Scout.com Recruit Rankings to be Phased Out Of Composite Soon

ellitor

Per a tweet Shannon Terry sent me.

Here's the effect on AU commits & targets

COMMITS

QB Joey Gatewood will drop a bit. He was 89 overall on Scout, 107 on the composite.
WR Seth Williams will be marginal. He was 158 on Scout & 156 on the composite.
WR Matthew Hill will get a good bump. He was 248 on Scout & 161 on the composite.
DT Coynis Miller will drop a bit. He was 162 on Scout & 185 on the composite.
RB Asa Martin will drop a bit. He was 170 on Scout & 213 on the composite.
CB Christian Tutt well get a real good bump. He was 367 on Scout & 220 on the composite.
S Quindarious Monday will get a small bump. He was 245 on Scout & 225 on the composite
LB Michael Harris will get a good bump. He was 324 on Scout & 264 on the composite.
OLB-Buck Richard Jibunor will drop some. He was 247 on Scout & 290 on the composite.
APB Shaun "Worm" Shivers will get a significant bump. He was not in Scout's top 1000 ranked players but is 408 on the composite. He will go from a 3* to a 4*.
S Jamien Sherwood will get a significant bump. He was 901 on Scout & 418 on the composite. He should go from a 3 to 4* as well.
OG/C Jalil Irvin will get a very good bump. He was 716 on Scout & 426 on the composite.
DT Daquan looks like it will be a marginal move. He was 25 on Scout Juco & 24 on the composite Juco
WR Shedrick Jackson will make a significant move. He was not in the top 1000 for Scout & is 479 on the composite.
OG Kameron Stuts will have a good sized drop. He was 382 on Scout & 485 on the composite.
S Kolbi Fuqua will have a good move up. He was 935 on the composite & 563 on the composite.
S-Star Josh Marsh looks to have a significant drop. He was 580 on Scout & not on a rank order for the composite.

Targets

WR Justyn Ross will drop some. He was 19 on Scout & 47 on the composite.
WR Anthony Schwartz will get a bump. He was 229 on Scout & 171 on the composite.
TE Luke Ford will get a bump. He was 79 on Scout & 48 on the composite.
TE Tyneil Hopper will get a small bump. He was 547 on Scout & 495 on the composite.
OG Trey Hill will get a bump. He was 59 on Scout & 34 on the composite. He should go from a 4 to a 5*.
OG Tank Jenkins. He will drop some. He was 244 on Scout & 285 on the composite.
OT Dylan Wonnum will drop. He was 44 on Scout & 92 on the composite.
OT Jerome Carvin will have a slight drop. He was 363 on Scout & 380 on the composite.
OT Richard Gouraidge will get a bump up. He was 156 on Scout & 106 on the composite.
Juco OT Badara Traore  He was the #1 Juco OT on both Scout & the composite so he may not move much.
DT Andres Fox will get a big bump. He was 770 on Scout & 355 on the composite. He will go from a 3 to a 4*.
SDE Kayode Oladele will get a massive bump. He was 967 on Scout &  382 on the composite. He will go from a 3 to a 4*.
LB Zakoby McClain will get a massive bump. He was not in the top 1000 for Scout but was in 240 on the composite.
LB Channing Tindall Will get a good bump. He was 205 on Scout & 121 on the composite.
LB Quay Walker will get a bump. He was 151 on Scout & 126 on the composite.

Just now, lkeel75 said:

Why are they dropping Scout from the composite?

247 Bought Scout 8-10 months ago. What's left of Scout is stopping rankings all together.

5 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

E - do you know when this change will take effect?

Nope. I just asked Shannon Terry soon & he said yep.

30 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Scouts should alt least complete this SR class recruiting cycle.  

Hey now. We would get a boost overall in this class if they drop before February so I say go ahead and drop.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hey now. We would get a boost overall in this class if they drop before February so I say go ahead and drop.

Doesn’t matter to me where we finish as long as garner and Gus want them I’m good with their decision making on quality of player

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Doesn’t matter to me where we finish as long as garner and Gus want them I’m good with their decision making on quality of player

Same but I always like the numbers to look better if they can. Besides Scout does, & always has, sucked.

On November 28, 2017 at 9:34 PM, ellitor said:

Same but I always like the numbers to look better if they can. Besides Scout does, & always has, sucked.

So AU I beleive is in the top 10 now in scout rankings,.  Where do we rank on the composite?  Where might we rank after scouts is dropped ?

35 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

So AU I beleive is in the top 10 now in scout rankings,.

9th actually.

36 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Where do we rank on the composite?

10th

36 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Where might we rank after scouts is dropped ?

No clue. I would have to have rankings info. on every site for about 2000 players then average everything up for every player then put it to each team. That would take days if not a week or more.

And even though we have a higher team ranking on Scout, because of their system we would still get a boost in player commit rankings & maybe team too..

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Looks like scout was removed @ellitor  AU up to #9 overall.  Avg player rating up to 90.33

Thanks Jay! They have & I will break it down the effects off Scout being dropped.

Per recruit score average went from 11th to 8th in the nation.

Commits

Joey drops from 107 overall to 117 & from #2 ATH to #4 ATH.
Matthew Hill moves up from 161 to 135
Zakoby McClain up from 240 to 147
Coynis Miller up from 185 to 166
Seth William dropped from 156 to 169
Christian Tutt up from 220 to 210
Quindarious Monday up from 245 to 220
Asa Martin drop from 213 to 241
Michael Harris drop from 266 to 264
Richard Jibunor drop from 290 to 299
Shaun Shivers up from 408 to 328 & from a 3 to a 4*.
Jamien Sherwood up from 418 to 338 & a 3 to a 4*
Jalil Irvin up from 426 to 345 & a 3 to a 4*
Daquan move up a good bit & is now only a few points from being a 4*
Shedrick Jackson up from 479 to 420 & a lot closer to being a 4*
Kolbi Fuqua up from 563 to 534
Kameron stuts dropped from 485 to 761
Josh Marsh did not move much

Targets

Justyn Ross dropped from 47 to 57
Anthony Scwartz is up from 171 to 157
Luke Ford up from 48 to 43
Tyneil Hopper up from 495 to 441
Trey Hill up from 34 to 33. Stays a 4*
Tank Hill dropped from 285 to 298
Dylan Wonnum dropped from 92 to 115
Jerome Carvin has a major drop from 380 to 484
Richard Gouraige up from 106 to 91
Badara Traore didn't move much
Andres Fox up from 355 to 274 & a 3 to a 4*
Kayode Oladele up from 382 to 300 & from a 3 to a 4*
Channing Tindall up from 121 to 94
Quay Walker up from 126 to 122.

Along with dropping Scout from the composite it looks like 247 made some rankings changes themselves that altered expected moves.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thanks Jay! They have & I will break it down the effects off Scout being dropped.

Per recruit score average went from 11th to 8th in the nation.

Commits

Joey drops from 107 overall to 117 & from #2 ATH to #4 ATH.
Matthew Hill moves up from 161 to 135
Zakoby McClain up from 240 to 147
Coynis Miller up from 185 to 166
Seth William dropped from 156 to 169
Christian Tutt up from 220 to 210
Quindarious Monday up from 245 to 220
Asa Martin drop from 213 to 241
Michael Harris drop from 266 to 264
Richard Jibunor drop from 290 to 299
Shaun Shivers up from 408 to 328 & from a 3 to a 4*.
Jamien Sherwood up from 418 to 338 & a 3 to a 4*
Jalil Irvin up from 426 to 345 & a 3 to a 4*
Daquan move up a good bit & is now only a few points from being a 4*
Shedrick Jackson up from 479 to 420 & a lot closer to being a 4*
Kolbi Fuqua up from 563 to 534
Kameron stuts dropped from 485 to 761
Josh Marsh did not move much

Targets

Justyn Ross dropped from 47 to 57
Anthony Scwartz is up from 171 to 157
Luke Ford up from 48 to 43
Tyneil Hopper up from 495 to 441
Trey Hill up from 34 to 33. Stays a 4*
Tank Hill dropped from 285 to 298
Dylan Wonnum dropped from 92 to 115
Jerome Carvin has a major drop from 380 to 484
Richard Gouraige up from 106 to 91
Badara Traore didn't move much
Andres Fox up from 355 to 274 & a 3 to a 4*
Kayode Oladele up from 382 to 300 & from a 3 to a 4*
Channing Tindall up from 121 to 94
Quay Walker up from 126 to 122.

Along with dropping Scout from the composite it looks like 247 made some rankings changes themselves that altered expected moves.

In my opinion looks about right but Jalil Irvin might be the most underrated player we have committed right now.  I know he's a 4 star but he's still a low low 4.  I'd rank him around a 92.5 - 93.0

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, corchjay said:

My view also......I know there are lots of folks who value the relative rankings but I'm assuming that unless something happened during the most recent season to de-value one of our recruits that our list of commitment will mostly remain the same.

I do worry a bit about some early commitments "peaking out" in the junior years and having other prospects move by them....and yet AU still has their commitment.  

So...without considering the shuffle of rankings that E so nicely described, are there any indications that AU might have a change of heart about some guys who we offered before the recent season concluded...who might no longer be wanted?  .  

30 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So...without considering the shuffle of rankings that E so nicely described, are there any indications that AU might have a change of heart about some guys who we offered before the recent season concluded...who might no longer be wanted?  .  

We have never, to my knowledge, "pulled" a committable offer. There have been a few cases where mutual dis-interest set in and the kid went elsewhere but there doesn't seem to be any of that this time. My feeling is that the coaches are hoping every single guy that's committed goes ahead and signs with Auburn. We do have several that really excelled this year and now other schools are getting heavy after them. Lets hope they stand firm!

Just now, Mikey said:

We have never, to my knowledge, "pulled" a committable offer. There have been a few cases where mutual dis-interest set in and the kid went elsewhere but there doesn't seem to be any of that this time. My feeling is that the coaches are hoping every single guy that's committed goes ahead and signs with Auburn. We do have several that really excelled this year and now other schools are getting heavy after them. Lets hope they stand firm!

Thanks.....I understand AU does not pull offers but the benign neglect approach might come about...though it looks like most of our commits have increased their standing.

Also curious if considering the projected losses this year if there are any glaring  positions where we have not gotten an answer from the HS commits and might need a quick Juco fix ? 

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

are there any indications that AU might have a change of heart about some guys who we offered before the recent season concluded...who might no longer be wanted?

None right now.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

We have never, to my knowledge, "pulled" a committable offer.

For a committed player nope. FWIW Dee Liner & Josh Casher immediately did have their offers pulled after playing games. They had already decommitted though.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

.I understand AU does not pull offers but the benign neglect approach might come about...though it looks like most of our commits have increased their standing.

At most schools that only happens if there is staff turnover & the recruit doesn't the new HC's or coordinator's style.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Also curious if considering the projected losses this year if there are any glaring  positions where we have not gotten an answer from the HS commits and might need a quick Juco fix ? 

OT & maybe CB.

Pay no attention to 247 click bait

Archived