Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Devilhorse said:

There are reasons Pettway isnt playing and shouldn't be.  As someone else mentioned he has been cleared medically.  He missed an early game for the same reason.  It sounds and look better to leave it a being hurt. I would not be shocked if he is dismissed from the team before its all over.

Well I’m never on the train to dismiss a player ever, unless it’s really illegal activity, but I’d pray anything smaller than that can be put to the side for the sake of not coming this far and losing 

12 minutes ago, Devilhorse said:

There are reasons Pettway isnt playing and shouldn't be.  As someone else mentioned he has been cleared medically.  He missed an early game for the same reason.  It sounds and look better to leave it a being hurt. I would not be shocked if he is dismissed from the team before its all over.

Why is this still being a possible reason? I've seen no reports, reliable sources on boards to even mention this. What could he have done around or after his injury to reach a non injury conclusion.?

What gets frustrating is that the initial information is exactly what happened, yet for some reason, many folks have to have exact details and rehash the info over and over.

Truth; he pulled something during the play in question and it hurt a lot. We don’t know what exactly it was. It was not a shoulder dislocation or any broken bones. Therefore, it will be sore and take some time to heal but looks like he will be able to play. Thank goodness! Let’s move on. Would that be ok?

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

What gets frustrating is that the initial information is exactly what happened, yet for some reason, many folks have to have exact details and rehash the info over and over.

Truth; he pulled something during the play in question and it hurt a lot. We don’t know what exactly it was. It was not a shoulder dislocation or any broken bones. Therefore, it will be sore and take some time to heal but looks like he will be able to play. Thank goodness! Let’s move on. Would that be ok?

Never!  We need to keep talking about it until the truth gets distorted.  Give it a few hours until it morphs into his arm had to be amputated.  :dead:

5 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

You know a few beat writers have to get their clicks first

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Never!  We need to keep talking about it until the truth gets distorted.  Give it a few hours until it morphs into his arm had to be amputated.  :dead:

Or that Pettway did it and that’s why he’s not playing. ?

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:24 PM, selias said:

I'm not saying we'll win easily but, you don't correct a physical whipping like they received in-season. Their emotion will carry them for the 1Q but after that, it's skill, toughness and physicality. I like our chances in that case.

WE have to avoid the mental roller-coaster ourselves and keep the "foot on the pedal" mindset in both coaches, players, preparation and in-game-adjustments.

26 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well I’m never on the train to dismiss a player ever, unless it’s really illegal activity, but I’d pray anything smaller than that can be put to the side for the sake of not coming this far and losing 

Me either but from everything I hear its pretty much the same thing that happened to last years QB. 

Has it been discussed that Kerryon only needs a little over 40 yards to become SEC rushing yardage leader? Or 2 TDs to become rushing TD leader?

RBU...

If it's an abdominal muscle strain it depends on what degree that will determine his effectiveness or continued playing status as he continues to be hit, stretch and twist his body. 

If it's a 1 I feel good he will be effective.  

If it's a 2 grade then I really worry he can perform at level he wants to or will allow him to contribute on the field. A week seems to short a time. 

Now we know why he kept saying ice,ice ice and more ice. We thought it was his shoulder.  

23 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Or that Pettway did it and that’s why he’s not playing. ?

Woah really? Big, if true.

(sarcasm)

35 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

So what you're saying is it was a broken collar bone that forced a dislocated shoulder that tore his bicep tendon causing him to strain his abdominals as he winced from a rupturing appendix. Gotcha, thanks!

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

What could he have done around or after his injury to reach a non injury conclusion.?

Go back about 3 years and count the number of non-injury conclusions that have been correctly reached about players. Use that as a starting point. Or it could have been any number of other things. Things don't always go perfectly for athletes when they're away from the field. 

The specifics really don't matter to me. Whatever it is, I hope we see him back on the field next year.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Now we know why he kept saying ice,ice ice and more ice. We thought it was his shoulder.  

He had a shoulder MRI and CT Scan. It was negative. So yes, his shoulder was in pain too. 

3 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

He had a shoulder MRI and CT Scan. It was negative. So yes, his shoulder was in pain too. 

Where are you getting this info?

With KJ 50/50 as far as we know, how's the status of KM?  I know he got his ankle re-taped so he could be cannon fodder for the last 3 offensive snaps last Sat but he will possibly be needed a lot more than usual this week.  Anybody update his status?

Archived