain/distress you could see it in his face.  

My wife was irate and very upset yelling at the tv "forget the dang game! KJ is hurt - it's not worth a win to have KJ go through this!!"  I was feeling the same way, but it's football and I know KJ gave all he had and did not want to be taken out as long as he was able to go.  Thank goodness all will be fine with his health.  I just want him to be able to play without risking further injury and if that means for him to rest this week and not play against ugag then so be it - the game is not worth it; KJ gave all he had to Auburn that night.

At the end of the game my wife really couldnt enjoy it due to the way KJ went out.  It was bitter sweet and she said it almost felt like a loss.  I had to reassure her that he would be fine.  What an emotional night that was.

21 hours ago, wareagle7298 said:

So everyone is saying it is his shoulder...what happened on the run where he just sorta fell over? Was that just his way of saying "i don't want to get hit", or did the hand off trigger something?

Abdominal strain when he jumped to the left. Look at where his hand was  covering as he walked off the field. Confirmed by Kerryon's family. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Abdominal strain when he jumped to the left. Look at where his hand was  covering as he walked off the field. Confirmed by Kerryon's family. 

https://www.verywell.com/abdominal-muscle-strain-2548831

Guess he tried to stretch out too far for that pylon.

18 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There was no reason we should've been using Pettway at all when he was around 50%, especially against the teams we were playing (Mercer!!!). Maybe he would've been better suited to avoid those hits if his legs were close to good. Gotta blame that on Gus COMPLETELY. 

There are reasons Pettway isnt playing and shouldn't be.  As someone else mentioned he has been cleared medically.  He missed an early game for the same reason.  It sounds and look better to leave it a being hurt. I would not be shocked if he is dismissed from the team before its all over.

2 hours ago, AUY2K said:

When KJ went down the last time without much contact at all - putting his hand out to say "hey i'm taking a knee dont hit me" and then the bammers hit him in the back.  As he was laying there in obvious pain/distress you could see it in his face.  

My wife was irate and very upset yelling at the tv "forget the dang game! KJ is hurt - it's not worth a win to have KJ go through this!!"  I was feeling the same way, but it's football and I know KJ gave all he had and did not want to be taken out as long as he was able to go.  Thank goodness all will be fine with his health.  I just want him to be able to play without risking further injury and if that means for him to rest this week and not play against ugag then so be it - the game is not worth it; KJ gave all he had to Auburn that night.

At the end of the game my wife really couldnt enjoy it due to the way KJ went out.  It was bitter sweet and she said it almost felt like a loss.  I had to reassure her that he would be fine.  What an emotional night that was.

Your wife  and I are a lot alike. I kept telling my husband while celebrating on the field “BUT KJ IS HURT!!!!”

I had a FB status that night that I almost would rather take a loss than to lose KJ. 

So, it’s an abdominal strain now?  I just need to jump off the message board and for a few days.

2 minutes ago, Devilhorse said:

There are reasons Pettway isnt playing and shouldn't be.  As someone else mentioned he has been cleared medically.  He missed an early game for the same reason.  It sounds and look better to leave it a being hurt. I would not be shocked if he is dismissed from the team before its all over.

Maybe he'll just be encouraged to go pro.

Archived