SECCG thoughts on what to expect

gr82b4au

1 minute ago, Warbird82 said:

One of the few things that I agreed with Gary D about during the IB is when he talked about AU's D-line being elite...not "a" D-lineman, the entire D-line.  With that, you can't focus on one guy you have to man up on all of them.  That's hard to do with true freshmen at RG and RT...rinse and repeat!

Someone asked an NFL scout after the last AU vs UGA game which member of our front seven he liked best. He replied, "all of em!" :Sing:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How bout this ? Just beat Georgias ass again . That’s it . Get angry . Get ready to  embarrass them again . As far as I am concerned they have another beating coming and they deserve after the last few years and all the bs . Beat there ass and punish them 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yea I heard one of the sports talk heads referring to KJ being hurt being a factor against us and the other one looked at him and said it won’t matter because uga’s offense still ain’t going to do nothing against AU’s defense. Drop the mic ? 

So true...my point exactly...there were so many inadequate areas with UGA that three weeks does not correct...I'm just being brutally honest.  Does that mean we're going to win?  Only if we stop the run, run on them and win the turnover game...it's that simple!

5 hours ago, selias said:

Say what?

Trey Mathews said about mid third quarter the players started to do some dancing and stuff on the side line. Bo came over and told them that this was the Iron Bowl and Alabama won’t quit, so until the clock says 0:00 quit dancing around.

33 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Greg McElroy tried to say that Georgia has better linebackers than us.... ok :ucrazy:

I see he is still having lingering effects from when Bell rung his bell on the corner blitz. 

Auburn+v+Alabama+6b1UMz74aKqx.jpg

7_22886.jpg

ncf_a_gregmcelroy_cmg_300x300-_T_Sharvin_Bell.jpg

9080034-large.jpg

9079902-large.jpg

college-football-auburn-tsharvan-bell-in-action-making-sack-vs-qb-picture-id107338685.jpg

My one concern about this game is due to the fact that we played a physical game Saturday and UGA had a relatively easy time against GT.  Can our players recover in a week?  I think we can.

We know what it takes to beat them and we've done it already, in the most glorious way.  They will have revenge on their minds and will add some new wrinkles but all-in-all they are still a downhill running team.  Take that away and force them to beat you from the air.  I just don't think they can do it.

9 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Greg McElroy tried to say that Georgia has better linebackers than us.... ok :ucrazy:

Their starting group of LBs is among the best in the country. Roquan Smith, Lorenzo Carter, Davin Bellamy, Natrez Partick. That is a fantastic group of LBs. I'd say, at the very least, they're comparable to our group.

10 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

That’s because they do.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Negative 

I don’t think our LBs are bad, they’re really good. But Ro Smith, Lorenzo Carter, and Bellamy are very good. Roquan Smith specifically is better than any of our LB’s. 

Just heard spurrier on the radio say that the game will not be the same bc both Georgia and Alabama had bad games against Auburn and had a lot of self inflicted wounds.  Does not think Georgia will make the same mistakes again. Thoughts?

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I don’t think our LBs are bad, they’re really good. But Ro Smith, Lorenzo Carter, and Bellamy are very good. Roquan Smith specifically is better than any of our LB’s. 

The SEC east was awful this season... I mean terrible. They haven't played a team like Bama or Clemson. They got exposed last time they played us 

11 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

The SEC east was awful this season... I mean terrible. They haven't played a team like Bama or Clemson. They got exposed last time they played us 

What does the SEC East being bad have to do with athletic ability? 

9 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

This.

The west vs east record is 11-3 this year. The three wins are GA killed MSU (just like we did) and both USC and Mizzou beat Arkmart.  Otherwise, in those 11 wins, the west beat the east by a combined score of 424-202.

Here's another interesting thought:

GA got the ball with 6:13 to go in the game and drove 74 yards to score. Prior to that drive, GA only had 156 yards total offense, and 70 of those yards came in the first drive.

So, they had 10 drives sandwiched in the middle of the game and gained only 86 yards.

15 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Just heard spurrier on the radio say that the game will not be the same bc both Georgia and Alabama had bad games against Auburn and had a lot of self inflicted wounds.  Does not think Georgia will make the same mistakes again. Thoughts?

Interesting.  Coincidentally, the same thing happened to TAMU, MSU, OM, Arky, and Mizzou.  I guess Auburn brings it out in people.

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Because playing in that division could make any team look good 

I’m not talking about the overall team? I’m talking about UGA’s LBs. They’re all athletic freaks who are good at their position, a couple are better than our guys. If you think playing in a weak division or conference dictates how good you are, you’re wrong and there’s a ton of NFL players who are examples of this. 

23 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

He is right, we are going to beat them worse. 

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I’m not talking about the overall team? I’m talking about UGA’s LBs. They’re all athletic freaks who are good at their position, a couple are better than our guys. If you think playing in a weak division or conference dictates how good you are, you’re wrong and there’s a ton of NFL players who are examples of this. 

I'm not saying their LBs aren't good. However, ours are better and we proved that already 

24 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

There is a lot of truth to this.  Obviously some credit has to be given to AU for being there to take advantage of these "self-inflicted wounds", but I don't see any way that this game against UGa is the same blow out as the other week.  UGa missed a couple of easy TDs and dropped several very easy passes.  This was very uncharacteristic of them and I don't expect the same gifts again.  The turds did have some dropped passes, but for the most part we had good coverage on them.

It is my opinion that this game will be closer but we will still win.

i must have watched a different game them some of y'all. i saw a d line create havok and make fromm so uncomfortable. i saw a team in ga so whooped they lost their composure. i saw an auburn team who brought it every dang play and took the game over in the first quarter.  what i didn't see was a Georgia team that was close to being in the game

Archived