Steele

1auburn1

Shout out to CKS.  Brilliant game plan.  Contain, contain, contain all night.  It was frustrating at times watching our pash rushers not come after Hurts as hard as usual but in the end it was perfect. 

Just now, 1auburn1 said:

Shout out to CKS.  Brilliant game plan.  Contain, contain, contain all night.  It was frustrating at times watching our pash rushers not come after Hurts as hard as usual but in the end it was perfect. 

Was it Steele that helped LSU contain Manziel so well? 

The entire D staff deserves huge credit for the way the D played against both UGA and spuat.  Great D was played in those two games.

wde

Just now, Auctoritas said:

Nope - he was at LSU one year, in 2015. Manziel left in 2014. 

gotcha. Seemed similar in outcome. We had Hurts contained all game it seems, and even when he was rolling, we were forcing him backwards more often than not. 

Contain had been a problem at AU for years....but great job to keep an eye on Hurts and not let him get into the open field where he is hard for one guy to bring down.  

While there were just a couple sacks I think, JH never was able to stand in the pocket and look for his receiver at leisure.   Good scheme made JH look like most SEC QBs have looked this year....kind of ordinary. 

There were a lot of folks a bit skeptical Steele being hired to take over the D. Completely different personality and coaching style from Muschamp. We were lucky to get him. He, with Travis Williams and CRG, have created a really top tier defensive front. I hope he doesn't get big eyes for a head coaching job anytime soon. I'd like to keep him at Auburn for awhile.

8 minutes ago, AURex said:

There were a lot of folks a bit skeptical Steele being hired to take over the D. Completely different personality and coaching style from Muschamp. We were lucky to get him. He, with Travis Williams and CRG, have created a really top tier defensive front. I hope he doesn't get big eyes for a head coaching job anytime soon. I'd like to keep him at Auburn for awhile.

Am I  recalling correctly that his family lives in AU? Does his brother work for AU? 

I was just reminding that he had a stint (unsuccessful) as head coach at Baylor for a few years. I don't think he'd leave Auburn anytime soon unless it was for a head coaching job. I'm hoping he got that bug out of his system and is happy as a DC.

2 minutes ago, AURex said:

I was just reminding that he had a stint (unsuccessful) as head coach at Baylor for a few years. I don't think he'd leave Auburn anytime soon unless it was for a head coaching job. I'm hoping he got that bug out of his system and is happy as a DC.

I really think he just likes being at AU and would be fine retiring here. His game plan was great, but give credit also to the execution of it. It's difficult for a player to contain like that all game. We really showed maturity on D.

steele should get a hefty raise for the wonderful job he is doing. and i know folks will disagree but i think our secondary coach deserves more love than he is getting. shutting down calvin ridley was huge in the game.

2 minutes ago, AURex said:

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/new-auburn-dc-kevin-steele-i-want-to-be-here-for-the-duration-for-my-coaching-career

From when he was hired. I also seem to remember an interview with him where he says he has no interest in head coaching again.  

Just now, aubiefifty said:

steele should get a hefty raise for the wonderful job he is doing. and i know folks will disagree but i think our secondary coach deserves more love than he is getting. shutting down calvin ridley was huge in the game.

Greg Brown is as good as any secondary coach in the country. Period.

Looking ahead, I would love to see CKS’s game plan going up against Oklahoma for a second time in in two years if we make the playoffs.  Scheming against Baker Mayfield will be difficult, but having seen him once will help Steele game plan.

EVERYONE OF YOU ARE RIGHT.  Steele has game planned every game wonderfully, TWill, RG, and Brown has all units clicking! Auburn defense is back and nasty as ever. Fast offense is fun to watch, but having the confidence that the D will get a stop everytime they take the field is great! WAR DAMN EAGLE I wish the season had 12 more games

50 minutes ago, AURex said:

there were melt down posts about his hire. turned out amazing. I hope Steele wants to stay for another 10 years. he is one of the best in the business. the defensive planning was perfect

1 minute ago, shabby said:

there were melt down posts about his hire. turned out amazing. I hope Steele wants to stay for another 10 years. he is one of the best in the business. the defensive planning was perfect

mr brown has had several thorpe winners at different stops in his carreer. reading that i was shocked at all the negative stuff aimed his way............and i believe the longer he teaches our kids the better we get. and this is not a slam against the crime dawg.

I would just like to point out the obvious. Gus hired Steele. With all the distain for Gus just a few weeks ago I feel he deserves praise for not only his coaching but his personal decisions too.

3 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

I would just like to point out the obvious. Gus hired Steele. With all the distain for Gus just a few weeks ago I feel he deserves praise for not only his coaching but his personal decisions too.

He’s been on fire since right before halftime against TAM when he made some great timeouts that forced the blocked punt.

Also pointing out Steele can see through people, and he wanted to work with Gus. He wouldn't have left LSU for anyone.  Steele grew up in a God-fearing family. I knew his father and he was a man of such integrity.  I am certain this passed down to his kids. Auburn is a perfect fit for Steele. Steele is a good fit for Auburn. 

Our D has been top notch for 2 years now.  That staff knows what they are doing and bring the intensity every snap.  It helps now that our offense doesn't have constant 3 and outs so the D guys get a chance to stay fresh and the coaches get a chance to coach them up.  I am grateful every time they come on the field, I know they aren't going to give up anything easy.  WDE!

Due to my absolute college football geniusness, I was a little disappointed when we hired Kevin Steele. I did warm up to him fairly quickly. It started to look like it might be one of those right man at the right time hires.

He has turned out to be one of, if not the best, coordinator hires in Auburn football history.

Thank you Coach Steele for all you have done for Auburn! 

Yesterday, we saw a D that has come so far since 2014, which was one of our most frustrating years because we had a great team with a below average defense. Who can forget that year's Iron Bowl when we gained over 500 yards, scored 44 points, and still got beat? Give CGM credit for making a change. Muschamp brought our D back a little but Steele has brought us a D that held Clemson, GA, and AL to under 20 points.

Archived