Tennessee targets DC Kevin Steele

ScottsboroAuburnFan

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

Whats your list bird? And any info on steele?

Don't have one really.  I have those that I love but I doubt would come like  Chavis, Vennables Leonhard, Pruitt, or Manny Diaz. IMO, most of their next jobs will be HCs somewhere. So I would think you would look at a lower level school. Vic Koenning from Troy would be a nice one, So would Joe Cauthen from Arkansas St., or Pete Golding from UTSA.

11 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I just read he's missing the Broyles Award banquet because he is currently at UT, per Auburn Gold Mine on Twitter. 

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I'm hoping that UT gets a pretty decent coach.....would hate to lose KS ....and also I  don't think he is the guy to make UT relevant in the SEC East either.    Everyone loses in my view....except maybe KS and his agent. 

Kevin Steele would be foolish not to take the UT HC if offered.  UT would be just as foolish for hiring him as HC.  He is a Chizik-level dumb hire as a HC.

wde

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Trob won't leave WM

He won't leave for more money at a better school with more talent wherein he'd be coaching under an offensive-minded HC (and thus ACTUALLY running the defense)? Good one.

I hope Steele stays but it would be just like Auburn's luck to lose him after 2 years. We can't win for losing.

If Steele leaves, what are the prospects for FSU' Charles Kelly? Will he follow Jimbo to aTm? Does he hold any grudges against AU from the last DC hiring round? I was under the impression he turned down AU because CGM was in the hot seat. Given's CGM's new contract, that is no longer the case.

Just a thought here, but if Steele was to leave, then just give the DC job to Garner  and get Rocker as DL coach......

10 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Just a thought here, but if Steele was to leave, then just give the DC job to Garner  and get Rocker as DL coach......

Why?

wde

14 minutes ago, meh130 said:

If Steele leaves, what are the prospects for FSU' Charles Kelly? Will he follow Jimbo to aTm? Does he hold any grudges against AU from the last DC hiring round? I was under the impression he turned down AU because CGM was in the hot seat. Given's CGM's new contract, that is no longer the case.

Kelly is a reason many people at FSU were OK with Jimbo leaving. I would rather give it to TWill (and TWill would probably not be in my top 5).

wde

16 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Probably TWill.

I would like twill in that spot if Steele leaves . Twill is a bright guy with a huge upside 

T will is on his way to becoming a serious household name . Might as well take a chance and give him the opportunity. He knows the blueprint , great recruiting , even better LBs coach and Auburn through and through . He won’t bounce .

23 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I hope Steele stays but it would be just like Auburn's luck to lose him after 2 years. We can't win for losing.

Check his resume'....he's had 13 different jobs / schools and usually only 2 or 3 years at most.....must live in an RV or something as often as he moves.. 

Otherwise assistants seem to move around all the time and most of the time, schools just roll with the punch.....the new guy comes in and keeps doing what the previous guy was doing if it was successful. 

If he goes, AU needs to hire someone to run our defense, not bring in their own new system, play calls, terminology, etc so that the guys have to learn all over again.   

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I would like twill in that spot if Steele leaves . Twill is a bright guy with a huge upside 

God no.  T-will isn't remotely ready to be a DC at a major college.  T-will hasn't even been handling the linebackers by himself.  He's been under Steele's wing.  

8 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Why?

wde

Why not? you think Garner would not be able to handle the DC job?

Just now, corchjay said:

God no.  T-will isn't remotely ready to be a DC at a major college.  T-will hasn't even been handling the linebackers by himself.  He's been under Steele's wing.  

How do you know what someone is capable of doing until you actually let them do it. Was Rhett lashlee ever ready to move on from Gus, until he actually did It?

Archived