SECCG Auburn v. Georgia Round 2 Score Predictions

Zeek

What say you?

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think, without any doubt, we're the better team. I think that Alabama is definitely better than Georgia (Hurts > Fromm, Bama D > Georgia D, Bama RBs = Georgia RBs).

My only concerns:

1. Kerryon being out, if he is.

2. The big plays they legitimately just dropped last time.

3. "Revenge" games can be tricky. It's hard for an Auburn team, who dominated Georgia so handedly, to get as hyped up as a Georgia team that was embarrassed. I'm sure the thUGA players think all of the miscues are what lead to their defeat.

4. Turtling - we went conservative against Bama with over 9 minutes left. I hope we keep the pressure on in this game. Gus has a good track record of pouring it on teams in the SEC Championship Game though! (59 pts against Mizzou, 56 against South Carolina.

I think this will be a closer game but one that still remains under control. Georgia breaks a big play on us and has one long physical drive for a score right before half time.

Auburn 28 - Georgia 14

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man this is a tough one. I personally think UGA may be better then bama this year. That would have been a good match up had we not blew it up :). 

I'm going with 28 - 24 AU. I think this will be a very close game. Last one would have been without all the UGA mistakes. But we still out worked them in the trenches during the last game and i see no reason why that should change this go around. I'm a little concerned about the players getting up for a team they beat just 3 weeks ago but hopefully the years of loses we have had against UGA keeps that from happening. If Kerryon can't go then Stidham will have to have his best game to date for us to win. 

Revenge will carry them through the 1st quarter, then reality will set in, again.  Too much Defense for the leghumpers to overcome and not enough to stop our Offense, which will come at them from every angle this week.  Game will be closer than last time, though.

AU - 27

UGA - 17

Second time around, Auburn has been very good (vs SC in 2010 and TN in 2004). I say that our defense plays another great game, and our offense is a little more sluggish. 

I'll take the good guys with a 27-17 victory. If KJ is healthy, we will score a lot more. Gus tends to be lethal on turf. 

War Eagle!

I think UGA comes in with a different mindset than last time which will limit their mistakes, AU not having the crowd noise advantage, and AU's injuries will affect the outcome of the game. All this to say that I think AU wins a close one because of the defense.

AU - 28

thUGA- 24

15 minutes ago, Wrights_Mill_Road said:

our lines destroyed uga to the point of embarrassment last game.  no adjustments are going to fix that.  uga's only score is from a returned kick or punt.

AU - 42

UGA - 7

If kerryon plays you are correct. If not it’ll be closer 27-17 type score. I think we intimidated them. If we keep the intensity up we’ll break them down again. 

This time at a neutral field it is much closer. Our lines still control them but they hit a few more big plays, maybe even a special teams TD. The offense keeps rolling though. 30-20 good guys. 

Georgia got dumpster points in the last game.. but we could spare them the extra 7. I do however expect for them to have a better output on the offensive side this game.

Now with the status of KJ unknown, I’m not sure if it really makes that much of a difference not having him. We have a huge offensive weapon in Ryan Davis. The utilization of him in the Iron Bowl was immaculate; it was almost impossible to defend him. Our defense had some oopsies against UGA round 1, but they weren’t able to take advantage. I expect for our defensive errors to trim down much like they were in the Iron Bowl. 

With KJ playing..

Auburn 42 - UGA 21

Without KJ playing..

Auburn 35 - UGA 21

I think this game will be much, much tougher. Uga now knows where they are deficient and will combat that in a variety of ways. KJ is hurt, and that is a big problem. This AU team is incredibly special but we have had to play two #1 teams and now the #5 team 3 times in 4 weeks. We have been playing out of our minds, and we have been at home. We are now leaving JH and that has been an issue this year against good teams. I think we will see an AU team that will start slow and will have to fight through some adversity this weekend to win. We may even be down at halftime as Uga will be playing with a ton of emotion. But...

I think we show resilience and fight back in the second half. In the end I don't think either team will score 30 and I think we win by 3 pts or less, maybe in the last minute of the game. I think it will be a classic and we will all need a pacemaker after the game. 

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think this game will be much, much tougher. Uga now knows where they are deficient and will combat that in a variety of ways. KJ is hurt, and that is a big problem. This AU team is incredibly special but we have had to play two #1 teams and now the #5 team 3 times in 4 weeks. We have been playing out of our minds, and we have been at home. We are now leaving JH and that has been an issue this year against good teams. I think we will see an AU team that will start slow and will have to fight through some adversity this weekend to win. We may even be down at halftime as Uga will be playing with a ton of emotion. But...

I think we show resilience and fight back in the second half. In the end I don't think either team will score 30 and I think we win by 3 pts or less, maybe in the last minute of the game. I think it will be a classic and we will all need a pacemaker after the game. 

I also believe UGA will play much better this go-around. I am in lock-step with your assessment.

12 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

That dome is loud as hell. Both offenses will feel like they're playing on the road and both defenses will feel like they're playing at home. HUGE difference between that and playing in JHS, and it won't be like 2013 when the Mizzoo folks stayed home and it was basically an Auburn home game. 

Agreed about KJ, too. I'm absolutely sick over that. Even if he plays, it's hard to imagine him being at 100%. Really looking forward to going a whole season some day without having to play these bastards with one hand tied behind our back.

I hate re-matches. Ga is better than the score indicated the last game. Revenge is a great motivator. It is going to be a good game. Our team is confident, they believe and they are playing together. I worry though because Ga will be hungry and very talented. If we come up short I will not be surprised but...

Auburn 27

Georgia 20

War Eagle!

Anger can be a good motivator. Revenge can be a good motivator, but look at other teams around the conference. Vandy is angry and wants revenge for losing. Tennessee is angry and wants revenge for losing a lot. I'm sure Ole Miss is angry and wants revenge on Alabama for beating them 66-3. Those teams would not be successful in their quest for revenge, however.

Our guys are just as hungry. Just because UGA's offensive line is hungry to dominate our defensive line does not mean they will. Just because Jake Fromm is hungry to be an elite quarterback against the best pass defense and pass rush he's seen all season doesn't mean he will be. Just because UGA's running backs are hungry to run for 200 yards a piece doesn't mean they will. We've got a dang good football team.

33-17 AU

Let's not forget guys...just like Saban, Kirby can't beat a good Auburn team either. I mean he's sending video clips to the SEC office on holding plays for review?. He's scared, I feel it. The type of asswhipping we gave them ingrains deep and I don't think they're going to come in all that confident. Sure, they're pissed and have revenge on the brain but that will all go away once we start getting after them. Mark my words. WDE

Archived