Tennessee targets DC Kevin Steele

ScottsboroAuburnFan

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Norvell would be a better hire imo. 

[Insert name here] would be a better hire lol

Back when I thought Gus was on his way out, I liked the idea of us looking at Norvell. But idk if even he would consider that dumpster fire at UT...

The fact that UT hasn't offered Tee Martin the whole world blows my mind... He is the right man for the job and the guy who in 3-4 years can have them back to competitive football. The incompetence at UT blows my mind. 

I live in Knoxville. I'm surrounded by the angst, the dismay, the frustration, the anger, the feelings of the locals when UT was relevant, competitive, a national power. I am sympathetic, but part of that is because UT used to be competitive with Bama. I'd like to see that again.

I don't think it's gonna happen real soon. UT is in deep doodoo.

Let's drag out the dead horse and take a whack!

UT would give their left....hmmmm....arm to have Fat Phil back.  They got tired of going 9-3 & 10-2; thinking the someone else would lead them to the Promised Land.  Nebraska did the same thing.  Sometimes it's best to stick with who you've got and improve from there rather than start over with the unknown.  We all need to keep this in mind.

Of course, sometimes you need to make a change; the trick is to know when and how!

UT needs to be good again to keep UF & UGA from dominating the East and to give UAT a game every year.  

Seems like this would be embarrassing for a fan base. Anybody think Auburn would be having the same meltdown and embarrassment had we gone down this road (or if)? Or is this just a Tennessee thing?

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Seems like this would be embarrassing for a fan base. Anybody think Auburn would be having the same meltdown and embarrassment had we gone down this road (or if)? Or is this just a Tennessee thing?

From everything I have seen about Tennessee is they are a major ball of dysfunction at several levels. More so than anything we've had going on.

Also, their fans hold Tennessee in way higher regard than it is in reality as far as a football program. They think it's a top 5-10 destination. Granted every school probably holds their own school higher than others perceive. But it's definitely not a top 10 job.

3 minutes ago, 1TexasTiger said:

Les Miles is available. I can't believe I just said that!!!!

Wow, good call. I had totally forgotten about him in all of this. Seems like everyone else has too...

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

They just need to ask themselves....is he worth the gamble? ................................LOL 

Well said.

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

His own

Skeletons like Trump inappropriate touching, Weistein inappropriate touching, or Sandusky level inappropriate touching?

Just now, MaxP said:

Skeletons like Trump inappropriate touching, Weistein inappropriate touching, or Sandusky level inappropriate touching?

Not sure about any touching

1 hour ago, MaxP said:

Inappropriate touching proven and valid with Weinstein, Sandusky. Trump no.

Archived