Question for those more knowledgeable

Eagle Eye 7

I was a little taken back last night in the fact we used very little motion ( eye candy) as compared to our normal offense. Did we do that because of uat’s speed or what? Thanks in advance for your insight.

We motioned a lot. 

Beyond that bama sets the edge on defense very good.  The speed/jet sweep just doesn’t work very well against them because they play leverage so well.

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

We motioned a lot. 

Beyond that bama sets the edge on defense very good.  The speed/jet sweep just doesn’t work very well against them because they play leverage so well.

I've noticed that the jet sweep or really anything to Stove hasn't been as effective as we'd like these past couple games. Would we have a better chance against UGA in that aspect?

31 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I've noticed that the jet sweep or really anything to Stove hasn't been as effective as we'd like these past couple games. Would we have a better chance against UGA in that aspect?

I expect UGA to come out with a lot of emotion but I also think they will try to play more controlled on defense.  Sometimes that works against AU offenses sometimes we just boat race teams that sit back and try to “read” the play

We used the quick screens in place of the jet sweep to get players outside vs bama. Jet sweep wouldn't have worked bc of bamas speed. We wonder why we saw so many screens vs ulm lol. I got the sense we were practicing WRs blocking downfield. With UGA I suspect they will not be blitzing like they did last time. We have hit several big plays as of late with the all out blitz.

12 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

I only clicked on this thread bc I am more knowledgeable.

I only clicked on it because I knew the smart people would.... and I wanted to fit in

2 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

With UGA I suspect they will not be blitzing like they did last time. We have hit several big plays as of late with the all out blitz.

I agree. I think they will blitz but not as much. I think they will play base defense more, especially if KJ is hurt, and guard the WRs. Just like this bama game - we may have to dink and dunk our way down the field. I think we can win but without a healthy KJ it will take everything we have... 

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I agree. I think they will blitz but not as much. I think they will play base defense more, especially if KJ is hurt, and guard the WRs. Just like this bama game - we may have to dink and dunk our way down the field. I think we can win but without a healthy KJ it will take everything we have... 

If they stay home I do expect us to pull the guard quite a bit. Worked several times vs bama when we dialed it up at the right time

2 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

I only clicked on this thread bc I am more knowledgeable.

-because the thread title, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post in it.

38 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

If they decide to sell out on the pass, I hope we put both R. Davis and Hastings on the field at the same time with Stove in motion and Martin behind Stidham and go full on RPO.  Let's see them account for 4 guys who are quicker than most D-backs.

I think Georgia is going to come out on fire and ready for revenge, but even if we lose Kerryon, I don't see an attitude adjustment on their team, when our guys are on fire, making up for 23 points... even with the change of venue.

18 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I was a little taken back last night in the fact we used very little motion ( eye candy) as compared to our normal offense. Did we do that because of uat’s speed or what? Thanks in advance for your insight.

Bama is the fastest defense we will play. UGA has good players but they aren't near as fast 

Damn we used a ton of motion. Stove  had at least one good run vs bammer and several vs uga. Vs uga they threw to him off the motion multiple times. Davis motioned a lot. 

Georgia can only pray they will be able to contain our offense like Bama did. It just won't happen. We will still hit the deep ball once or twice and our run game will still work regardless of who is back there.

We just need to keep playing our game and limit mistakes/turnovers (please God don't let Stidham fumble another snap from under center in the red zone).

Defense will still ball out against Georgia's run game and force Fromm to make plays.

One thing I do like is Malzahns history in the 2 Sec championship games he’s coaches in. Both games the offense was clicking and didn’t miss a beat.

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

One thing I do like is Malzahns history in the 2 Sec championship games he’s coaches in. Both games the offense was clicking and didn’t miss a beat.

Facing Malzahn one time is hard, facing him twice is freakin' scary as heck. The man is a chess player and when he's already played you once, he knows how you play. That's gives him a serious advantage over someone who has more of "we just play our game" approach.

8 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Georgia can only pray they will be able to contain our offense like Bama did. It just won't happen. We will still hit the deep ball once or twice and our run game will still work regardless of who is back there.

And they won't get the favorable calls like bama did. No continual holding... no ignored pass interference calls. If the refs suck, they will suck equally. 

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

making up for 23 points...

You mean 30. That last TD was essentially in garbage time. Agree wholeheartedly. While I'm nervous about the game, I also remind myself there's no way to make up for that kind of disparity in 3 weeks.

28 minutes ago, lca408 said:

You mean 30. That last TD was essentially in garbage time. Agree wholeheartedly. While I'm nervous about the game, I also remind myself there's no way to make up for that kind of disparity in 3 weeks.

Ok... 30 it is. Unless Kirby breaks out the deer antler spray, our lines are still better than theirs, period.

Archived