Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

So.....Obviously not a fractured collarbone or shoulder?

It is absolutely is shoulder. Call me wrong if it comes out otherwise but I would bet the house on it based on his reaction and the way he walked to the locker room last night.

11 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Fret not. Kerryon will be great to have, but I like Auburn's chances even without him. I don't think people are realizing just how good the Jarrett Stidham and Ryan Davis duo is. That's a weapon. Hopefully Martin is good to go. Barrett would get touches, maybe Pettway would even be back. Kerryon helps us big time, but winning games will not depend on him alone. 

I agree 100%. The short passes to Davis were a stroke of genius by Chip and worked particularly well against both UGA and UAT. Against the latter yesterday, they were probably more damaging than our running game and Saban pretty much said so. They keep the D honest and keep them from blitzing every play.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

we won the game passing. run alabama defense sideline to sideline. 

True dat. We spread the ball all over the field and made their D run around a lot. We were passing to wear down an extremely quick and aggressive D and it worked to perfection. Stroke of genius by Chip.

27 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

I agree 100%. The short passes to Davis were a stroke of genius by Chip and worked particularly well against both UGA and UAT. Against the latter yesterday, they were probably more damaging than our running game and Saban pretty much said so. They keep the D honest and keep them from blitzing every play.

Bama seemed to tag onto the dawgs tendency to blitz quite a bit and perhaps thought we could not handle it cause they brought the house quite a few times....almost from the first play.    Took AU a bit of time to adjust but eventually JS and Davis burned them a number of times...made them pay.

Wondering if our success against bama's blitz might change how the dawgs approach defense next week.   I'm thinking it will be a different offense from Chip the next time we meet UGA.   I watched a bit of the UGa -Tech game and UGA looked about the same as always...well one long pass, but mostly using their running game to beat down a lesser talented defensive line....the Saban approach to football. 

About all the dawgs probably picked up from the Iron Bowl game were some "not to do" things because bama never seemed to find a major weakness to exploit. 

2 hours ago, MIGMAN said:

It is absolutely is shoulder. Call me wrong if it comes out otherwise but I would bet the house on it based on his reaction and the way he walked to the locker room last night.

It may very well be. My point is, if he fractured a collarbone or broke a shoulder, would he be posing for pictures after the game with his teammates and coaches?

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Bama seemed to tag onto the dawgs tendency to blitz quite a bit and perhaps thought we could not handle it cause they brought the house quite a few times....almost from the first play.    Took AU a bit of time to adjust but eventually JS and Davis burned them a number of times...made them pay.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but I haven’t seen Auburn do that in a long time. It was so satisfying and executed so well that for the first time in a long time I didn’t envy other offenses. Ole Stids was absolutely on point all day.

16 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

It may very well be. My point is, if he fractured a collarbone or broke a shoulder, would he be posing for pictures after the game with his teammates and coaches?

Agreed. Horton even had his hand on kerryons shoulder in the pic with all the backs. I’m willing to bet that it’s a pinched nerve or something. He was in some serious pain though.

Auburn RB Kerryon Johnson's injured shoulder is in question with the SEC Championship Game on Saturday, but FB Chandler Cox said, "There's no way we keep him out." Asked whether they could win without him, Cox said, "Of course. We have enough talent, enough guys on this team to win without Kerryon. I’m sure Kerryon will be able to play, but we have such great talent and will be OK."

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40010397-4

Would not surprise me if Gus provides nothing definite about Kerryon or Pettway this week. After all, it just means UGA has to prepare for both, or for the unknown. Keep UGA guessing.

SHOULDER INJURY UPDATE::

I hurt my shoulder late the fourth quarter doing a Boom! with an upward motion. On top of that I bent my wrist giving a high five. It is still sore today. I'm going to rest it and put ice on it. I'm hoping it will be healed enough for the SEC Champ game on Saturday. I'm going to give it all I got. 

Y'all should have Gus figured out by now. He told KJ to fake the injury to mess with UGA's head! Kirby Smart thinks we have no one to run the ball and then Pettway and Kerryon come out at 100%. BOOM!

Seriously, UGA can't beat us unless we have 4+ turnovers.

8 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

SHOULDER INJURY UPDATE::

I hurt my shoulder late the fourth quarter doing a Boom! with an upward motion. On top of that I bent my wrist giving a high five. It is still sore today. I'm going to rest it and put ice on it. I'm hoping it will be healed enough for the SEC Champ game on Saturday. I'm going to give it all I got. 

Were you taken inside the tent after the injury?

15 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Were you taken inside the tent after the injury?

The magic tent, it has all the goodies. They gave me shot (of whiskey) and pushed me back out there to finish the game. 

34 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Does Gus have to say anything at all by NCAA rules? 

Moreso can he? Don't privacy laws say you aren't supposed to give specifics? 

6 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Stidham sure can't run alone the whole game.

Yea but that’s the thing with the RPO they don’t know when he is going to run it or throw it mix in some sweeps we good to go. 

17 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

My whole friend group are cocky UGA fans and they’re conviced Gus is to have an injury report by Friday? I’m 95% sure that’s false. 

It may work in our favor not having him at 100%. Then we'll have to be more creative in the way we attack Georgia on the ground, which could make our offense even more difficult to defend.

2 hours ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

Agreed. Horton even had his hand on kerryons shoulder in the pic with all the backs. I’m willing to bet that it’s a pinched nerve or something. He was in some serious pain though.

Agree

17 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

All medical information is protected by HIPAA regulations.  Only the person or their parent can release medical information.

Archived