Auburn #2 in latest CFP rankings

AUDub

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Am I the only one who sees this and wants to puke?! Ughhhh. 

Care to elaborate?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Clemson loses to Miami and OSU beats Wisky, explain why a two loss UGA(#6 AU and #2AU) doesn't get in. Their two losses would be much better than any of the other teams two losses.  

37 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Does anybody find it odd that the talking heads on this show are throwing out different scenarios for this weekend and not one word about uga winning??

This . Uga is a great team . Flying under the radar getting zero respect. . Unbelievable 

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Care to elaborate?

It makes me very nervous. Like so nervous. 

I know this team can do it, but I predict Saturday to be a bit more rough than three weeks ago. However, our coaches seem to have their swag back which makes me feel a bit better. 

23 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Auburn was to Alabama what Kryptonite was to Superman. They looked normal Saturday and normal teams don't play for championships. 

I'm just spent with the spin and the dreaming. They have worn out their welcome anyway, and from what it appears to me, they have neither the strength of schedule nor the aptitude they've had in years past. There was a time when they were clearly the best to be in the running and I'll give them that, but when it's genuinely debatable that they need to contend, I say let someone else have a turn. No grandfather clause!!

4 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

It makes me very nervous. Like so nervous. 

I know this team can do it, but I predict Saturday to be a bit more rough than three weeks ago. However, our coaches seem to have their swag back which makes me feel a bit better. 

Ok, I can't like this but I do understand the feeling. I guess I'm just seeing a team on a mission and Auburn has done a pretty fair job on rematches in the SECCG. Trying to keep the faith. 

Yall forget what this is all about.  It's about TV sets.  Any team from the SEC bring probably double the TV viewers then any other with the exception of Ohio State, Texas, Notre Dame.  

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If Clemson loses to Miami and OSU beats Wisky, explain why a two loss UGA(#6 AU and #2AU) doesn't get in. Their two losses would be much better than any of the other teams two losses.  

Ha! To beat Georgia three times in one year, that would be amazing!

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Again they are not going to put two teams from one conference unless he’ll freezes over. That was the whole idea of the 4 team playoff. To get more coverage for all of the P5. 

17 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This . Uga is a great team . Flying under the radar getting zero respect. . Unbelievable 

That’s what happens when you get the crap beat out of you when u play someone of significance on the national stage...If they beat Auburn it will not be because of their lack of respect from the media...i trust Gus to keep the guys focused, hungry and ready. They have been dead eyed and focused since the LSU loss.....Just won’t have Jordan Hare behind them. 

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Yall forget what this is all about.  It's about TV sets.  Any team from the SEC bring probably double the TV viewers then any other with the exception of Ohio State, Texas, Notre Dame.  

But do you remember how ENTHRALLED the public was with the LSU BAMA rematch? Lowest ratings in championship history...if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Man the only thing(s) that can stop this team is if any of the top 4 lose and if KP and KJ are perma hurt 

woop 

Not saying KJ is fine but I feel pretty confident he's good to go and will be effective

Just now, ToraGirl said:

But do you remember how ENTHRALLED the public was with the LSU BAMA rematch? Lowest ratings in championship history...if I remember correctly.

I remember.  

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

While tv is important you still

havw the 5 P5 conference commissioners running this thing. They set the criteria and they chose the committee members. They give them about four things to use at equal weight. Championships, good wins,strength of schedule and overall record. So no matter who they chose they can justify it. Everyone k owns the weakest conference ( pac 12 this year) will

not be represented. While it doesn’t have to be a conference champ ( OSU 2016) they do have to be the single representative of a conference ( see why PSU did not make it in 2016)

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

OSU beat a decent PSU squad and annihilated a respectable Mich St team. Georgia beat....

ND with blowouts by Miami and a sub 50% Bryce Love Stanford on their record...by 1 point

4 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Remember that was when the media controlled it thru their polls. That’s exactly why the P5 commissioners took control . To assure that never happens again. Personally I agree. Either win you conference or you have no gripe. Put the best from at least 4 of the conferences to go head to head.

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

he'll play

I can’t remember where I saw it today a comment was from KJ. He said he is confident he will play. Says it’s just banged up. Said it happened on the TD when he stuck the wrong arm out( meaning he should have had the ball in his right hand)  When he stopped it was from pain while trying to tuck the ball in that play . Was not hurt on that play. FWIW

Archived