Kerryon Johnson updates

WDE_OxPx_2010

My biggest concern with Kam is can he hold up running in between the tackle. Also, will he hold on to the football. I like what Kam brings...those two things are just a concern for me. This is exactly why i was hoping we got all of the RBs more carries. 

I'm completely lost when it comes to why Miller hasn't gotten many carries when the few he has had were nice runs and he's a bigger RB. Hoping KJ can get to at least 80% healthy. I think we could be OK with the backups but KJ does so much more. Like would we even run the wildcat if KJ is out? Can the backups pass protect? 

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If KJ is not able to go, and from what I'm reading he may very well have to sit out the SECCG, it will mean next man up which is Kam Martin. Malik Miller and Dean Barrett. You want to be the man, now is your chance.

Kerryon will be made available to the media along with Tray and Jarrett today. Not something you usually do for a hurt player.

My concern with KJ is, even if he plays, will the shoulder injury hinder his stiff-arm?  His ability to avoid tackles by using his  open hand has been a big part of his success this year.

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

This is just my opinion, but I think KJ will play. Maybe not as many snaps as we're used to seeing, but I think he'll play. 

He'll play. I expect Malik and Martin are getting plenty of blocking practice this week. That's the primary reason Gus doesnt want to play them is their lack of experience in pass blocking.

1 minute ago, triangletiger said:

My concern with KJ is, even if he plays, will the shoulder injury hinder his stiff-arm?  His ability to avoid tackles by using his  open hand has been a big part of his success this year.

Well Tre Williams’ injury looked the exact same and he started the next week.

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Well Tre Williams’ injury looked the exact same and he started the next week.

I was pleasantly shocked to see Tre Williams playing.  

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Where did this come from? If true then Ii could see that not sitting well with the coaches.

according to his Insta story that night.

EDIT: Now looking back it seems like he was at the UGA game but left the game to head for ATL.

10 hours ago, weathergeakal said:

Any chance KP is in trouble for not being at the UGA game? Instead he was in Atlanta.

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

Pretty sure he was at the UGA game. Just based on how Gus has spoken about KP versus other injuries, it feels like there's more to the story. And based on what I heard about his original suspension, it makes me think he probably won't see him play again this year. 

Pettway was in fact at the UGA game.  I saw him on the sidelines.

48 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Kerryon will be made available to the media along with Tray and Jarrett today. Not something you usually do for a hurt player.

Do you know what time they'll be speaking to the media?

Let’s get through UGA and hopefully another win and then get these guys healthy for the playoffs.  This UGA may not go as smooth as the first time so definitely need everyone.  Got to win this championship as a team!

26 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Do you know what time they'll be speaking to the media?

Whatever time practice is done and they do press conferences! 

11 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Im more comfortable about playing UGA this time than I was last time. We manhandled them and Bama in the trenches and thats how you win ball games. Same thing this time.

That's also something that's not normally correctable within 3 weeks during the season

Hard to build confidence if you are 21 yrs old and you got manhandled last time you played.  

Kinda like telling a runner you can beat your opponent next time when they beat you in the last track meet handily.  Confidence is huge.

12 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Im more comfortable about playing UGA this time than I was last time. We manhandled them and Bama in the trenches and thats how you win ball games. Same thing this time.

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Whatever time practice is done and they do press conferences! 

Really. Being specific players were selected....was checking to see if there was a planned time.  But thanks though

5 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Really. Being specific players were selected....was checking to see if there was a planned time.  But thanks though

Since when do they do player pressers on Monday? Is Gus speaking too? 

I believe we will win this one 24-16...somewhere in that neighborhood. It's basically a road game with thUGA having more time to buy up tickets. I expect a 60/40 dawgie crowd. As long as we play a clean game and do what we do...we will win. We are the better team and we proved Saturday night that this team is legit.

21 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Hard to build confidence if you are 21 yrs old and you got manhandled last time you played.  

Kinda like telling a runner you can beat your opponent next time when they beat you in the last track meet handily.  Confidence is huge.

I feel much better about the game after you put it this way, thanks!

Just now, weathergeakal said:

Gotcha. I knew that's when the normally do it but since its SECG week IDK.

I thought i heard that there was some sort of requirement from the SEC that they have access to 2 or 3 players for interviews being it's the SEC Championship game (I could be wrong). I'm aware of the regular pressors we have but being that i heard that...i just wondered if they had made designated time to speak with them. 

Archived