Null



Sign in to follow this  
Zeek

Help Me Catch Up

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

.   Run plays that puts them in the best place to succeed while they are in the game 

That's what we did with Barrett. Lots of gripes because "Everybody knows what play is coming when Barrett goes in".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 minute ago, Mikey said:

That's what we did with Barrett. Lots of gripes because "Everybody knows what play is coming when Barrett goes in".

Barrett can only catch swing passes?  I would've loved to see him run a few

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Barrett can only catch swing passes?  I would've loved to see him run a few

That was a response to: "Put them in for plays that they do the best", above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the reason DB wasn’t playing was because he couldn’t pass block.   Now he can’t run the ball?   I’m sure that he can.   And the excuse of running certain plays is lame.   I think what’s getting lost here is that they are put in the game to get some reps and give the main guys rest.   Our bread and butter plays everyone should be able to run, if not, that’s poor coaching and poor recruiting 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I thought the reason DB wasn’t playing was because he couldn’t pass block.

Never heard that

31 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

And the excuse of running certain plays is lame.   I think what’s getting lost here is that they are put in the game to get some reps and give the main guys rest.   Our bread and butter plays everyone should be able to run, if not, that’s poor coaching and poor recruiting 

Reality is Gus likes to have a lead horse & ride on him a lot even when he could give others a quality touch here & there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't dislike Miller, I think he has a future with us. What I do know is that we fans that aren't at practices cannot sit here at a keyboard and say with any accuracy who should play and how much.

I wasn't disagreeing with you.  I started by correcting aubaseball and then just starting throwing Miller complements.  :Sing:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 3:58 PM, ellitor said:

Keith thinks Clemson still leads now FWIW.

What I can tell you is Jason Caldwell told me at the UGA game that his grandmother wants him close to home badly. Also JLee told me that with his mom being gone so long in the service that he may want to stay close to her now that she's back from over seas...Just some things to chew on.

So he is a local guy, family wants him close to home, and we just had a receiver break a iron bowl record for receptions. Maybe he wouldn't play that particular position, idk. But we need to be selling the program and opportunity to this guy. Chip/Kodi needs to revise our route tree and revamp the intermediate passing game and give JR a powerpoint presentation on it! AU has its best passer in yrs (still getting better). We need a couple more receivers to make it work. JR could start 2018 for Auburn. Auburn degree he can right his ticket in this state. Clemson ain't shite. Sell it, guys! Recruit! That's what you are paid for!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SKIPPER_01 said:

So he is a local guy, family wants him close to home, and we just had a receiver break a iron bowl record for receptions. Maybe he wouldn't play that particular position, idk. But we need to be selling the program and opportunity to this guy.

Clemson had the lead before we started showing a descent pass offense. Leads in recruiting battles don't change overnight that often. It takes time & work. Also I know his grandmother wants him very close. Not sure about his mom though. She may be comfortable with him going away to Clemson since she went away from him to do what's best for her family by serving overseas

12 minutes ago, SKIPPER_01 said:

Chip/Kodi needs to revise our route tree and revamp the intermediate passing game and give JR a powerpoint presentation on it!

The best way to sell JR is deep ball, go up and get it, & screen type stuff. That's his bread & butter.

21 minutes ago, SKIPPER_01 said:

JR could start 2018 for Auburn.

Possibly but the odds would be stronger for him not starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this