Bama player strikes Auburn fan after the game

Newbomb

not excusing but this is why fans shouldn't storm the field. it's a very emotional time for a team that just lost and and suddenly thousands of fans from the opposing team start storming the field while you're still on it

if this is true does this ruin browns career?

and he sure did go after someone from a long way off.

This is why the best policy is to stop the storming the field. Except generally, I’m more worried the scores of people that can storm the field making player security impossible.

Yeah, this actually looks like a dangerous situation for fans and for the players. Still don't blame fans for rushing the field, though. There is just so much emotion wrapped up in a win this big.

Shouldn't have rushed the field to begin with. Act like you've been there before. This game was over well before the last second. We were #6 not #106.

So the fans were on the field, so that excuses a thug player for going after and hitting a fan? 

I would agree with those who say, charges should be pressed! 

The fan was breaking the law when he jumped the fence be kind of hard to press charges against the player that was suppose to be there.  Only if the other guy belonged there does he have a real case.    I agree is was not classy at all by Brown but thats one of the reasons they have a fence around the place.   I agree with apil1957.  Act like you have been there. 

10 minutes ago, Devilhorse said:

The fan was breaking the law when he jumped the fence be kind of hard to press charges against the player that was suppose to be there.  Only if the other guy belonged there does he have a real case.    I agree is was not classy at all by Brown but thats one of the reasons they have a fence around the place.   I agree with apil1957.  Act like you have been there. 

Sorry, not a lawyer, and no desire to be one, but if someone is say... jay-walking, that does not excuse someone else from physically assaulting him.

Again, it was assault and charges should be pressed!

In all honesty and fairness, if the roles were reversed I'd probably say as fan of the opposing school shouldn't be on the field to begin with,  and if the fan baited the player (have no idea if this happened or not) the player shouldn't be criticized too much.  I know after close games I've played and lost I wouldn't want to deal with opposing fans.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Sorry, not a lawyer, and no desire to be one, but if someone is say... jay-walking, that does not excuse someone else from physically assaulting him.

Again, it was assault and charges should be pressed!

No one here knows what or why that happened.  Im sure its nothing but mad and being classless but had the guy been in his seat or on the way to his car like he should have been it never happens.  The way people are today I was not be happy if I was on that team and fans were rushing.  As much as we like to think all AU fans are class acts they simply aren't.  He could have spit on him kicked him or anything else and if he did I would have smacked him too.

Just now, Devilhorse said:

No one here knows what or why that happened.  Im sure its nothing but mad and being classless but had the guy been in his seat or on the way to his car like he should have been it never happens.  The way people are today I was not be happy if I was on that team and fans were rushing.  As much as we like to think all AU fans are class acts they simply aren't.  He could have spit on him kicked him or anything else and if he did I would have smacked him too.

If the bank leave the safe open, that’s not an excuse to steal from it.

If the, as you’re saying, class-less Auburn fan, spit on the player, it would have to have been about a 10 yard spit into the wind.

It was assault by a football player in pads, to a fan in civilian clothes. Again, the fan was assaulted and charges should be pressed! 

4 minutes ago, AUWALT said:

Look close, it was a Woman he Hit

If it was really a female, in today’s climate, Nick Satan needs to kick him off the team. Of course we all know that’s not going to happen!

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it was a female.

Just now, AU-24 said:

If the bank leave the safe open, that’s not an excuse to steal from it.

If the, as you’re saying, class-less Auburn fan, spit on the player, it would have to have been about a 10 yard spit into the wind.

It was assault by a football player in pads, to a fan in civilian clothes. Again, the fan was assaulted and charges should be pressed! 

You have no idea what happened before that video was taken.  Just like the baiting of police officers where they show a cop attacking someone out and leave out the part where the other person swung at them, kicked or threw things.  I never said what the person did or did not do so don't put words in my mouth.  I said he could have done as you and I don't know.  Again had they been where they belonged it doesnt happen. 

My. 02- fans are ok baiting each other I guess, but "good game" is the only thing you tell an opposing player. If I had to guess I'd say the guy had it coming. 

9 minutes ago, GoAU said:

In all honesty and fairness, if the roles were reversed I'd probably say as fan of the opposing school shouldn't be on the field to begin with,  and if the fan baited the player (have no idea if this happened or not) the player shouldn't be criticized too much.  I know after close games I've played and lost I wouldn't want to deal with opposing fans.

Yeah its almost completely likely that he was provoked. We'll never know because the fan damn sure isnt gonna release that info and the player probably will be instructed to not discuss the situation publicly 

it looked to me like he hit a kid he couldnt have been any older than 16

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

if this is true does this ruin browns career?

No. Just like none of Mayfield's antics will ruin his.

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah its almost completely likely that he was provoked. We'll never know because the fan damn sure isnt gonna release that info and the player probably will be instructed to not discuss the situation publicly 

Provoked? What is it about assault and battery you people don’t understand?

6 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

My. 02- fans are ok baiting each other I guess, but "good game" is the only thing you tell an opposing player. If I had to guess I'd say the guy had it coming. 

The guy had it coming?  Good Lord, and I wonder why prisons are full of people that just don’t get it!

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Provoked? What is it about assault and battery you people don’t understand?

It is assault but it absolutely will not be pressed against him. Emotional state. I am sure he will say the fan called him something which led to this incident. Either way, no reason for him to physically touch the fan. Also, no reason for us to be storming the field either. It will be handled underneath the scenes by both parties.

Archived