Bammer Excuse Thread

AUFlyer99

Can't wait until tomorrow at work. I have the typical loud mouth, always running her mouth bammer that knows absolutely nothing about football as a coworker. The crap she says tomorrow will be priceless. I wont even have to bring it up. Just sit back and watch the stupidity ooze out of her pores. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone please correct the title of this thread? It can't take but two seconds...

Three things in life are certain: death, taxes, and Bama fans blaming the officiating for ANY game they lose. It has been that way since I was a kid in the 70's. Oh, and all announcers, except Eli Gold, are biased against Bama. They think any announcer who isn't pulling for the "good guys" hates them. That one is pretty much a given as well.

I'm so lucky most of the Bama people I know and work with are graduates; most don't follow football and the few that do are always respectful.

(How is this possible you ask? I do not live in Alabama any longer, and most of my co-workers are engineers.)

This is priceless. My one real Bama friend (try to ignore it most of the time) just posted on her facebook that it was Jalen Hurts fault because "He hogged the ball the whole game." :Sing: Honestly, he was the only one who made any decent plays. I guess their coaches don't call plays at Alabama?

What's funny was all the love fest over Hurts after the MSU game drive where he "grew up so much" ( heard many sports talking heads say those exact words) but yet a couple of weeks later the Bama Nation is blaming him and saying he's really not that good of a QB.  So I'm confused is he good or not?

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I am hearing the same thing..."TFNQ Lost the game for us with his fumbles and bad snaps." Updykes still dont like Black Males as QB of their beloved tide.

That makes me sick....and so angry. Hurts seems like a nice young man and he is very talented. The bammers don't deserve him.

The Alabama fans I know had a hard time with the game yesterday.  My dad is the most mellow Alabama fan I know, and here's how mellow he is: I heard him say recently that my decision to attend Auburn University 36 years ago (class of '85) "almost killed me".  And that's a direct quote.  I'm the ONLY Auburn fan in my family, immediate and extended, on both sides of my marriage, except for my son.  I raised him right and he's an AU grad and fan as well.  As will my grandson.

4 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

The Alabama fans I know had a hard time with the game yesterday.  My dad is the most mellow Alabama fan I know, and here's how mellow he is: I heard him say recently that my decision to attend Auburn University 36 years ago (class of '85) "almost killed me".  And that's a direct quote.  I'm the ONLY Auburn fan in my family, immediate and extended, on both sides of my marriage, except for my son.  I raised him right and he's an AU grad and fan as well.  As will my grandson.

Question, do you cheer for Bama when they aren’t playing AU?  No judgement here - I’m just really curious. 

We live close to AU and I’m afraid my toddler may want to go elsewhere because it’s too close to home. ?

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

It may be why we beat them again. They just assume they are better than us...based on nothing really.

"But...but...we're the STATE SCHOOL." ("And Nick Jr. is our coach...")

download.jpeg

50 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Question, do you cheer for Bama when they aren’t playing AU?  No judgement here - I’m just really curious. 

We live close to AU and I’m afraid my toddler may want to go elsewhere because it’s too close to home. ?

Lol. I'm totally fine with bammer being 0-11 going into the Iron Bowl. Wde

I think Hurts is good until he is under pressure in the pocket. He gets a little rattled when that happens. He is obviously at his best outside the pocket and can absolutely find the open reciever. Kudos to our guys keeping him locked in and under pressure.

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

I grew up in Auburn, wanted to run, glad I didn't. Your little one will love what you love as you shape him/her to know the why of it. Why's (when applicable), more than "because I said so" (unless it's a hot stove moment) preach. 

40 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I saw this one last night.

"bamr is right where they want to be. They don't have to play again until the playoffs"

:Sing: That's funny right there. ??????????????????(one for every NC, real, mythical, and shoulda coulda)

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Can someone please correct the title of this thread? It can't take but two seconds...

Thank you!!!   Stupid autocorrect got me and I didn't catch it.  

5 hours ago, around4ever said:

141rxua.jpgo

Oh, how I love this!!!  Toooooo much. And in his honor, since I try to have a song for every sitcheeation...."Da Doo Ron Ron" (inevitably, someone will think we need an extra DOO or two in there). Oh, how I hated this song. Thanks, DaDoo RON RON, for making me remember how much. And RIP, brother David Cassidy.

2 hours ago, rexbo said:

I'm so lucky most of the Bama people I know and work with are graduates; most don't follow football and the few that do are always respectful.

(How is this possible you ask? I do not live in Alabama any longer, and most of my co-workers are engineers.)

Sounds like a boring as hell place to work where nobody talks football and there is no trash talk. I work with a lot of Bama fans here in Alabama. We give each other hell and talk trash all week. Then we slap each other on the back and go to lunch together. It's all in fun. That is what the rivalry is like for most of us I think. Or that's the way it should be.

Tomorrow at work the true bammers will take it how it is. The bandwagoneers will espouse their 29 national championships. It's hard to jaw back and forth last 7 years, the Iron Bowl is either a foregone conclussion, or a death match for the whole ball of wax. Neither scenario makes it business as usual.

19 hours ago, AidiAU said:

I grew up in a total Bama family, but I was an AU fan from the very beginning. 

As a child, I hated bullies, and I always cheered for the underdog.  My neighborhood had no shortage of arrogant bullies who berated anyone who liked Auburn.  And that made me love Auburn.

This is the same sort of story I hear today when people move to my city from up north or somewhere else far away.  They mostly become Auburn fans because of the arrogance of Bama football fans.

When my son was growing up, I had fellow AU alums whose children liked Bama, just because Bama was great then and AU was not.  And most of my son's friends wanted to cheer for the best team at that time.  I explained to my young son that we were AU fans, through and through, loyal even when our team was down.  Strangely enough, he seemed to get that, even at 9 years old.

But to answer your direct question: no, I've never cheered for Bama.  I've never felt hatred toward them, but I never cheered for them, even against other teams besides AU.

Archived