Gary Danielson

corchjay

Great analyst but good grief I’m so sick of hearing him call Bama games.  

We get it Bama is a good team but there is another team playing to.  

I know it’s petty but I’m sick of hearing him go on and on about how Bama this and how Bama that.  Just call the dang game and give your analysis.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly have always respected his insight and neutrality but he was so far in the tank for Bama tonight it was sickening.  It was clear the storyline was to pump Bama and he went so overboard with it.    Him comparing Hurts to Cam over and over again was wrong and disgusting.  

He is doubling up since Verne is not here.  The great thing is...the more he opens his mouth, the more foolish he looks, especially when the outcome is what it is.  Love Rod and Stan.  We pipe them in at home with the viewing feed...and fortunately, Rod and Stan were on at the Arena today.

I had to mute the TV. I just couldnt take it. And not only that, he invents crap that doesn't even happen during a play. They will show the replay, and what he says happened didn't happen at all, but he keeps going on like it still did. As if none of us can see the freakin TV.

The whining about AU holding and the Kirby nugget while Bama O Linemen were dragging AU D Linemen down by their jerseys did it for me. He was pathetic.

2 minutes ago, CR said:

The whining about AU holding and the Kirby nugget while Bama O Linemen were dragging AU D Linemen down by their jerseys did it for me. He was pathetic.

Exactly!  To hear about holding on us, while watching their O line hold like crazy was nuts.

In fairness, he's doing a lot of uat games because he's on the top CBS broadcasting crew and they get the CBS SEC Game of the Week.  And well, uat has been winning a lot so uat shows up in the prime spot.  I like Gary and think he's a pretty good color analyst.  He doesn't sugarcoat anything.

Also, remember what he said on air after the Kick 6 play:  "Auburn played for the return on a miss, and alabama only had fat guys out there who couldn't cover." 

Yeah we win the game but with about five minutes to go he starts lobbying for Bama and really turns it on when we are no doubt going to win. It was pathetic and completely unprofessional. F that guy and the way he handled things. Mods move as you wish. 

We don't deserve to hear why they should be in the playoff in a spectative scenario in a crazy next week. Talk about the damn game

Almost all TV broadcasters are in love with whomever our opponent is for the day, i.e. that "TIGERS ROAR.....REAL IT!" b.s. from last year LSu ending. But I'm so sick of Gary Danielson I can't even put it in words. Nice thread. Bump this thread forever please.

8 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

He is doubling up since Verne is not here.  The great thing is...the more he opens his mouth, the more foolish he looks, especially when the outcome is what it is.  Love Rod and Stan.  We pipe them in at home with the viewing feed...and fortunately, Rod and Stan were on at the Arena today.

Dangit. Came so close to watching in the arena.

Just now, jAUSon said:

Dangit. Came so close to watching in the arena.

I would not be surprised if they open it back up for the SEC Championship next Saturday.  We were there when we replayed SC...that was a day I'll always remember.  We will be in the Millbrook Parade next week, un/fortunately...or we would be back.  Got to defend our #1 float status from last year!  :Sing:GREAT venue.  Well clad in orange in and blue today.  

Went to a replay to credit an out of position db on one of our routine dropped passes. I'm passing out free "thumbs ups" for knocking GD in this thread lol. Y'all have at it. I can not let it rest.

8 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Went to a replay to credit an out of position db on one of our routine dropped passes. I'm passing out free "thumbs ups" for knocking GD in this thread lol. Y'all have at it. I can not let it rest.

I’m right with you and started the thread it was sickening to listen to.  Brad has done a good job this year as play by play but Gary worshipping at the feet of Bama is repulsive.  I love Rod and Stan but like an “unbiased” opinion when watching the game.  And for the premier game each week we don’t get that.

So who’s clutch?  Stidham or Hurts?  But he kept beating that drum for Hurts yet he has sucked all year on 3rd down conversions.  

I have grown tired of Gary over the last few years as well. With that being said, I had a LOT of bammer fans, on FB, saying they couldn't stand Danilelson, because of him always praising Auburn...........give some and take some........

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He probably gambles on Bama as much as Verne did 

He probably has carnal knowledge of Saban... it’s possible!

Archived