SECCG thoughts on what to expect

gr82b4au

I expect to see more of Chubb and Michel....giving two of the best RBs in the country only about 10 carries each was not very Smart in my view. 

JMO but it is to AU's advantage to have at least one of those guys on the bench at all times.  Surprised dawgs haven't found ways to have both on the field together..:dunno:.  That could be a problem.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe if the tickets weren't going for $500+ on StubHub, fans like myself could be there to cheer loud and proud for the boys...but I digress.

I think the main problem with Georgia, and the main reason they lost last time, is that their team is full of cocky SOBs. They're all very full of themselves, and they thought the win was going to be handed to them. Our boys, having dealt with two losses, are just hungrier. They've been humbled twice, and they've regrouped twice.

Georgia made all those "knucklehead decisions," as Smart puts it, because they had arrogant mindsets.

1 minute ago, WDE0007 said:

Maybe if the tickets weren't going for $500+ on StubHub, fans like myself could be there to cheer loud and proud for the boys...but I digress.

I think the main problem with Georgia, and the main reason they lost last time, is that their team is full of cocky SOBs. They're all very full of themselves, and they thought the win was going to be handed to them. Our boys, having dealt with two losses, are just hungrier. They've been humbled twice, and they've regrouped twice.

Georgia made all those "knucklehead decisions," as Smart puts it, because they had arrogant mindsets.

That explains thuga fans.  What about the players?

I kid...I kid...

16 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t think we’ll blow out UGA by that much just cause they can’t feasibly use the same offensive gameplan. Will be a lot more passes in spaces that will cause at the very least our defense to work more. They can’t improve eason that much as a deep ball thrower but there’s a lot more they can do behind the line and with off tackle runs 

I'd like to see us do something similar to what was executed against bammer...RPOs to the outside receivers in stack formation to make their D-line pursue...this will wear them down for the 4th when we unleash the ground and pound.

I'm expecting UGA to add some misdirection and a couple trick plays early on offense to help Fromm out. Similar to how LSU did in the 2nd half against us. We need to be ready for reverses and misdirection early in the game. They also may go a little uptempo more. However, i still expect our defense to dominate UGA's OL.

Nothing from the last game until now has changed for UGA to make me believe that if we show up like we have all season on defense that they'll be very effective. Load the box and make Fromm beat us. If he does..then so be it. We can't afford to let their RBs get into a rhythm. I just hope we're prepared enough on offense that if KJ isn't playing or not 100% we look lost.  I expect a closer game but i still think we win the line of scrimmage again on both sides that will give us a victory.

31 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I'm expecting UGA to add some misdirection and a couple trick plays early on offense to help Fromm out. Similar to how LSU did in the 2nd half against us. We need to be ready for reverses and misdirection early in the game. They also may go a little uptempo more. However, i still expect our defense to dominate UGA's OL.

I agree with this 100%.  UGA is going to come out with uptempo and a lot of misdirection.  They did that on the first series against us before and we did not react fast enough.  Later they tried and were successful except for a few drops by their WRs.  I don't expect those drops to happen again.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

I expect to see more of Chubb and Michel....giving two of the best RBs in the country only about 10 carries each was not very Smart in my view. 

Bring it on. The only back to run successfully on us has been Guice and that was at least partially because we didn't expect him to be 100%.

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Bring it on. The only back to run successfully on us has been Guice and that was at least partially because we didn't expect him to be 100%.

True but seems that UGA is missing the opportunity to make defenses worry about 2 good RBs in the backfield at the same time....I'm fine with rotating them on the theory that they always have a fresh RB....just get both of them in shape and put them to work....  

Just saying that if I was KS I would not be depending on Fromm to carry my team while one of my studs was resting between plays....

Both Bammer and uga had missed opportunities after easily getting passed our secondary (dropped balls, miscues, etc).  Auburn’s secondary is going to have to step it up Saturday, because as someone said earlier, don’t expect the same mistakes twice.

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

Both Bammer and uga had missed opportunities after easily getting passed our secondary (dropped balls, miscues, etc).  Auburn’s secondary is going to have to step it up Saturday, because as someone said earlier, don’t expect the same mistakes twice.

Huh? There was one deep pass against UGA that they could've gotten but our D line caused that. I don't remember Bama dropping any big passes against us but I do remember their WR making an outstanding catch on their first touchdown. We had miscues in both games as well. Stop drinking the media kool-aid 

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Huh? There was one deep pass against UGA that they could've gotten but our D line caused that. I don't remember Bama dropping any big passes against us but I do remember their WR making an outstanding catch on their first touchdown. We had miscues in both games as well. Stop drinking the media kool-aid 

No koolaid drinking here, go back and watch the bammer game.  There were a couple of times WRs were wide open and Hurts misread it.  I know Danielson mentioned at least once.

Now give credit where it is due to our DL for pressuring Hurts.  But you can’t expect that to happen on every play.  The secondary is going to have to step up and play their best game Saturday.

I’m also interested to see how this game is going to be officiated this time. Especially after Danielson mentioned Smart sent the league office several complaints about our DBs holding Uga WRs.  I wonder how many holding penalties will be in this game.  

Personally, I didn’t see the same thing Smart saw.  I think Smart was being petty and just upset about the loss.

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Well now your post has no credibility 

Regardless of your feelings about Danielson, it is what it is.

I see a few things.

1) UGA won't make as many mistakes as they did the first time around.

2) Fully expect them to come out and run more hurry up like they did on the first drive at JHS.  Our defense looked confused by it.

3) Offensively for us, we need Stidham to win this one.  Even if Kerryon plays, I expect UGA to key on him and not let the running game go off.  Stidham will need to produce like last week in terms of creating 3rd down conversions and getting some key yards with his legs.

4) Think our defense may blitz a little more early in the game to try and throw Fromm off of his game, especially with a freshman now starting at guard for UGA.

The goal for AU has to be to get up early if possible.  Put some doubt in UGA's head (here we go again) and force them to play from behind, which they are not built to do.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I see a few things.

2) Fully expect them to come out and run more hurry up like they did on the first drive at JHS.  Our defense looked confused by it.

3) Offensively for us, we need Stidham to win this one.  Even if Kerryon plays, I expect UGA to key on him and not let the running game go off.  Stidham will need to produce like last week in terms of creating 3rd down conversions and getting some key yards with his legs.

4) Think our defense may blitz a little more early in the game to try and throw Fromm off of his game, especially with a freshman now starting at guard for UGA.

The goal for AU has to be to get up early if possible.  Put some doubt in UGA's head (here we go again) and force them to play from behind, which they are not built to do.

Bingo

I think KJ plays but will be limited.  I think the sideline runs, pass protection (blocking), and possibly the Wildcat on the goal line work will be all we get out of him.  I think if we need to eat the clock by running up the middle Kam Martin and Malik Miller can handle those. Barrett and Stove can handle any sweeps or outside runs.

I was worried more prior to the UA game but then Ryan Davis showed out and that gives us another option in stead of running so much.  Between the back up backs, Ryan Davis, Will Hastings, NCM, and Darius Slayton we should have enough offense to win the game.

4 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

I’m also interested to see how this game is going to be officiated this time. Especially after Danielson mentioned Smart sent the league office several complaints about our DBs holding Uga WRs.  I wonder how many holding penalties will be in this game.  

Personally, I didn’t see the same thing Smart saw.  I think Smart was being petty and just upset about the loss.

Smart was being petty...that's not smart at all!

4 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

Regardless of your feelings about Danielson, it is what it is.

Its easy to see these things from the press box...less so at ground level with 300 lb linemen breathing down your neck...just sayin.

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I see a few things.

1) UGA won't make as many mistakes as they did the first time around.  And neither will AU.

2) Fully expect them to come out and run more hurry up like they did on the first drive at JHS.  Our defense looked confused by it.  Not confused, defense was set to stop the run.

3) Offensively for us, we need Stidham to win this one.  Even if Kerryon plays, I expect UGA to key on him and not let the running game go off.  Stidham will need to produce like last week in terms of creating 3rd down conversions and getting some key yards with his legs.  I hope they do load the box to stop KJ...this means we eat them alive throwing the ball...see the surgeon, Dr. Stidham

4) Think our defense may blitz a little more early in the game to try and throw Fromm off of his game, especially with a freshman now starting at guard for UGA.  I hope so...

The goal for AU has to be to get up early if possible.  Put some doubt in UGA's head (here we go again) and force them to play from behind, which they are not built to do.   YES...YES...YES!

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Or they will make more because of the pressure to do better. It's not like they've had any extra time to prepare.

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

Our D always looks a little off until the settle in. Other schools have tried hurry up against us and all it ended up doing was wearing them out because they don't train for it like we do. My biggest concern would be if they throw in a lot of motion, which can trick us at times, but I don't know how they would have time to install it.

Stidham will obviously be a key as always, but the thing here is, our lines owned their lines. I don't see how, in 3 weeks, they can fix that, so our backs should still get plenty of yards.

Maybe... but again, if our line owns there's again, we may not need the blitz to get pressure on him.  Holland might just decide to live in their backfield from the first snap.

COMPLETELY agree. Every team we've demolished an opponent, we were able to get into their heads and once we were in their heads, they got desperate and made more and more mistakes. We go up by 2 scores, early, and they will start having flashbacks from 3 weeks ago and question themselves, then it will be over.

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

One of the Auburn's writers (Tom) made a good point about special teams. This game is in a dome so Carlson should be able to kick it through the end zone every time with wind not being a factor. 

Yes...Carlson has to provide that edge. The kickoffs have to be out of the back of the endzone.

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

Yes...Carlson has to provide that edge. The kickoffs have to be out of the back of the endzone.

He should be able to kick a 65 yard FG in the dome with no wind.  Would love to see it tomorrow. 

Archived