Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

With KJ 50/50 as far as we know, how's the status of KM?  I know he got his ankle re-taped so he could be cannon fodder for the last 3 offensive snaps last Sat but he will possibly be needed a lot more than usual this week.  Anybody update his status?

Gus said he's fine, so... broken ankle I assume. :Sing:

2 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Or that Pettway did it and that’s why he’s not playing. ?

Now that sounds like an Auburn message board "true" rumor if I ever heard one.

2 hours ago, Devilhorse said:

Me either but from everything I hear its pretty much the same thing that happened to last years QB. 

Sounds like we need a better program for keeping our injured players focused on non-destructive activities.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Sounds like we need a better program for keeping our injured players focused on non-destructive activities.

Yoga.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Cam Martin is fine. This is also a great opportunity for Malik Miller and Devon Barrett. Next man up. We'll be fine. 

I would prefer to have Kerryon's experience. But having Miller, Martin and Barrett makes me feel pretty good too. All three are very capable and give us multiple skill sets. Martin has proven earlier in this year that he can make big plays and carry the ball several times a game if needed.

41 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Bunker via a poster who got it from Kerryon's family. 

Preciate the info but that’s against AUF’s rules. 

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

What gets frustrating is that the initial information is exactly what happened, yet for some reason, many folks have to have exact details and rehash the info over and over.

Truth; he pulled something during the play in question and it hurt a lot. We don’t know what exactly it was. It was not a shoulder dislocation or any broken bones. Therefore, it will be sore and take some time to heal but looks like he will be able to play. Thank goodness! Let’s move on. Would that be ok?

Is it the same shoulder that be already had shoulder surgery on?

6 hours ago, AUY2K said:

When KJ went down the last time without much contact at all - putting his hand out to say "hey i'm taking a knee dont hit me" and then the bammers hit him in the back.  As he was laying there in obvious pain/distress you could see it in his face.  

My wife was irate and very upset yelling at the tv "forget the dang game! KJ is hurt - it's not worth a win to have KJ go through this!!"  I was feeling the same way, but it's football and I know KJ gave all he had and did not want to be taken out as long as he was able to go.  Thank goodness all will be fine with his health.  I just want him to be able to play without risking further injury and if that means for him to rest this week and not play against ugag then so be it - the game is not worth it; KJ gave all he had to Auburn that night.

At the end of the game my wife really couldnt enjoy it due to the way KJ went out.  It was bitter sweet and she said it almost felt like a loss.  I had to reassure her that he would be fine.  What an emotional night that was.

Women.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

So what you're saying is it was a broken collar bone that forced a dislocated shoulder that tore his bicep tendon causing him to strain his abdominals as he winced from a rupturing appendix. Gotcha, thanks!

That happen to me in my playing days. Hell I was out on the range the next day hitting balls.

Damn golf is a physical sport I tell you.

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That happen to me in my playing days. Hell I was out on the range the next day hitting balls.

So now you're saying that Kerryon's got the shanks???   We are toast.

48 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Physical?  It takes little balls...

6 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Maybe he'll just be encouraged to go pro.

regarding kp,,, 1.) is he infact eligible to come back next season after he played in at least 3 games this year and qualify for a redshirt,,,we possibly get another shot with him next year?

2.) if he's healed up by the playoffs,,,, how would using him in the championship game affect any eligibility he may or may not have? seems like i recall bowl games not affecting these requirements or maybe "the clock was reset" in the old pre BCS days?

I'm still dreaming of the opportunity to one day get to see a healthy 1, 2 punch w/ these guys.  we were so close to it becoming reality i was salivating. i'm still hoping there's a sliver of a chance it's still possible. 

seems like i recall seeing kp in at least one of the recent after game pics that horton likes to posts on his twitter feed showing his boys? at first i wondered if they were recent or were taken earlier but they seemed current? maybe i'll go back and look,,might get a clue about when things went south? :-(

6 minutes ago, div3 said:

seems like i recall seeing kp in at least one of the recent after game pics that horton likes to posts on his twitter feed showing his boys? at first i wondered if they were recent or were taken earlier but they seemed current? maybe i'll go back and look,,might get a clue about when things went south? :-(

I thought I saw him in a clip at the end of the bama game.  I have not heard anything official by any means but the chatter i've heard says he is in trouble and that had a lot to do with his playing time.  Could all be rumors and I really hope they are.

12 minutes ago, div3 said:

That pic was post-Bammer

7 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

What gets frustrating is that the initial information is exactly what happened, yet for some reason, many folks have to have exact details and rehash the info over and over.

Truth; he pulled something during the play in question and it hurt a lot. We don’t know what exactly it was. It was not a shoulder dislocation or any broken bones. Therefore, it will be sore and take some time to heal but looks like he will be able to play. Thank goodness! Let’s move on. Would that be ok?

Can you put that in layman's terms?

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

I don’t mean this in a sarcastic way, but can you support your post with facts?

We all know he broke his collar bone and being a retired MD from decades ago, this injury can take 6-9 weeks to heal enough to play. He is 6 weeks out from his injury.  If needed he could play, but I really think we will see him on the field in the playoffs. His injury has been well documented and I have not seen any official statement that he is cleared for Saturday. I just do not like to see rumors fly around without official documentations to back them. This is all.  I think KP is a good kid and will stay the course. KJ could go pro and no one could blame him with the season he has had. KP would be the man next year if all falls in place.

11 hours ago, doc4aday said:

We all know he broke his collar bone and being a retired MD from decades ago, this injury can take 6-9 weeks to heal enough to play. He is 6 weeks out from his injury.  If needed he could play, but I really think we will see him on the field in the playoffs. His injury has been well documented and I have not seen any official statement that he is cleared for Saturday. I just do not like to see rumors fly around without official documentations to back them. This is all.  I think KP is a good kid and will stay the course. KJ could go pro and no one could blame him with the season he has had. KP would be the man next year if all falls in place.

Does collarbone = scapula?

Archived