ValleyTiger

15 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I find it hard to believe that a grown man would basically say “I’m telling!”

6 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

word is that this is not true about the kirby/gus exchange

Ok, who debunked it then?

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I find it hard to believe that a grown man would basically say “I’m telling!”

lol, don't underestimate the snarkiness of a guy like Kirby. 

Regardless of the specifics of this story and whether or not any or all of it is true, just think about the conversation we are having. Like, we actually believe it might be true. And we are even discussing the fact that if it's not true, it's probably because of what the other coach said. The point stands. Gus has gone full alpha. He has quit trying to win with his brain and instead is winning by letting some of his other body parts do the coaching. Look at what is going on on our sidelines in these games. He's not just allowing it, he's condoning it. I love it. I freaking love it.

I like confident swagger!

I can’t stand cocky arrogance!

I like what Gus, the rest of the staff, and these players have been doing the last few weeks. 

As for the alleged exchange, I wouldn’t doubt that Gus said that. No way Kirby would say that in a “I’m telling my daddy on you” kind of a way. But it’s possible he said it in a smart@$$ retort kinda way like “Hey big boy, you gotta another game between now and then I️ don’t think you can handle” kinda way.  So I will say I’m skeptical, but it’s possible. 

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Coach just comfirmed this in his interview. holy crap.

Crap, I'm stuck at work. I assume the interview will be up on YT later?

1 minute ago, selias said:

Crap, I'm stuck at work. I assume the interview will be up on YT later?

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/12/kirby_smart_gus_malzahn_auburn.html

Kirby Smart says he didn't end up telling Nick Saban that Gus Malzahn said Auburn would be playing Georgia in Atlanta three weeks ago.

Georgia's coach confirmed Auburn's coach said "We'll see you in Atlanta" following the 40-17 Tigers win on the Plains on Nov. 11, to which he replied "I'll let Nick know you said that," and Malzahn replied "You do that."

"We were talking about it today when I saw him," Smart said Friday afternoon. "I said you held up your end of the bargain. He asked if I did, I told him I never did but, he held up his end of the bargain and they got back to Atlanta.

"I think Gus has done a tremendous job, I've said over and over, I think they're one of the hottest teams in college football. I've seen Gus teams, Gus offenses for a long time and have a lot of respect for the job he does. I don't think he gets enough credit, especially when he's got a quarterback-running back tandem and receiver tandem that he's got now."

I love his response to the reporter that asked about Arkansas. He was brief but basically called him out for asking the question a second time.  I interpreted as “stick it”?

Wow. How did he go from "I don't trust anyone on my talented team so I will play 12 different QBs" to this???

I love it.

27 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Who knew that LSU loss would be such a blessing? Guess Gus knew all along it wasn't the end of the world 

We used a loss to LSU  in 2013 to get us to the BCS Championship Game in the same way.

20 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I love his response to the reporter that asked about Arkansas. He was brief but basically called him out for asking the question a second time.  I interpreted as “stick it”?

It was AL.COM's Crapea that did that.  I don't think Gus likes him much .

28 minutes ago, saminbama said:

We used a loss to LSU  in 2013 to get us to the BCS Championship Game in the same way.

It is strange that they are the common denominator in the two seasons. If it takes an LSU loss to get us to the championship game then sign me up. I can accept a loss to them much easier than UGA and UAT. 

Archived