Is there a chance we lose Lindsey

Timeslider 6

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

Were these same words not repeatedly said about the HC that everyone wants to keep at AU now?  Gus took a gig at a secondary type school for a year and then became a P5 HC.  Can't fault a guy for bettering his situation.

Not saying he is leaving or not.  I have no idea what he wants to do.  But I hope he stays!

Gus had a combined 6 years of collegiate OC experience (Arky, Tulsa & AU) before he became the HC at Arky State.  Lindsey has a combined 3 years:  2 at Ariz St & now 1 at AU.  I could never fault him for aspiring to be a HC either.  It's just that he has a great gig here at AU which, if he's a little bit more patient, could translate into a better HC position than South Alabama.  That's all I'm saying. 

I sure hope we don't lose either Lindsey or Steele. Gus should do everything in his power to keep them because they saved his arse. 

5 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Gus had a combined 6 years of collegiate OC experience (Arky, Tulsa & AU) before he became the HC at Arky State.  Lindsey has a combined 3 years:  2 at Ariz St & now 1 at AU.  I could never fault him for aspiring to be a HC either.  It's just that he has a great gig here at AU which, if he's a little bit more patient, could translate into a better HC position than South Alabama.  That's all I'm saying. 

I am pretty sure he was at Southern Miss before Ariz St.  I know he has not been an OC as long as CGM but just saying that many were comparing CGM to high school coach a few weeks ago and now they are swooning.  Kind of the same with CCL.  Many were saying his high school offense wouldn't work and now they want to give him a raise to keep him

30 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

His record as a HC was beyond terrible. I think he retires, or comes as close as he can, at AU. 

Yes he won’t leave for another assistant position. 

1 hour ago, Timeslider 6 said:

No you aren't the only. I think you are right, we may have a harder time holding onto Steele. Right now lots on teams are looking for a proven coach, even though his head coaching record is terrible, he may still get a chance. 

He wants to stay in the state so that really limits his possibilities.

10 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I am pretty sure he was at Southern Miss before Ariz St.  I know he has not been an OC as long as CGM but just saying that many were comparing CGM to high school coach a few weeks ago and now they are swooning.  Kind of the same with CCL.  Many were saying his high school offense wouldn't work and now they want to give him a raise to keep him

You're right.  Lindsey was OC as S. Miss for 2 years before his 1 year at Ariz St.  So, he has a combined 4 years as a collegiate OC.  

Archived