Coaching Stability

AUpreacherman22

You two!! @bigbird and @augolf1716 almost make me forget I just got two new students in the last five days and the retraining process is INTENSE...needed to laugh!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

You two!! @bigbird and @augolf1716 almost make me forget I just got two new students in the last five days and the retraining process is INTENSE...needed to laugh!

Always here for you, TG.  Golf, on the other hand, is spreading rumors that you kick kittens and colluded with Russia.

Do whatever is takes to keep our assistants.  People are already trying to poach Lindsey and Steele. 

OMG...I do!!  How did he KNOW???? :Sing:

P.S. Our kitten did this. #bedwithoutsupper

20170930_100448.jpg

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

OL, safety and kicker for me. Dunn, Golson, Smith, Matthews, Roberts, Carlson... yeesh. 

Going to miss Tre Williams quite a bit, but it's been a blessing in disguise- speaking *strictly* of the future- that we haven't gotten 100% of him in half a season. 

Isn’t Carlson’s brother comparable to him in talent? Our secondary is gonna take a while to bounce back but I never worry about Auburn and kickers imo 

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Always here for you, TG.  Golf, on the other hand, is spreading rumors that you kick kittens and colluded with Russia.

I never said she kick kitten............the Russians well that's another story

6 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

4 teams in the SEC West will have 1st year coaches next year!!!  LSU will have a 2nd year Ogre. 

CGM will be in year 6  (and 12 for nikky satan)   We have a real opportunity to further separate ourselves from the pack and make this “winner-take-all Iron Bowl” an annual thing. 

Thoughts?

You are exactly right. Its AU, Bama and UGA as the only real threats to make the playoff going into 2018.

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

You are exactly right. Its AU, Bama and UGA as the only real threats to make the playoff going into 2018.

I wouldn’t say that. LSU has entered the Shea Patterson race and USC was only 14 points below UGA without Deebo Samuel or Rico Dowdle. Those two teams are gonna be dangerous 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I wouldn’t say that. LSU has entered the Shea Patterson race and USC was only 14 points below UGA without Deebo Samuel or Rico Dowdle. Those two teams are gonna be dangerous 

If you want to write a paper on why USc is going to be playoff-worthy I will read it with an open mind. That shellacking by Clemson does not support the case though.

And Orgeron in the playoffs? Doubt that happens anytime soon.

I don't think KJ jumps. Why? Well, Barkley, Love, Guice, Chubb, Michel -- all probably ahead of him, and NFL has not exactly been drafting RBs high as it is.

Biggest challenge -- OL by far (and then DB). Fact -- if you cannot win the line of scrimmage, you cannot win the toughest games. And Auburn is losing 4 seniors, including Golson and Braden Smith.

Also, OMG, Carlson graduates! Has any one player been more clutch than Carlson, year after year?

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

dummy 

Portishead's great 1994 debut album.  Not sure what it has to do with AU football, but always nice to find another fan. ;) 

2 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

If you want to write a paper on why USc is going to be playoff-worthy I will read it with an open mind. That shellacking by Clemson does not support the case though.

And Orgeron in the playoffs? Doubt that happens anytime soon.

IDK if Samuel is coming back, but him and Dowdle were top 5 positional players in this conference. Hell Samuel was a top 5 receiver prospect PERIOD. Missing those two isn't something you can just get past mid season, especially for USC who's still in the development process recruiting wise. You're severely underrating Muschamp's recruiting prowess. They're like 2 games away from making the SEC CG with this busted offensive group this season. As an Auburn fan, you see how anemic our offense was when Duke left and we didn't have Jovon yet in 2015. Did alot worse than they did 

Orgeron took the initiative to not control the team anymore after the Troy game. Matt Canada is a very respectable play caller and made Etling into a pretty solid QB this season. The defense is gonna always be there, as well as the RBs and WRs, but if they get Shea Patterson? I don't even know how anyone can doubt how much of a problem that is. Shea is frankly a gamebreaker and balled this year with a stripped down OM. 

1 hour ago, AURex said:

I don't think KJ jumps. Why? Well, Barkley, Love, Guice, Chubb, Michel -- all probably ahead of him, and NFL has not exactly been drafting RBs high as it is.

Biggest challenge -- OL by far (and then DB). Fact -- if you cannot win the line of scrimmage, you cannot win the toughest games. And Auburn is losing 4 seniors, including Golson and Braden Smith.

Also, OMG, Carlson graduates! Has any one player been more clutch than Carlson, year after year?

My problem w people saying KJ should return, if this train continues, what reason does he have to come back? Taking away personal accomplishments, Its been a stacked RB graduating year every year for a few years now. KJ's been affected by pretty serious injuries 3 years out of 3 years now here. If he can get an Alvin Kamara grade, which should be within reason here, it's bad business to risk himself again. 

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

My problem w people saying KJ should return, if this train continues, what reason does he have to come back? Taking away personal accomplishments, Its been a stacked RB graduating year every year for a few years now. KJ's been affected by pretty serious injuries 3 years out of 3 years now here. If he can get an Alvin Kamara grade, which should be within reason here, it's bad business to risk himself again. 

I agree. RBs have a short shelf life in the NFL anyway.  KJ has been beat up for 3 years already.

For his sake I hope he gets a good grade, gets drafted early, and represents AU well in the pros.  As much as I would love to see him back here next year, it’s not in his best interest.  

11 hours ago, AURex said:

Oh, yes.  Someone has been more, clutch according to Gary Danielson, and that would be Jalen Hurts. I saw/heard it on Saturday. :poke:  

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Oh, yes.  Someone has been more, clutch according to Gary Danielson, and that would be Jalen Hurts. I saw heard it on Saturday. :poke:  

I thought Jalen Hurts was Cam Newton.  Confused...:dunno:

If KJ makes the jump we have several young guys behind him. They are not KJ but good backs. By the way we also have a pre-season All-SEC back sitting there saying "Have you guys forgot about me?".  I can't wait to see the two of them healthy and in the back field together hopefully in two playoff games. 

On 11/28/2017 at 9:05 PM, ToraGirl said:

Yikes! THAT is not fun, especially right before Christmas and the super full moon on Dec. 4th and 5th. :slapfh:

12 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

If KJ stays he is an idiot. He will make big bucks by leaving. Gus has shown to ride and abuse just a handful of players on offense. If KJ stays, it may ruin his future. 

Lol

Archived