Gary Danielson

corchjay

22 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

And our exhausted, wore out Defense. He's an idiot.

That one cracked me up.  Next play Jalen was throwing it away if I remember it right. 

Danielson is an ass....  Hate to use that word on a family friendly forum, but it is what it is.  

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUFlyer99 said:

That one cracked me up.  Next play Jalen was throwing it away if I remember it right. 

Danielson is an ass....  Hate to use that word on a family friendly forum, but it is what it is.  

Exactly. Hurts wasnt able to stand in the pocket all game long.

I actually like Gary.  Now Verne, I couldn't stand.  I feel the same way about many analysts, but I believe Gary Danielson to be one analyst that is most fair to Auburn and he actually has knowledge of the game.  Now ESPN analysts I can do without.

4 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I actually like Gary.  Now Verne, I couldn't stand.  I feel the same way about many analysts, but I believe Gary Danielson to be one analyst that is most fair to Auburn and he actually has knowledge of the game.  Now ESPN analysts I can do without.

I agree with you. Danielson calls games about as fair and straight as anyone, and unlike most he usually seems to know what he's talking about.  I detect no overt bias on his part when he calls games involving Auburn, and that includes tonight's Iron Bowl.

17 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

Just want to say that Hurts and Cam should have never been in the same sentence. What was he talking about?

Now this is true.  I've said it before and received some flack for it, but Hurts is overrated in my opinion.  All that Heisman hype was crap.  And tonight several people noted that Hurts cannot throw on the run and struggles big time when pressured.  He looks nothing like Cam Newton.

7 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Now this is true.  I've said it before and received some flack for it, but Hurts is overrated in my opinion.  All that Heisman hype was crap.  And tonight several people noted that Hurts cannot throw on the run and struggles big time when pressured.  He looks nothing like Cam Newton.

It's like saying Lonzo Ball is like Magic Johnson. :dunno:

48 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

And our exhausted, wore out Defense. He's an idiot.

Danielson with 3:45 left to go..."I wouldn't be shocked if Gus Malzahn takes a time out and lets his pass rushers rest...they got no juice at all".  The very next play Nessler on Hurts dropping to pass..."in trouble again..."

The one that killed me was when Daniels was stating Alabama should be mad on one of the drag routes and holding. I laughed at that one cause I can remember one replay and a Alabama guy was behind an Auburn dline player and had his shirt held and tugged out for about 3 ft.

Hurts is not even close to Cam Newton. He’s much closer to a Nick Marshall, but not Cam. 

And we got held a lot while on defense.. and also they got an easy push off TD catch. Not gonna complain because we were better so much more of the game that it didn’t even matter. 

lol it is hilarious because all the bama fans thought verne and gary for years were against them for years and hated them. Announcers seem to be hated by both sides of every fanbase. I honestly think Gary has bama fatigue tbh. I have noticed a lot during the end of bama blowouts the past couple of years he would try to come up with the narrative of who could take down bama. I am sure he rather mix it up and not call bama games 5 or 6 times a year every year.

Ohhhhhhh man, I started a thread but the mods deleted it. I have a lot of anger towards CBS because if the way they changed the conversation there towards the end instead of more about OUR win. They need to be reprimanded for that Crap. See ya

I felt all year load up and stop bama's running game and keep Ridley under wraps and you can keep bama's offense in check. Even though many so called experts felt Hurts was  a Heisman candidate, I am not one of them and after today alot of people may have that same feeling.

Easy Radio Delayer app on your Android phone and a Bluetooth speaker will get you set up to listen to Rod Bramblett. Makes watching the game much more pleasant. 

I can't handle BSPN commentators anymore.

@GwillMac6 tried to say Danielson wasn’t biased towards Bama a while back. His argument was that because Danielson and the CBS crew broadcasts Bama so much, and because Bama does well so much, that the happenance of Danielson gushing over Bama occurs naturally without any partial inclinations. 

However, when Danielson brought up that UGA sent in 6 plays for review and that we have developed a reputation for holding in the secondary right after he tried to smooth out the incident where Rahsaan Evans literally ripped our QB’s helmet off, that erased all doubts that Danielson wasn’t impartial to both teams. 

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

Great analyst but good grief I’m so sick of hearing him call Bama games.  

We get it Bama is a good team but there is another team playing to.  

I know it’s petty but I’m sick of hearing him go on and on about how Bama this and how Bama that.  Just call the dang game and give your analysis.

Not only is he pro Bama, pro Sabin, (Sabin owes him money for the prostitution services he was performing the entire game) but he got every dig in at Auburn he possibly could. I mean, constant comments like this could’ve been a flag on Auburn, and I don’t really think that should’ve been a flag against Alabama etc... the entire game!

Did you hear the comment about Kirby Smart submitted six plays to SEC officials he was unhappy about in the Georgia game? I mean really Gary? Do you bring that up as AU is beating Alabama and going to play Georgia next week? He is totally anti-Auburn, and I can’t stand him!

7 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

I agree with you. Danielson calls games about as fair and straight as anyone, and unlike most he usually seems to know what he's talking about.  I detect no overt bias on his part when he calls games involving Auburn, and that includes tonight's Iron Bowl.

If you detected no bias in the broadcast, I’m not sure what announcers you were listening to but it wasn’t Gary Danielson.

7 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

The offsides call on the Updykes on the punt..."Auburn had a play on..."  BS.

Yes, forgot about that one. Then during the instant replay he blamed the penalty on our center. Disgusting!

Gary Danielson had an agenda last night and he was doing everything he could to trash Auburn on national tv. His agenda was cringeworthy. The part about tapes being sent in by Kirby, and auburn "gets away with a lot" made me lose all respect for him. Fire him.

Something else that rubbed me wrong about Danielson’s broadcast that I want to bring up: This game was exactly like the way Charles Barkley said it would be, kick ass, not kick six. After the win was a foregone conclusion, Danielson continued to compare this game to the 2013 game as if tonight wasn’t a complete domination of a peformance and that seemed disingenuous. I won’t tell y’all how to think about him but when he shines a light on the penalties that could possibly be called against us, but never does it for the other team, I detect bias.

Another example showing a possibility of bias that I remember: It was the 4th Quarter, and we had the ball, 3rd and 5, I believe. Gary Danielson said before the play something to the effect of  “Alabama will get the ball back with 5 minutes left to play,” and it took the other announcer to say “if they get the ball back.”  Danielson is beyond assumptive that Bama will do well on any given play and that suggests he thinks Bama is superior or something. Because at that point, if Bama isn’t successful stopping a fairly easy 3rd and five, Danielson gets to act like it was a freaking miracle that we achieved a first down on 3rd and 5.

Danielson’s worst (and unforgivable) sin was referring to Kerryon as arrogant. Nothing could be further from the truth. I wanted to punch him in the mouth for that one. He should call games wearing a Jalen Hurts jersey and in a Houndstooth hat. 

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

@GwillMac6 tried to say Danielson wasn’t biased towards Bama a while back. His argument was that because Danielson and the CBS crew broadcasts Bama so much, and because Bama does well so much, that the happenance of Danielson gushing over Bama occurs naturally without any partial inclinations. 

However, when Danielson brought up that UGA sent in 6 plays for review and that we have developed a reputation for holding in the secondary right after he tried to smooth out the incident where Rahsaan Evans literally ripped our QB’s helmet off, that erased all doubts that Danielson wasn’t impartial to both teams

Absolutely.....those comments were inexcusable.....especially the one about Kirby and the UGA thing. He made excuses for bama all afternoon ...made me yearn for Verne. 

Archived