Gary Danielson

corchjay

If Gary was a half decent researcher, he would look at uat’s schedule and see who they beat. They beat no one. FSU? Ha, they turned into a joke. MSU? Ha, they were blown out by AU and lost to OM. There isn’t a resume boosting win out there for them. Blowing out bad teams isn’t impressive. If they get in, it’s becuase of their pedigree. They lost their only meaningful game this year and won’t have to play in a conference championship. Let a team that plays a real schedule get in. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he blows off what looks to be  clear PI, at least to me, on the long pass to Slayton where the DB was tugging on Slayton's left arm. Then in the 4th qtr he makes a point of stating Williams held the bamr receiver on a pass to the middle of the field. Yeah, Danielson, that was PI or holding on Williams, as was the one on Slayton.

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

So he blows off what looks to be  clear PI, at least to me, on the long pass to Slayton where the DB was tugging on Slayton's left arm. Then in the 4th qtr he makes a point of stating Williams held the bamr receiver on a pass to the middle of the field. Yeah, Danielson, that was PI or holding on Williams, as was the one on Slayton.

If not PI it was at least defensive holding. He completely disregarded it. Speaking of PI. Hopefully, Dinson does that next time he loses the sight of the ball. Much rather he grabs the guy versus give up a TD.

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Absolutely.....those comments were inexcusable.....especially the one about Kirby and the UGA thing. He made excuses for bama all afternoon ...made me yearn for Verne. 

CBS has been making snide remarks since the Glenn Dorsey thing. Brent Musberger went on about it for years even though Tubby apologized to Dorsey and the coaches and said it wasn't a personal, deliberate thing....just a freshman being over enthusiastic and stupid kind of mistake. Since that game Auburn gets those hits on every single CBS game broadcast. It used to be Musberger doing the mudslinging but now Gary has taken over the job. 

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

My radio broadcast is about 5 seconds ahead of the TV telecast.  ☹️

Get the TuneIn app. It will buffer the stream, which gives you time to adjust the radio broadcast to the tv

I'm pretty sure Danielson also made a point to state that UGA was #2 in the AP poll when we beat them. Diminishing the accomplishment of beating two #1 ranked teams in 3 weeks. Can't stand him.

I tried to listen to the cbs broadcast. Made it to the second quarter. I had enough!! Thank goodness for the tunein app and dvr. War Eagle!!

25 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I'm pretty sure Danielson also made a point to state that UGA was #2 in the AP poll when we beat them. Diminishing the accomplishment of beating two #1 ranked teams in 3 weeks. Can't stand him.

Can someone tell him that the AP poll doesn't matter. He deserves some grief for that

6 hours ago, MCPeePants said:

He called it "ticky tack" like it wasn't a big deal.  That was garbage and Evans should have at the very least gotten an unnecessary roughness call.  Not surprised that he didn't or that he even did it in the first place, however.

He did.  It's called a personal foul and he got one for it.

I noticed quite a few times in the game that Bama players were trying to hurt our guys way after the whistles were blown. They only called one and Gary Danielson never said anything about those. If it had been the other way around he would have been crying about it the whole game. 

Verne finally retired. Gary needs to as well!

Will NEVER forget

2007 Sec championship: Danielson made huge deal about the chop block in LSU game and how we tried to ruin their chance at a National Championship by killing their "star" DL.

2010 LSU game: Started the BS about Fairly "driving QB's in to the ground" laying the groundwork for labeling him a dirty player that would blow up in the GA game.

and now this obvious undermining of AU yesterday. He is a tool and cant stand it if Bama, LSU or GA/Fla isn't the one winning the SEC. No friend of Auburn and honestly an overrated analyst, obviously jealous of Romo.

44 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

He did.  It's called a personal foul and he got one for it.

I stand corrected; I guess I was so irritated by the play I didn't remember that part of it.  Personal foul, sure.  Thanks for the correction.

6 minutes ago, NCeagle said:

No friend of Auburn and honestly an overrated analyst, obviously jealous of Romo.

It'll never happen, but that would be awesome if Romo called one of our games. He's been awesome as an analyst this year

Updykes had a crucial 3rd down and 4 to go from the Auburn 12 yard line with 1:36 to go in the third quarter and with a CBS camera man shooting extreme close up into the helmet of Hurts, Nessler says "You look into the eyes of Mr. Clutch, Jalen Hurts...he's had to work for everything today though...."  Hurts lets the play clock expire and Nessler and Danielson simply let it go with "it's so loud in here...."   Ultimately the Updykes botch the field goal and come away with no points from the red zone.

So, tell me this, if the script were flipped and Stidham pulled that bone head move?  Those guys would have likely gone on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how costly a mistake that was and how could the Auburn sideline have not called a time out?!

Biased or not, Danielson is slipping mentally going into spells of gibberish followed by fellow commentators laughing off his blather or trying to change the subject. He may not be far behind Verne.

I'm totally lost on this one and I just watched the game again. I've always liked GD. If you want pro auburn radio, that's your choice, but I think he's always done a solid and objective job.  I have no idea where some of this conspiracy bias belief comes from.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I'm totally lost on this one and I just watched the game again. I've always liked GD. If you want pro auburn radio, that's your choice, but I think he's always done a solid and objective job.  I have no idea where some of this conspiracy bias belief comes from.

"A man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest."
- Simon and Garfunkel, The Boxer

7 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

"A man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest."
- Simon and Garfunkel, The Boxer

First we want fire gus, now Danielson. Yikes?

I re-watched the game last night, and Danielson didn't seem overly anti-Auburn.  Pro Alabama?  Yes, to a degree, especially when he began stumping for them to make the CFP after it was clear Alabama would lose.

His senseless and repeated comparisons between Jalen Hurts and Cam Newton got on my nerves, and his reference to "Gus Miles" was hilarious.

Archived