Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ware_Eagle said:

This looks like him, I could be mistaking. If so it's looks like a thumb injury. Don't look to serious

20171126_192004.jpg

Don’t think it is a thumb injury. If you are thinking this because of the tape job, Kerryon had his hands taped under his gloves (like a boxer) and that is what you are seeing in my opinion. 

Kerryon Johnson has been the focal point of our offense against UGA & UAT. This will be a huge loss if he’s unable to go. Let’s hope that the other 3 RB’s are ready for the moment.

10 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

Don’t think it is a thumb injury. If you are thinking this because of the tape job, Kerryon had his hands taped under his gloves (like a boxer) and that is what you are seeing in my opinion. 

You are correct. This video was taken as the players converged on the field and if you watch him he was clearly favoring that shoulder, not swinging his arm at all. I didn’t think Tre Williams would play vs UAT with the way he walked off the field vs Georgia so I’m being hopeful about KJ. 

No one is underestimating his value..obviously he will be hard to replace, but Auburn’s defense will still be there and healthy as well as Stidham and three serviceable running backs. My biggest concern is their ability to pick up blitzes..I think the OL will give them opportunities to run effectively....

I say some are underestimating his value from what I read and actually from what people said of him earlier this season. And yes the concern of picking up blitzes is a concern and as evidenced by every long pass we had yesterday he's a major factor in that

Just now, cole256 said:

I say some are underestimating his value from what I read and actually from what people said of him earlier this season. And yes the concern of picking up blitzes is a concern and as evidenced by every long pass we had yesterday he's a major factor in that

Good to see you, Cole. And agreed.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Good to see you, Cole. And agreed.

Thanks but I think I'll just sit back and just watch like I've been doing. I say SOME from what I read are underestimating his impact and like clockwork of course somebody who can speak for every person on the board says NOBODY does.....

Good to see you too loof my brother. Keep being cool like you do!

1 hour ago, Dan-0 said:

With Stidham playing like he has been the last few weeks and Chip running the offense like he has been the last few weeks, we can absolutely beat GA without KJ. The coaches and players are confident. I expect Gus to keep GA guessing until game time, which will leave us all guessing as well. I hope he plays but it's time to stop worrying about it.

Yep...that is for sure. With the poker face he has when answering questions, I would not want to sit across the table from him in a poker game.

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Came here looking for some good news and got more than I expected.  Yea!!:happydance:

Power of Dixie land. Sounds about right ??

21 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

No one is underestimating his value..obviously he will be hard to replace, but Auburn’s defense will still be there and healthy as well as Stidham and three serviceable running backs. My biggest concern is their ability to pick up blitzes..I think the OL will give them opportunities to run effectively....

They're gonna have to use alot of Harris and that McLane character at HB more than likely. Might have to run two HB sets at times depending on how fired up UGA comes out. Malik Miller is big as hell, but I don't know if he's too capable a blocker 

34 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:

You are correct. This video was taken as the players converged on the field and if you watch him he was clearly favoring that shoulder, not swinging his arm at all. I didn’t think Tre Williams would play vs UAT with the way he walked off the field vs Georgia so I’m being hopeful about KJ. 

I remember that also. I will use that for some encouragement.

1 hour ago, Ware_Eagle said:

This looks like him, I could be mistaking. If so it's looks like a thumb injury. Don't look to serious

20171126_192004.jpg

I saw this video as well as a few others taken from the field at the end of the game. In this video he is holding his arm up and close to his body like in the picture Coach Horton posted. In the others he had his arm down like normal and was not favoriting it. However, it does appear that he is wearing something on that side under his shirt. I guess that could be anything. Guess we will see Saturday. I hope Kerryon can go. I was hoping to see him make a Tre Mason type Heisman run after the SECCG. 

To me it looks like a rotator cuff injury or tear.  Possibly labrum.  

Ive had rotator cuff and  shoulder impingement issues for years.  It can feel awesome one second and completely lifeless the next with searing pain from your shoulder to your finger tips.  

The good thing for KJ being able to play next weekend is that is a soft tissue issue and force doesn’t really affect it much.  It hurts more with certain movements, perfect example was when he missed the stiff arm and his hand moved down from where expected and put tension on the rotator cuff.  

Ok here ya go:

As far as what happened in game, no idea. Something started hurting all of a sudden. Around the upper ribs and shoulder area. He played two or three series after the lick on the goal line. I think everyone thought it was a shoulder dislocation on the play in question. Something hurt suddenly and sharply.

on the good side, i THINK that he will be medically cleared and will take things easy in practice this week. I expect him to play Saturday. I cannot at this point guarantee that and i would be careful not to listen to any unsubstantiated reports. Also remember that private medical info is just that.  Whispers say that there were no major injuries, hence the pictures and tweets etc. 

this is all i will be posting about this. Throw things at me if you want.

Wde! 

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Ok here ya go:

As far as what happened in game, no idea. Something started hurting all of a sudden. Around the upper ribs and shoulder area. He played two or three series after the lick on the goal line. I think everyone thought it was a shoulder dislocation on the play in question. Something hurt suddenly and sharply.

on the good side, i THINK that he will be medically cleared and will take things easy in practice this week. I expect him to play Saturday. I cannot at this point guarantee that and i would be careful not to listen to any unsubstantiated reports. Also remember that private medical info is just that.  Whispers say that there were no major injuries, hence the pictures and tweets etc. 

this is all i will be posting about this. Throw things at me if you want.

Wde! 

Thanks. Pretty much follows what Gus has said today and what the other players have said in Twitter. Day to day , expected to play to some degree Saturday. Also Gus gave a definite “NO” as far as KP for Saturday.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Thanks. Pretty much follows what Gus has said today and what the other players have said in Twitter. Day to day , expected to play to some degree Saturday. Also Gus gave a definite “NO” as far as KP for Saturday.

^Which still surprises me by what I’ve heard. 

Unless KJ is fully unable to go and can't bear another hit I expect he will want to play next week. May not be as forceful or hard nosed but he may be out there. Idk, would a 75% KJ be better than a 90% Kam Martin I guess is what it boils down to. 

Archived