Secondary

WarEagleChemE

Let's all give some love to the secondary. A lot of those plays, Hurts had the ball for 6-7 seconds before he... threw it away. It's extremely hard to keep coverage for that long, but our guys didn't let up all night.

11 minutes ago, WarEagleChemE said:

Let's all give some love to the secondary. A lot of those plays, Hurts had the ball for 6-7 seconds before he... threw it away. It's extremely hard to keep coverage for that long, but our guys didn't let up all night.

That 2nd touchdown pass was just a great a play by their receiver. Other than that, they played great besides the few iffy PI calls. I knew the key to us winning would be to shut Calvin Ridley down and that's what they did. 

20 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

That 2nd touchdown pass was just a great a play by their receiver. Other than that, they played great besides the few iffy PI calls. I knew the key to us winning would be to shut Calvin Ridley down and that's what they did. 

Ditto. We really only see them when the ball actually comes out. On all the other plays the ball.....can't come out. Lock down. 

This thread needs more love -- WE COMPLETELY MADE CALVIN RIDLEY A NON FACTOR

SO happy Steele didn't Ellis Johnson it up

I thought one of the greatest plays came from the secondary and it happened at a very critical point in the game. That was when Stephen Roberts came up on run support, one on one with Scarborough and out weighed by 50 lbs. Roberts just nailed the tackle and stopped the RB short of the first down. That play was really outstanding. 

3 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I thought one of the greatest plays came from the secondary and it happened at a very critical point in the game. That was when Stephen Roberts came up on run support, one on one with Scarborough and out weighed by 50 lbs. Roberts just nailed the tackle and stopped the RB short of the first down. That play was really outstanding. 

Roberts stop on Scarborough was a thing of beauty!!!!  

4 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Gonna need him to do the same Saturday for sure. That three-headed monster at rb don't play over there.

I was super impressed with our secondary. I hope they show that same tenacity this weekend so Fromm holds the ball longer and gets sacked a lot. Matthews and Roberts will be crucial again in run support but those guys can totally hold their own.

Archived