SECCG thoughts on what to expect

gr82b4au

3 hours ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Weather the emotional storm in the 1st quarter and it's ours. We are the better team and showed it 3 weeks ago. Their "revenge" will only take them so far as long as we don't let them stay in the game. If we play our game and stay physical, the here we go again mentality will creep up.

Yes they will try to punch us in the mouth first drive. That crowd is going to be something else and we need to figure out more sign language or whatever to combat the noise. Hardman is annoying on special teams as we saw in the first game..All it takes is a long return if not a return td to set them off. 3 and out and us score first. Them scoring first again this game and with the crowd behind them will be a huge momentum driver. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bg5 said:

I am not worried about them stopping us. Our Oline hasn't changed and neither has their Def. the only thing that really worries me is Fromm passing more. We loaded the box and stopped the run really well last time. That was their game plan to run because nobody had stopped them all year. Now that they know we can stop it I would expect them to pass a little more. I think a lot of Fromm's bad passing were because of the wind. That will not be an issue this week. If we can continue to stop the run and cover better we will be fine. I think KJ will be fine so we will get our points + JS is getting more and more confident and our receivers are getting better every week. By the time we get to the NC game they are going to be awesome!!!

Along with that we can tee off on Fromm now that we don't have to worry about a mobile qb. He can move a little but certainly not like Hurts. I hope Jeff gets 3 sacks so he can get the record.

2 hours ago, WDE0007 said:

My thoughts on the SECCG:

1. Even though it's "home turf" for the Bulldogs, it should be noted that both Auburn and Athens are roughly the same distance from Mercedes Benz.

2. Three weeks ago, UGA wasn't playing for anything other than their undefeated record. They had already clinched the East. This time, UGA is playing for three reasons: Revenge, conference championship, and a playoff spot. 

3. Auburn played for all the marbles in two decisive wins this season: UGA and Alabama. A loss to Georgia meant Auburn being out of contention for the conference championship and a playoff spot. That upset led us to the winner-take-division Iron Bowl. In addition to not playing for the conference title, it also meant no playoffs for Auburn. I feel confident in this team's ability to perform under these circumstances, because they rose up to the occasion twice already.

4. Both teams have an advantage of having played each other in the regular season. Both teams know what to expect, what to change, what to improve, what the other team will be keying in on, etc.

5. This is now the 7th time the SECCG has been a rematch from the regular season. The team that won in the regular season is 5-1 in the rematch.

And we're still playing for revenge for the past few years we've lost to them, the conference championship, and a playoff spot. Our Time.

While revenge will drive UGA, that's a weak mentality to take into a game and unsustainable if we get a few things going our way. That revenge mentality can quickly crumble into a "here we go again" mentality.

Shouldn't the crowd be about 50:50. ?   

Not like it is a Ga. home game ....and a new site for both teams I think ?  Crowd should not affect one team more than the other...:dunno:

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yes they will try to punch us in the mouth first drive. That crowd is going to be something else and we need to figure out more sign language or whatever to combat the noise. Hardman is annoying on special teams as we saw in the first game..All it takes is a long return if not a return td to set them off. 3 and out and us score first. Them scoring first again this game and with the crowd behind them will be a huge momentum driver. 

I remember Ray Perkins saying something like this

Emotion plays the first five minutes and then talent takes over. Just go out and show them who has the most talented team.

I hated using saying from a former bama coach but I thought it was fitting.

6 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

uga has had 3 weeks to buy tickets. Anybody concerned about it being all uga fans in ATL?

Terrified and I’m being serious. 

Mainly because I keep being told the only reasons we won these last games was because of the crazy atmosphere. ?

Except for equal number to the two teams the game is sold out....been that way for a while with ticket holders from previous years having preference.....

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Shouldn't the crowd be about 50:50. ?   

Not like it is a Ga. home game ....and a new site for both teams I think ?  Crowd should not affect one team more than the other...:dunno:

Should be about right. 50:50, I know donors have had a couple of weeks to buy tickets. Refundable in the event of a loss to Bammer......but that did not happen

I’m not understanding this talk of the “crowd” for thUGA...???  I’ve been to every decent neutral game site for Auburn in the last 15 years and yet to see us not have the majority crowd...and that is especially true of all the games in Atlanta.

The argument that “Georgia knew first” doesn’t hold water either.  There has been a very limited number of tickets available prior to this week.  Hence the high price.  The majority of the tickets will hit the market this week...and our alumni base in Atlanta will snatch a huge majority of them up.

I’m not picking on those that are just waiting on the other shoe to drop, I understand that has happened a time or two at AU. That said let’s be honest about things. I keep hearing how uga will be better this time. That they made a lot of mistakes. I hear their players as well at uat’s players talking about their mistakes beat them. Well it’s all garbage. The reason uga and uat players made those mistakes was because the other team (Auburn) was handing them their butts. It is not unusual to make bad mistakes under duress and that is what both of them got. All that said, guess what? Auburn is going to duress them again and uga will fold just like they did last time. My guess is that we might even beat them worse than the first go round. Don’t sell these Auburn Tigers short. If you do you’ll just feel foolish come next Saturday night.War Dam Eagle beat the crap out of the dogs again.

4 hours ago, selias said:

Say what?

BO told the players to quit dancing until the game was over. They quit.

Just now, WVR said:

BO told the players to quit dancing until the game was over. They quit.

Did not know that. Rock on, Bo

8 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Georgia is going to be out for revenge big time. I just hope we are prepared for that, and these kids dont let the recent successes over Georgia and Bama get to their head. 

The revenge factor is good for about the first 3 or 4 plays...then you settle into the game.  Unless UGA has found a new O-line, a new D-line and a new QB, I don't see the outcome being different.  That was a physical beat down we gave them and that leaves emotional scars.  Ask UT (circa 2004) and South Carolina (circa 2010).  It doesn't get any easier just because you get mad...imo.

2 minutes ago, Warbird82 said:

The revenge factor is good for about the first 3 or 4 plays...then you settle into the game.  Unless UGA has found a new O-line, a new D-line and a new QB, I don't see the outcome being different.  That was a physical beat down we gave them and that leaves emotional scars.  Ask UT (circa 2004) and South Carolina (circa 2010).  It doesn't get any easier just because you get mad...imo.

Also leads to silly penalties. I'm not worried about us being too cocky. I've never seen this team too cocky. Confident, but not cocky. Gonna take a hell of game plan by Kirby. Don't forget by the end of that last game our Oline was pushing their D line about 10 yards down the field 

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Also leads to silly penalties. I'm not worried about us being too cocky. I've never seen this team too cocky. Confident, but not cocky. Gonna take a hell of game plan by Kirby. Don't forget by the end of that last game our Oline was pushing their D line about 10 yards down the field 

You're so right Carl!

I expect them to roll Fromm some so that he isn't just standing there.  Not sure if they will be naked boots or just standard roll outs but if the game is anything in the trenches like the last game then that's about all they can do to gain a little more time to throw.  They tried max protect so we just brought a linebacker when they did that so it equaled out.  

I do expect them to be more successful running the ball but not a lot more.  I'm not sure that equates to more points unless they hit a couple long runs.  

Defensively if we keep working on offense like we have been i'm not sure what you can do to stop it.  When the OL gives protection and we are able to pick up first down we get nasty reeling off plays.  

AU -30

UGA - 20

As with any game and any sport, it's all about assignments! Auburn has proven to be on the same level as all of our opponents when it comes to talent. Our coaching staff will have those guys ready! 

I think UGA will play better but when your OL is getting pushed 3 yards off the LOS every time the ball is snapped that is hard to overcome.  When the opposing OL is blowing holes in your defense that is hard to overcome.  As long as our guys haven't been eating any of that rat poison after the big win over Bammer they should win it.  Big games are won up front and if our big guys can continue to win the LOS it gives us a huge advantage.  

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I expect them to roll Fromm some so that he isn't just standing there.  Not sure if they will be naked boots or just standard roll outs but if the game is anything in the trenches like the last game then that's about all they can do to gain a little more time to throw.  They tried max protect so we just brought a linebacker when they did that so it equaled out.  

I do expect them to be more successful running the ball but not a lot more.  I'm not sure that equates to more points unless they hit a couple long runs.  

Defensively if we keep working on offense like we have been i'm not sure what you can do to stop it.  When the OL gives protection and we are able to pick up first down we get nasty reeling off plays.  

AU -30

UGA - 20

I agree with the rolling out Fromm, but with that comes the difficulty of throwing on the run and the infamous throw back across the field = INT.  So with that, I hope they do roll Fromm out...

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Another thing also . Coe has been good this year but he got a taste of blood last week. I think Coe is going to reek havoc on uga come Saturday night.

One of the few things that I agreed with Gary D about during the IB is when he talked about AU's D-line being elite...not "a" D-lineman, the entire D-line.  With that, you can't focus on one guy you have to man up on all of them.  That's hard to do with true freshmen at RG and RT...rinse and repeat!

1 minute ago, Warbird82 said:

One of the few things that I agreed with Gary D about during the IB is when he talked about AU's D-line being elite...not "a" D-lineman, the entire D-line.  With that, you can't focus on one guy you have to man up on all of them.  That's hard to do with true freshmen at RG and RT...rinse and repeat!

Yea I heard one of the sports talk heads referring to KJ being hurt being a factor against us and the other one looked at him and said it won’t matter because uga’s offense still ain’t going to do nothing against AU’s defense. Drop the mic ? 

Archived