Tennessee targets DC Kevin Steele

ScottsboroAuburnFan

2 hours ago, Tigercj said:

I hope you are kidding TWill is no way ready to be a D.C. If and that's a big If Steele leaves we will find a proven D.C. 

Strong yellow font. But I guess that one year of high school coaching makes him ready to be a DC in the SEC.  Wordsmithing until the cows come home is  not going to make him ready for one of the most important positions in football. 

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You.can tell the posters who around here who get no respect haha.  Adding their  02 cents in yet not getting acknowledged. KS needs to sit tight. I know Phil is his good friend, but I can see him being a disaster in that scenario.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You.can tell the posters who around here who get no respect haha.  Adding their  02 cents in yet not getting acknowledged. KS needs to sit tight. I know Phil is his good friend, but I can see him being a disaster in that scenario.

tenor.gif?itemid=4892740

1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

I don’t expect it to be KS. 2nd interview tomorrow for Pruitt. They will hire JP if he accepts, if not then Tucker.

RUMOR

Pruitt targeting Lupoi as DC and Martin as OC to fill coordinator positions.

1 minute ago, au_bsci_04 said:

RUMOR

Pruitt targeting Lupoi as DC and Martin as OC to fill coordinator positions.

If it is Pruitt I expect him to try and get chip as his OC. I remember the Miss St mod was saying that was going to be the case if they had hired him there. If Chip goes with him I hope everyone is ready for hugh freeze on the plains!!! lol. I know I am!!! WOOOOOO!!!! He has called 3 of the most perfect games I have ever seen (2 wins and 1 game they should of won.) vs Saban. They could not stop him. He was on fire those games. His passing game is the perfect compliment to Malzahns rushing attack.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

This is what goes through my mind when I see those posts

giphy.gif

true to form and on brand for you!!! hahahaha love it

Yay!! I suggested (okay, SCREAMED) Pruitt on two other threads. Love to see Alabama and now Georgia scrambling. Going to sleep happy tonight...for the moment. :Sing:

2 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Why not Vangorder?

Images that can't be unseen...or maybe Loeffler? ?

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

Selfishly we need Tucker and Dell McGee out of UGA.  They are good coaches and fantastic recruiters.  

Dell is Gus' biggest and most obvious miss, you find a spot.

3 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Strong yellow font. But I guess that one year of high school coaching makes him ready to be a DC in the SEC.  Wordsmithing until the cows come home is  not going to make him ready for one of the most important positions in football. 

hiring a coach with one years experience at arkansas state is a good choice too right..........

8 hours ago, auburnphan said:

hiring a coach with one years experience at arkansas state is a good choice too right..........

Kodi and Herb sure think so...

10 hours ago, DAG said:

On a Chizaster scale of 1 thru 10?

If I'm reading between the lines here...Fulmer wants Steele to come in and HC for maybe 2 years while Tee Martin is groomed to be the head coach?

Ok, let me recap this gunfight and tell me what I am missing:

1.  we have appeared to dodge the bullet of UT hiring Steele (Pruitt is part of today's clown show in K-town)

2.  Lindsey may be interviewing in Mobile at USA 

3. I haven't heard anything about Starkville trying to poach anyone from Auburn

Is that it?  this is not rhetorical, pls answer.

Auburn needs only ONE thing to step up from very good to elite:  stability so we can gain consistency.   It starts with the staff.

10 minutes ago, DrakeTheSnakeAU said:

Chip to USA, Freeze to AU as OC. 

I'd take that...but I imagine AU compliance would be like...

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

On a Chizaster scale of 1 thru 10?

If I'm reading between the lines here...Fulmer wants Steele to come in and HC for maybe 2 years while Tee Martin is groomed to be the head coach?

Thought that HCIW stuff turned out the be a bomb......only way the HWIC moves up is if the HC does well and retires leaving the job behind....like Oklahoma.     Otherwise, if the HC does not do well, the HCIW goes out the door right behind him like Texas and several other places. .

JMO but if Tee wants to be HC at UT he needs to come now as HC or wait until the next HC gets fired.... and with all the people dabbling in the athletic department at UT, that should not be more than a couple years.  Then he will have some more experience and Fulmer will be gone and UT fans will welcome him home.  ...an easy solution....

Steele needs to be very wary of all things Knoxville. Fulmer is going to be the de facto head coach. 

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Seems like Pruitt is the guy

I've been hearing this as well. On Tennessee forums they're saying the same thing. Pruitt had interviewed with Fulmer today.

1 minute ago, AUDynasty said:

I've been hearing this as well. On Tennessee forums they're saying the same thing. Pruitt had interviewed with Fulmer today.

That and Mel Tucker interviewed with them twice. Pruitt would be ideal because it would probably keep Steele here for sure. I'd be shocked if we had a ton of staff turnover after the season. 

Archived