Please tell me this is true

selias

I'm telling you - Gus has been a completely different man since the JJ resignation broke. He is more relaxed, more confident, and much more happy! I'm glad to see it!

Gus letting everyone know who the real bada** is in the league. Got that swagger back. Love it! 

3 hours ago, selias said:

I shamelessly pulled this from Twitter. If this is true, I might consider buying a ticket on the Gus Bus

image.png

200 (2).gif

On 11/27/2017 at 4:40 PM, tbone1430 said:

Gus letting everyone know who the real bada** is in the league. Got that swagger back. Love it! 

I’m sure this has been mentioned. Did you guys notice Gus’s reaction after auburn stopped bama on 4th down after the penalty review?? Gus lost his mind and was so jacked . Looked like a man on a mission to kill and destroy teams 

31 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m sure this has been mentioned. Did you guys notice Gus’s reaction after auburn stopped bama on 4th down after the penalty review?? Gus lost his mind and was so jacked . Looked like a man on a mission to kill and destroy teams 

He's turning into the Gus we hired and not the Gus we got. I hope the trend continues.

Kirby is a cry baby. Anytime you go to the SEC and complain like he did about plays he though his players were treated unfairly is what a whining coach would do. Gus would not do this and would shake it off and have his players playing harder.  Gus is much meaner than Kirby, but in a really good way. I think we will see pedal to the metal even more than we have seen all season.  I think Gus wants to put an exclamation point on this season come Saturday.

Kirby and Dabbo could share a play pen! Just feeling a bit ornery tonight and think we all should take on a hard nosed approach like out coach is going to.

Probably not true; he did say at halftime of the Ironbowl: "I'm very confident of a victory"

We all know Gus is in lil nickie's head... So, who knows?

There is so much stuff flying around on the internet these days! Sports, political or what have you. It's hard to believe anything you don't personally see or hear. I can see Gus smiling and saying that, as a sort of compliment. Smart's response is questionable.

I assume "JGT" is Jay G. Tate of Rivals. That would be a credible source.

Tate has blocked me on Twitter for some unknown reason. Probably something I said. Not surprising, most of these sports "journalists" are more thin skinned than an onion.

Looking at the handshake, Gus leaned in to Kirby's ear and said something to Kirby, then pulled back and said something else, which easily could have been "I'll see you again in three weeks." Kirby appeared at a loss for words for about a half a second, reached and patted Gus's should and said something back to Gus, a couple of words at most, not enough to say "I'm going to tell Nick you said that", but enough to say "I'll tell Nick". Gus then provided a quick reply, which could have been "You do that."

I think this is true, and could very well have been good natured ribbing between the two. I could easily see Smart say "I'll tell Nick" in a laughing manner, rather than "I'm going to tell Nick you said that" in a tattle-tail manner.

Jay G. Tate reported it as being pretty factual.  Also, THIS is what I want Auburn to be.  Everyone in the conference hates us anyway.  Let's just go Four Horsemen style and embrace it.  "To be the man, you gotta beat the man, and baby, right now I'm the man!"

ric-flair-4-horsemen-woooooo.gif?w=650

42 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Jay G. Tate reported it as being pretty factual.  Also, THIS is what I want Auburn to be.  Everyone in the conference hates us anyway.  Let's just go Four Horsemen style and embrace it.  "To be the man, you gotta beat the man, and baby, right now I'm the man!"

ric-flair-4-horsemen-woooooo.gif?w=650

Agreed.  Just be the Detroit Pistons of the NCAA.  Back in my youth, everybody hated Lambeer and Mahorn and nobody gave Isaiah Thomas the respect he deserved.  Embrace the disdain for AU baby!  Don’t like us?  We don’t care!  Keep it in the family!  Seems like folks liked AU better as long as AU wasn’t a front runner.  Now that things look to be changing for the better and they’re a threat again, we ain’t so beloved by those around us, and I couldn’t care less!  If they haven’t earned folks respect after beating down UGA and owning Bama, well, that ain’t on AU!  WDE!

Archived