Steele

1auburn1

STEELE CURTAIN DEFENSE.....for real!!!

Love this man!!!  (Kevin Steele) He is a perfect fit for our school and for this group of kids. One of the things that bothered me the most about all the "Gus needs to go" talk is that I believed that he had made some really good hires for his staff. If Gus goes, many of them will go. I would really love for our school to show some support and pony up a few more bucks for these coaches. They have really deserved it. And I personally believe that means the head coach, too.

They should do away with the Broyles award if he does not win it this year. I personally think he has won it though. 

Our defense is a far cry from just a few years ago when we were having issues tackling. He has done a great job in my opinion. Thank You Coach Steele!!!!

35 minutes ago, WVR said:

Our defense is a far cry from just a few years ago when we were having issues tackling

I told a friend while we were watching the uga game that our tackling is so much better is why our defense is better. We don't have a lot of missed tackles, when we get there we wrap up and bring them down. I give coach Steele most of the credit, Muschamp may have started the turn around but Steele kept improving it and didn't let the players regress.

3 hours ago, kd4au said:

I told a friend while we were watching the uga game that our tackling is so much better is why our defense is better. We don't have a lot of missed tackles, when we get there we wrap up and bring them down. I give coach Steele most of the credit, Muschamp may have started the turn around but Steele kept improving it and didn't let the players regress.

Case being Robert's tackle on Scarbrough to prevent a 1st down. Men of Steele.

15 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Looking ahead, I would love to see CKS’s game plan going up against Oklahoma for a second time in in two years if we make the playoffs.  Scheming against Baker Mayfield will be difficult, but having seen him once will help Steele game plan.

His gameplan was pretty solid until Sean and Pettway gave out again. Much like the Bama game, the defense just gave out once they had no juice remaining. Depth and “juice” was the biggest issues with that squad, and both were remedied in spades. 

I love his pre game speeches to the players.  He starts off slow and then it just intensifies until he’s calmly yelling at them to pump them up.  I’ve seen him do this a few times on Auburn Everyday or the Auburn Football Review (can’t remember which).  It gets me fired up from my couch in north Alabama and say, “PUT ME IN COACH!”

On 11/26/2017 at 9:47 AM, Auctoritas said:

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/new-auburn-dc-kevin-steele-i-want-to-be-here-for-the-duration-for-my-coaching-career

From when he was hired. I also seem to remember an interview with him where he says he has no interest in head coaching again.  

Well, that's what he said then. But I know for a fact that he's on the list for the head coaching spot at Tennessee. He played LB at UT and got his start in coaching under Johnny Majors at UT. When your alma mater calls, that's different. There are names higher on the list and Steele may not be interested at all. But he's done such a great job for us. I'm sure CGM will do everything he can to keep Steele at Auburn.

That was the perfect game plan against bama. Rule 1: don't let Hurts beat you by losing contain. Rule 2: don't let hurts beat you with the long ball. We did an excellent job on both fronts. 

I was against the hiring of Steel. I kept having memories of that Clemson vs WV game where WV scored about 60 or 70 on them. And thought the game had passed him by. Boy was i wrong. I love watching this AU defense. I love watching our DL get after it. I love watching our LBs bring the pain and fill the holes. I love watching our DBs get in the face of the WRs. Offense is flashy but there is nothing more satisfying then stuffing a team with a defense that doesn't let the other team breath. Great job coach Steele! 

Archived