Auburn #2 in latest CFP rankings

AUDub

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I was expecting #3 but I never expected #2 without winning the conference with the 2 losses. Auburn getting serious respect right now. Incredible thinking back to mid October. College football is fun again. Congratulations to the team and coaches for working hard and getting better each week. 

Auburn has gotten tons of respect since Gus got here.  We've probably been the most overrated team in the nation the past few years and I'm being absolutely serious about that.  

It's that magical offensive frickery he does to everyone when he gets rolling that everyone likes watching.  

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

So, if Clemson, Wisconsin and Oklahoma all lose...  #1 AU  #2 Miami  #3  Alabama   #4 Ohio State.  See where that goes?  Potential AU - uat championship. 

State of Alabama would be crazy. On a side note place barbed wire around all of your trees if that happened. 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Auburn has gotten tons of respect since Gus got here.  We've probably been the most overrated team in the nation the past few years and I'm being absolutely serious about that.  

It's that magical offensive frickery he does to everyone when he gets rolling that everyone likes watching.  

Completely agree. Auburn gets much more respect from national media than the regional media. Of course that other coach has them all starry eyed. 

I disagree about Bama - if OSU beats Wisky and everything else goes like it should, Miami and UGA drop out of the 6 and 7 spots. It's much easier to for OSU to jump Bama if they are defacto 6 vs 8. 

11 minutes ago, around4ever said:

So, if Clemson, Wisconsin and Oklahoma all lose...  #1 AU  #2 Miami  #3  Alabama   #4 Ohio State.  See where that goes?  Potential AU - uat championship. 

No way Auburn doesn’t play Bama in the quarterfinals if both gets in. Every other conference would freak at the thought of having an all SEC NC.

Just now, Auctoritas said:

I disagree about Bama - if OSU beats Wisky and everything else goes like it should, Miami and UGA drop out of the 6 and 7 spots. It's much easier to for OSU to jump Bama if they are defacto 6 vs 8. 

nope.  making Wisky 4 basically shows the committee is only putting them there because they are undefeated.  They have no respect for their team or undefeated season so OSU will not get the benefit of truly beating a Top 5 team in my opinion.  Bama is in if TCU or OSU win.  Unless of course OSU blast them 60-0.  

Does anybody find it odd that the talking heads on this show are throwing out different scenarios for this weekend and not one word about uga winning??

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

nope.  making Wisky 4 basically shows the committee is only putting them there because they are undefeated.  They have no respect for their team or undefeated season so OSU will not get the benefit of truly beating a Top 5 team in my opinion.  Bama is in if TCU or OSU win.  Unless of course OSU blast them 60-0.  

Maybe, but I still think OSU being a conference champ has more weight. 

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Does anybody find it odd that the talking heads on this show are throwing out different scenarios for this weekend and not one word about uga winning??

We are doomed. 

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Spoke too soon.  It was mentioned at the end and got laughs.  That scares me. 

I'd like to please hear every scenario for West Vance missing out. I'll start. 

1. Committee, nation, universe fatigue.

It would be special when Miami loses and has to play UGA in one of the selection committee games and Richt puts it to them!

16 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Thing is, we are all nervous about Saturday, but to anyone outside of the Auburn bubble, our rematch with UGA looks no different than the Oklahoma-TCU rematch. Sure, TCU might win, but considering the drubbing they received from OU a few weeks ago, who would expect it?

14 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I'd like to please hear every scenario for West Vance missing out. I'll start. 

1. Committee, nation, universe fatigue.

Auburn was to Alabama what Kryptonite was to Superman. They looked normal Saturday and normal teams don't play for championships. 

30 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Bama is in if TCU or OSU win.  The committee basically just showed us that putting OSU at 8.   

I don’t think so. The commissioner seemed to indicate not a lot of separation in the second group. uat is at a disadvantage because they can only move if someone else fails. Miami, uga, OSU or TCU all pick up an additional top four win plus a conference championship both of which uat would not have. Remember also uat is at 11 wins. Miami with a win is at 12 wins , Wsc is already at 12 wins, TCU would have 11 wins as would OSU. The guys on the program brought up that uat’s last games included a near loss to an 8-4 Team and a loss to AU. Their best win is to #17. Strength of schedule is n the 40s. I think they put uat at 5 to keep the wolves at bay. Any loss in 1 thru four is going to be a jumping board for those below uat. Again also remember

this committee represents all 5 conferences. To get two from one conference just isn’t going to happen.

Archived