Tennessee targets DC Kevin Steele

ScottsboroAuburnFan

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, corchjay said:

He’s what 34-35.  I’d say around 42ish he might be ready for an SEC DC job if he’s able to work under someone like Steele.  

Thats not to take away from what he has accomplished he’s done a fantastic job coaching and recruiting but he has a long long way to go before he is ready for a big time DC job

Exactly.  Working under great teachers, and Steele is, shortens the time needed.  

Just now, bigbird said:

Exactly.  Working under great teachers, and Steele is, shortens the time needed.  

Don’t forget RG and Brown as well. Both good teachers of their craft and go about it totally different ways

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Who?  It doesn't matter.  

A huge sigh of relief.   Can you imagine if Auburn could be stable with DC and OC for 3 yrs?   We would be 10-2 or better every year.

7 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Jake Paul to UT per msnbc^-^

Funny....heck this guy would probably turn them down also.

Maybe Cousin Phil will hire Morris from UK

46 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

TWill has been coaching for a grand total of two years and now some folks think he is ready to be the DC for an SEC team. Sure thing. That would be so Gus like. 

We have some morons in our fan base. Some are dumb enough to believe that Rodney Garner can’t coach the DL. I want KS to stay on, but I will trust Gus to find us a good DC. A lot of our fan base didn’t like it when Steele was hired. Pay attention to Corch, Bird , Golf and a couple of others if you want to know the reasonable and possible legitimate options.

1 minute ago, AUDynasty said:

I would be stunned if UT decides to go with Steele. I think Tee Martin is a better fit on the only basis that he’s younger.

Of the 3 mentioned -  Tucker, Steele, and Martin

I would choose Mel Tucker hands down

16 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Of the 3 mentioned -  Tucker, Steele, and Martin

I would choose Mel Tucker hands down

Me too, then Tee.

Just now, bigbird said:

Me too, then Tee.

Yep.  Exactly the same for me.  Tee would probably win the press conference over Mel, but Mel would easily be a better long term coach.  Whoever it is they need 4-5 years to change that culture.  UGA is gonna feast in the East for the next 3-4 years.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Yep.  Exactly the same for me.  Tee would probably win the press conference over Mel, but Mel would easily be a better long term coach.  Whoever it is they need 4-5 years to change that culture.  UGA is gonna feast in the East for the next 3-4 years.

Let's hope Mullen can get his QB.

Just now, bigbird said:

Let's hope Mullen can get his QB.

That's still a 2 year process at a minimum.  Maybe coach Boom can get a couple playmakers on offense to go along with Bentley

I am probably off but, if they think Tee Martin is a HC in training, then they go with Steele and Tee as OC. If they want a HC with some longevity (if u get that in the SEC), then they go with Tucker and he brings in a staff.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

maybe but unless he and gus are on the phone during his games he's had a very good year with a very poor team and substantially moved them up in the way of offensive production.   Gus was probably holding him down at some point...that delegation and trust thing perhaps? . 

Was it a good year?  Was he above 60 in any offensive stat?  He wasn’t several weeks ago.

I want them(tenner  c) to hire Tucker. He has been exposed to the gnome and Barney Rubble. He would be desperate to win and would probably cut corners, get caught and then rat them out. It would also disrupt THUGA’s bowl prep.

8 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

I don’t expect it to be KS. 2nd interview tomorrow for Pruitt. They will hire JP if he accepts, if not then Tucker.

Interesting.  I thought Phil said he would have a coach by Tuesday.  Interesting that Pruitt is entering the mix as well.  For me he probably has the highest ceiling but also the lowest rock bottom of all of them.  

44 minutes ago, corchjay said:

That's still a 2 year process at a minimum.  Maybe coach Boom can get a couple playmakers on offense to go along with Bentley

Gotta dive into JUCO

I live in NE TN and the fox reporter for UT sports just said he's hearing it is unlikely to be Steele. I'm thrilled!

1 minute ago, thewhiz7 said:

I live in NE TN and the fox reporter for UT sports just said he's hearing it is unlikely to be Steele. I'm thrilled!

Did they get that report approved through Clay Travis?  :poke:

29 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Was it a good year?  Was he above 60 in any offensive stat?  He wasn’t several weeks ago.

I note they were 53 and think I recall that last year they were below 100.......around 120.....that's a pretty big step up.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalYards

Archived