Officiating

Farmer Brown

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I am in total awe of your diplomatic skills Ben. 

I've tried posting there, but have never lasted more than a post or two. And I was being polite and respectful.  Honest.  

Aw, shucks. Thanks, Homeslice.

Yeah, I dug up your post and saw your banishment. 1 post, lol. Just got to tune out the "Auburn sucks" noise. 

They love me there. If you find the DSOR thread from last year, look at how quickly many of them, including the admins, came to my defense when one of the forum idjits felt the need to jump my case after the loss. 

Mind you, I have crossed swords with the admins on occasion. Most recently when I dared to suggest after week one that our front seven was better than FSU's. The worm turned there and I've gotten a few "you were right" PMs in recent weeks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the first half again, the play where Stidham was almost sacked and he shoveled to KJ at the last second there should have been a penalty for hands to the face.  The bammer player hit his helmet and raked his hand across the entire facemask of Stidham.

5 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Just watched the first half again, the play where Stidham was almost sacked and he shoveled to KJ at the last second there should have been a penalty for hands to the face.  The bammer player hit his helmet and raked his hand across the entire facemask of Stidham.

"That's just hard-nosed football!"  --bammer Fan

One flag I'm glad Bama never got was when Jalen tripped after throwing the ball and tried to draw a flag like those drama queen soccer players do. Ridiculous! :-\

3 hours ago, fishepa said:

That's not a penalty.  For it to be a penalty he has to grab the facemask or any helmet opening, or hold his hand there for an extended period of time.  Raking his hand across the facemask isn't illegal hands to the face, nor is it a facemask penalty.

7 hours ago, amsterjam said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but that last play should have counted? Since the game can not end on a penalty we would have had to decline it. 

Game can not end on a DEFENSIVE penalty.  

It can and should end on an offensive penalty.   Otherwise the offense would keep committing a penalty on every play until they get their score.  

On 11/27/2017 at 1:09 PM, homersapien said:

But I did enjoy the comments referring to Jordan-Hare "voodoo".  They all respect the difficulties that come with playing us there.

You should have pointed out that it's 9-5 Auburn in Jordan Hare AND 7-4 Auburn in Bryant Denny. We own them in both of our current venues.

16 hours ago, jtauburntiger said:

Game can not end on a DEFENSIVE penalty.  

It can and should end on an offensive penalty.   Otherwise the offense would keep committing a penalty on every play until they get their score.  

Not if the defense declines them though right? I could be wrong but I thought our two options were to accept the penalty and give them one more play or decline and end the game? 

All I could find is what's below and it's not too clear.

image.png

On 11/26/2017 at 4:37 AM, aujeff11 said:

Does anybody have footage of the last play of the game? It appeared to me that Hurts was past the line of scrimmage before he connected on that 65 yard pass play. If so, those 65 yards shouldn’t count. It’s a disservice to our defense.

They did not count. Home team is responsible for the official stats and it was removed. The ref did throw a flag for illegal pass but because it was an offensive penalty on the last play , then game is over, so play was negated. ( per PM on 247 free page)

Archived