A Bama fan visits Auburn ...

RunInRed

6 hours ago, luree freemon said:

ive been a Bama fan my whole life. i was born into it .but married into a auburn family  my husband and son are some of the biggest fans around .i go to all auburns games  with them and love every minute of it. but this was our first iron bowl  .i went with my bama gear on and my mouth ready .but if you could see my long post on facebook youd see i totally agree with this post .i was so disappointed in first that their was hardly any alabama fans supporting their team  2nd that every auburn fan we passed said war eagle to my husband and son .and of all the bama fans i said roll tide too only a few said it back most looked at me like i was crazy .there was no school spirit at all  i even sat right by alabamas band and they didnt even seem to have spirit .as we watched game we was surrounded by both bama and auburn fans  .the auburn fans was so pumped up but the bama fans all just pretty much set there .i love nick saban and alabama football but i do believe auburn pushed harder because they had so many cheering them on .i felt the same way alittle jealous   because as many times as ive been to jordan hare ive never met one hateful person its truly like one big family it dont matter about color finances  whether your heavy or skinny young or old they all welcome you and treat you right and just as was said earlier the only smarting off we heard in the 2 days we were there was a bama fan trying to start trouble .glad im not the only one that all of this stood out too  ,still love bama but i will be cheering auburn on in the bowl game 

Thanks for coming here and offering the kind words, luree.   We want our Tigers home field to be intimidating and an advantage for them, but we don't want anyone from the other teams to feel personally unsafe or mistreated.  I'm glad you had a good experience at JH.

I think you get a few fans here and there that go into a rival's stadium, surrounded by rival fans and feel pride in acting obnoxious. Like some sort of deranged badge of honor.  Most are pretty cool if they realize why they are attending in the first place...to cheer on your team, watch some great games and experience some of the coolest venues and college campuses in the country...all while understanding that's what your rival fans are there to do as well. 

I know I'm biased, and I admit I haven't been to a ton of different stadiums. (some are on the bucket list)  I wish I would have been able to make the game the other night, but you could tell, and hear it from the announcers, that there isn't a better place to watch a game on a Fall Saturday evening than Jordan-Hare stadium. Turns out, it's not the easiest place to come in and leave with a victory if you're a top ranked team either. Ask Saban and Meyer.  Our fans make a difference. 

20 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Auburn's foundation is built on solid rock

uat cult is built on sand

More red clay, but

there's an underlying shale layer that outcrops in spots.

Nice to read posts like this.  I like the fact that he specifically mention how friendly and non-hostile AU fans were to him.  

I've been to several away stadiums and have had good and bad experiences at most of those (Legion Field being the worst), so I can appreciate his acknowledgement for how well he was treated at JH.

18 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I pulled his profile pic and added it to the post, just to clarify.

Glad you did that, because I am all Auburn and couldn't have described the gameday atmoshpere in Auburn any better than that. 

On 11/27/2017 at 8:43 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

. As he was leaving, we told him that it wasn't too late to change schools. :Sing:

I find your statement very interesting, you waited till he was leaving. I can't tell you how many times the first thing I've heard out of a bammer's mouth is I went to the wrong school. 

56 minutes ago, CullmanTiger said:

I find your statement very interesting, you waited till he was leaving. I can't tell you how many times the first thing I've heard out of a bammer's mouth is I went to the wrong school. 

I usually say, “I hope you make better decisions later on in life.”  It takes awhile for that statement to sink in.

4 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I didn't want to insult him. He was a nice kid and things were going very poorly for him during the game. 

I would expect that type of comment from you as you are always thinking of someone’s feelings.  Me on the other hand......:zapbama:   

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Well, just ask me how well I treated the Clemson fan in front of me last year. :realmad: My husband had to intervene and hold me back! A little embarrassing.  

Can't be so bad if you're admitting it now, spill.  :poke:

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Well, just ask me how well I treated the Clemson fan in front of me last year. :realmad: My husband had to intervene and hold me back! A little embarrassing.  

Never feel embarrassed about mashing a tater. They are like bammers, but without all of the made-up championships. 

I just let a little punk college kid get under my skin and he knew it, so he kept looking over his shoulder and smirking at me.  I told him to shut up and sit down and called him a jerk.  He actually turned around and got real close in my face. My husband got between us and told him he better back off.  But really, he probably wasn't all that bad.  I was already irritated with the game.  But geez, I am a middle aged lady and he wants a fight??? Ridiculous!!

On 11/27/2017 at 8:38 PM, DKW 86 said:

Inside the stadium was LOUD. Jordan-Hare holds 15k fewer fans than Bryant Denny, but is 3x as loud. 

That is my take as well.

Awesome job!

Kinda makes you wonder just how loud JHS will get if (when) it eventually expands to the 100,000 seat range. :yay:

I have to say I've been to Bryant Denny many times. All memorable.

My all time fav was eating lunch with Mal, Kenny and Eli. Let me tell you, Snake was a hoot! Mal was a class act. Eli just ate a lot. ;D

Mal went out of his way to insure a great game day experience. 50 yard line in a luxury box ain't bad. LOL. 

Having stated that, it can never match our game day experience. Something about family. :wareagle:

10 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I have to say I've been to Bryant Denny many times. All memorable.

My all time fav was eating lunch with Mal, Kenny and Eli. Let me tell you, Snake was a hoot! Mal was a class act. Eli just ate a lot. ;D

Mal went out of his way to insure a great game day experience. 50 yard line in a luxury box ain't bad. LOL. 

Having stated that, it can never match our game day experience. Something about family. :wareagle:

Heard from a buddy who waited tables in TTown that Eli ate free, was a bit of a pig, and never tipped. 

Archived