Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I saw Kerryon on campus a few minutes ago.  He was running and not wearing a sling/cast/brace.

Unfortunately I realized I can't waste my whole afternoon meant for studying on watching highlights from last night so had to turn off my TV.

*ducks and runs*

SC...I am an older fan and alum, so am I missing something here. It would seem to me that if you had actually seen KJ out running as mentioned above that it would be really a big deal.

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

SC...I am an older fan and alum, so am I missing something here. It would seem to me that if you had actually seen KJ out running as mentioned above that it would be really a big deal.

I’m pretty sure that was a joke.

24 minutes ago, au701948 said:

My apologies, completely a joke!  I tried to make it super outlandish but in today's world, it's getting harder to with the actual absurdity of reality :)

Like everyone so far in this thread, unfortunately I know nothing about KJs status but hope it evolves to a "good to go" by Saturday at 3:00 pm

4 minutes ago, slipadeedoodah said:

Gus doesn’t seem overly concerned.

Besides it looks like Stidham took a big leap last night. He might have usurped Kerryon as our most important player at this point.

Stidham was outstanding last night, stood in the pocket and seemed as confident as ever. With Gus/Chip calling plays like they have the past few weeks I am hoping they can come up with a good scheme to negate the absence of KJ if he cannot go. 

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Hope you have sobered up and gargled with Lysol. 

Nope I still stand firm believing that we will need a running game to beat Georgia. I don’t think a one dimensional offense will get-r-done. I hope KJ or KP are healthy, both would be nice. Is our fan base so crazy after getting a few wins to think that we are now unbeatable!?! The same fan base that wanted Gus fired just a few weeks ago. Boy the fan base gets way too high during the highs (Too low during the lows). I hope most have come down from the high, and realize we have a game to play Saturday. The team we are playing is no slouch. Just because you beat them once doesn’t guarantee you will beat them again. Look at when LSU played bama twice in the same year... I don’t mean to offend people I just post my opinion. Maybe we win without a run game, but I like our chances with a run game and with the best player on the team playing.

24 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:

Stidham was outstanding last night, stood in the pocket and seemed as confident as ever. With Gus/Chip calling plays like they have the past few weeks I am hoping they can come up with a good scheme to negate the absence of KJ if he cannot go. 

With Stidham playing like he has been the last few weeks and Chip running the offense like he has been the last few weeks, we can absolutely beat GA without KJ. The coaches and players are confident. I expect Gus to keep GA guessing until game time, which will leave us all guessing as well. I hope he plays but it's time to stop worrying about it.

12 minutes ago, slipadeedoodah said:

Gus doesn’t seem overly concerned.

Besides it looks like Stidham took a big leap last night. He might have usurped Kerryon as our most important player at this point.

Stidham is without a doubt our most important player.  It is not even close. This is largely due to who replaces each and how the QB position is the most important position. 

36 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Hope you have sobered up and gargled with Lysol. 

Calling up Dial, Irish Spring, Lava, Castor oil...any will do.

24 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Nope I still stand firm believing that we will need a running game to beat Georgia. I don’t think a one dimensional offense will get-r-done. I hope KJ or KP are healthy, both would be nice. Is our fan base so crazy after getting a few wins to think that we are now unbeatable!?! The same fan base that wanted Gus fired just a few weeks ago. Boy the fan base gets way too high during the highs (Too low during the lows). I hope most have come down from the high, and realize we have a game to play Saturday. The team we are playing is no slouch. Just because you beat them once doesn’t guarantee you will beat them again. Look at when LSU played bama twice in the same year... I don’t mean to offend people I just post my opinion. Maybe we win without a run game, but I like our chances with a run game and with the best player on the team playing.

You need to catch up - KP will not be playing. 

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

You need to catch up - KP will not be playing. 

So we have legit sources confirming one way or the other? ( I never really thought he’d play but there were some talks giving some hope)

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

So we have legit sources confirming one way or the other? ( I never really thought he’d play but there were some talks giving some hope)

Malzahn was the source.

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/kerryon-johnson-uncertain-kamryn-pettway-out-for-sec-championship-game/article_8b15aaba-d2fc-11e7-bb6a-033380e9828e.html

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Apparently Gus said it in an interview today. And he didn’t know if KJ would be practicing. 

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

Let's hope it doesn't involve personal issues, otherwise he will not be back this season and will likely not be on the team next season.  We could do well without him, but we have all seen what he is capable of when healthy.  To have both KJ (if he choses to return for senior year) and KP back for next year with a stronger, more confident JS....wow!!

the next great runningback will be on campus next year.... martin, in case you have not seen his video, in my opinion, is the best back in the country and if Gus will play him as a freshman, lookout

Just now, AidiAU said:

Apparently Gus said it in an interview today. And he didn’t know if KJ would be practicing. 

So there is still some hope KJ will play? Nothing wrong with letting him rest, he deserves and needs rest anyways. Hopefully all is well with him.

36 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Do you know that we are one dimensional in KJ's absence? I doubt that you do. This fan base should should be high sevenlee. We have beaten two #1 one teams pretty convincingly. Rest assured that the Auburn fan base knows that Georgia is no slouch....and yada, yada.

Your comment regarding a loss WO KJ is rather stupid IMHO. 

Archived