Gary Danielson

corchjay

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danielson has been awful for years.  He was just overshadows by the excessive awfulness of Lundquist.  Now, with ole Verne out and a quality play by play man there, Danielson's awfulness is exposed.    I got so tired of hearing him basically campaiging for his precious uat to still make the playoff it was sickening.  He  needs to go pronto.

1 minute ago, bigsixfive said:

I wanted to run him out of Lee county when he revealed a play we worked on in practice before we ran it. 

Actually he called it about 2 seconds before it happened.....thought that was his best moment of the day....but sometimes guys like him want to show off and do talk too much about what they see in practice or hear from coaches. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Actually he called it about 2 seconds before it happened.....thought that was his best moment of the day....but sometimes guys like him want to show off and do talk too much about what they see in practice or hear from coaches. 

What if we didn’t run it right then? He doesn’t get to go to practice to say “Hey I saw them working on this, let’s see if they run it.”

I haven't listened to the TV broadcast in years because of all the things being posted here.  Us old timers remember that if you couldn't be at the game, the only way to know what's going on was through the radio broadcast.  It's not just the Crimson Broadcasting System, but all the TV broadcasters.  Auburn has always been and will always be The Redheaded Step Child.  When we are successful, we always have to overcome tremendous odds and that's why it's so special to us.

The Bammers are bad mouthing Danielson on their discussion boards too. I don't really have strong feelings either way about Danielson. He's a color guy talking to a national audience, not a radio play-by-play guy for the home team. He's more personality than analyst.

I was shocked that he was comparing Hurts to Cam. But then, he also went on and on about Auburn's "elite" defensive line. He must have used that word 50 times. And he praised Auburn's offensive line play, Kerryon and Stidham, and absolutely gushed over Ryan Davis.

I don't pay much attention to Danielson or any other color guy. They are there to make chatter between plays. He's not as irritating as some others.

I live in Orlando and so our Iron Bowl party was full of fans from different schools. UF, UCF, Florida St and Miami, all of them were in agreement about his commentary favoring Bama the entire game.  He was pumping up Bama the entire game.  Auburn was clearly the better team on the field, players and coaching last night, that is the story he should have narrated.  

The one that probably started the bias off for me was the drop by NCM.... he was going on and on about how incredible of a play it was by the DB and the review and it was just a regular fumble finger drop.  Fricking idiot

CBS wanted the 08 09 scenario with #1vs#2 sec championship. Auburn ruined that and you could sense his mood during the uga game. He should not have said anything about Gus reviewing the spot or willis throwing for a first down. "You better believe Kirby will remember that, he wants one more shot". I always liked Gary until uga and bammer games. 

19 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Sync'ed up the radio broadcast. Glad I did. 

My radio broadcast is about 5 seconds ahead of the TV telecast.  ☹️

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

Am I the only one who heard Brad Nessler roll his eyes on more than one occasion...?

yooooo THIS!!!! I guess everyone forgot in his year away from calling football games just how dang CORNY he is. He makes me cringe all the time with the stuff he says!!! lol. You know in his head he is totally going NAIIIIIIIIILED IT with the "jokes" he says on air! haha.

10 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

He is doubling up since Verne is not here.  The great thing is...the more he opens his mouth, the more foolish he looks, especially when the outcome is what it is.  Love Rod and Stan.  We pipe them in at home with the viewing feed...and fortunately, Rod and Stan were on at the Arena today.

I was in the arena too for the first half. Then went to Momma G’s for some food. We could hear the crowd from outside Momma G’s. We knew a good play was about to happen before we saw it on the TV. AUsome day. 

Calling KJ arrogant. That is attacking a great player. If you are going to do that you better back it up with facts which you can't. There is a huge difference between confidence and arrogance.

I remember on second play Gary called he tried to go Madden and circle a receiver indicating trick play.....Had Alabama called timeout I would have reached for my Alex Jones hat lol........luckily our fast paced play style prevented me from doing so.

My social media post immediately after the game last night.

So when you beat #1 2 out of the last 3 weeks that means.....right? In other news, every Bama player has been rushed to the ER for emergency surgery to remove Gary Danielson from their rectum. Prayers sent! WDE!!!

It was nauseating!

1 hour ago, tigerfangs said:

I was yelling after the cheap s***  Evans did to Stid, but didn't he almost excuse it?

He called it "ticky tack" like it wasn't a big deal.  That was garbage and Evans should have at the very least gotten an unnecessary roughness call.  Not surprised that he didn't or that he even did it in the first place, however.

I couldn’t really hear the broadcast since I was in a large crowd at Sky Bar, but if he complained about Auburn missed penalties, then boy he should’ve complained about the plethora that weren’t called on Alabama. There were also questionable penalties called on Auburn that weren’t reciprocated for us. For instance, the obvious pass interference that wasn’t called on the deep shot to I believe Slayton inside the 5. 

Archived