SECCG Auburn v. Georgia Round 2 Score Predictions

Zeek

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That dome is loud as hell. Both offenses will feel like they're playing on the road and both defenses will feel like they're playing at home. HUGE difference between that and playing in JHS, and it won't be like 2013 when the Mizzoo folks stayed home and it was basically an Auburn home game. 

Agreed about KJ, too. I'm absolutely sick over that. Even if he plays, it's hard to imagine him being at 100%. Really looking forward to going a whole season some day without having to play these bastards with one hand tied behind our back.

The more I think about it, the more I think we'll score higher than we did before.  The weaknesses Gus/Chip have found they will continue to exploit in more devious and creative ways than before.  I see lots of deep passes and screens.   I think UGA will score more as well.  A mizzou repeat would not surprise me at all.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31-24 AU - no cakewalk this time.  UGA is highly unlikely to make as many mistakes or have as many costly penalties as they did in JHS.  Our will have to play at the same level and our O is going to have to continue to be diverse (especially with KJ hurt).

wde

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

A mizzou repeat would not surprise me at all.

Actually this is the one thing that would surprise me. Our defense has been fantastic. We may get beat. We may win. But if our defense gives a ton of points (like more than 28) I will be shocked. 

We're going to exploit them even more this time around. Our defense is hungry no matter who we play or how many times we have to play them. They show up and show out. They just want it more. "Our time."

45-13 Auburn

13 hours ago, Zeek said:

What say you?

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think, without any doubt, we're the better team. I think that Alabama is definitely better than Georgia (Hurts > Fromm, Bama D > Georgia D, Bama RBs = Georgia RBs).

My only concerns:

1. Kerryon being out, if he is.

2. The big plays they legitimately just dropped last time.

3. "Revenge" games can be tricky. It's hard for an Auburn team, who dominated Georgia so handedly, to get as hyped up as a Georgia team that was embarrassed. I'm sure the thUGA players think all of the miscues are what lead to their defeat.

4. Turtling - we went conservative against Bama with over 9 minutes left. I hope we keep the pressure on in this game. Gus has a good track record of pouring it on teams in the SEC Championship Game though! (59 pts against Mizzou, 56 against South Carolina.

I think this will be a closer game but one that still remains under control. Georgia breaks a big play on us and has one long physical drive for a score right before half time.

Auburn 28 - Georgia 14

Hype and/or motivation will not be a factor. Our players had the Our time mission since before the season. Seniors want to go out with a bang. You can't hype our team more. They know what's at stake and are leaving everything out on that field and not stopping until the clock goes to zero and they're holding the NC trophy Jan.8.

I'm having a difficult time coming up with even a guess at the score of this game.  The uncertainty regarding KJ's status is a big part of that. Regardless, I see a closer game than the whuppin' our Tigers laid on the dawgs in Jordan-Hare.

With KJ available, my WAG is AU 31, UGA 24. 

I am not going to predict a score as I am superstitious.  I will say though that we need to watch out for two things:

1.  This will be essentially a home game for Georgia.  They had a few weeks to buy up all of the tickets, and when we knew Auburn was going for sure, the tickets were already at $500 each.

2.  Georgia will be extremely focused.  They are the ones chasing this time, and we are the ones defending.  Not to say we will, but I remember the ULM game was a slump after our big win.  We just had another big win, so we need to retain our focus.

I am still very confident in our boys, as I have been all season.  Man, it sure feels good being #2 in the country!

Tend to think that this is going to be a big time last minute drive the field for victory game. For both teams.  I’m happy where we sit and am very grateful but this game terrifies me the closer we get to Saturday!!  Does anyone else feel this way?

AU-27

UGA-23

10 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Hype and/or motivation will not be a factor. Our players had the Our time mission since before the season. Seniors want to go out with a bang. You can't hype our team more. They know what's at stake and are leaving everything out on that field and not stopping until the clock goes to zero and they're holding the NC trophy Jan.8.

This - And they have +1

And our offensive performance has been stellar in the SECC 2010 and 2013.

GA guy hit me with the "your RB is damaged and we're going to eat you alive." Me- maybe, but we have depth at RB - you just haven't seen them.  Do you really want our oline cracking open lanes for a next set of fresh RB's which you have no or very little meaningful film?  What's their profile, when do they cut? Or accelerate? Or spin?  Can they throw?  What's the best angle for tackle?  I guess if we line up a few new guys your D can get some on the job training.  I have no idea how that turns out but it'll sure be interesting. 

I doubt dawg fans bought up all the tickets ...they thought they were going to play bama and what dawg fan wanted to watch bama drag the field with them like they have done to recent east division schools ?.     

I'm betting that AU will be well represented at the game....and if noise is a factor it will affect both teams.  

As for mistakes.....guess some folks have forgotten the AU mistakes....busted pass defenses for one thing and poor special teams... So maybe....if UGa is not going to make the same mistakes.....we will see that AU won't have the same breakdowns either. 

24-23 Auburn

UGA had a bunch of things bounce the wrong way the first time: 2 sure Tds dropped, fumbled punt, and punt penalty.  If UGA doesn’t beat itself this could go down to the wire.

My main concern for this game was motivation due to the fact that the team is probably emotionally and physically spent.  However, the way the media and opposing fans have been portraying Auburn should serve as all the motivation they need. With them being ranked No. 2 I sort of felt as if GA would be the underdogs but honestly it seems like the only people giving this team enough credit is us and the committee. All I keep hearing is how bad GA and Bama played against Auburn and how that was basically the reason they lost to Auburn. Seems to me people think Auburn didn’t win anything this past month but instead other teams just lost.   I love playing as the underdog and I hope Auburn uses that as motivation. Yes GA made mistakes but you don’t lose to a team 40-17 based on mistakes. Let’s not forget that 7 of that was in garbage time and the real score was more like 40-10. Adding the two dropped touchdowns to GA’s score still has them at 40-24. That’s also including THREE scoring drives that ended in FG’s at the beginning of the game before we really found a rhythm on offense. I’m not saying we’re going to win, I myself am nervous as hell, but I’m not going to say that Georgia playing a “perfect” game still beats us. Our guys are hungry and our team is good.  I do think it’ll be a closer game but if we win, we’re in. Even with a GA win Satuday this team has proved more than them. They played GA Tech last week, we played number one Alabama. Auburn is peobably exhausted but I’ve got faith in our guys. 

War Eagle! 

On 11/29/2017 at 10:01 AM, Brad_ATX said:

Feels like the 2004 SEC Title game.  We drubbed Tennessee in the regular season, but had a fight on our hands in Atlanta.

AU - 31

UGA - 21

I was just about to post something similar. UT that year was a good team that we beat hell out of early, they talked a bunch of smack, and while it was closer the SECCG was never much in doubt. Won’t predict a score but agree the scenarios are alike...

Archived