Auburn #2 in latest CFP rankings

AUDub

12 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Yep, said this the other day in another thread. I want it to stay just as it is with maybe us moving to 1 and play wisky first.

Absolutely our best scenario.

I do not like the chance of having to play either Okie or Clemson with them having almost a month to game plan against us.  I like our chances much better versus either of those two on a shorter preparation schedule, namely the 9 days between the first playoff round and the Nat Championship game. :hellyeah:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami beats Clemson everybody else in current top 4 win out. Not sure why I think this I just have a feeling. Auburn #1 Oklahoma #2 Wisky #3 Miami #4 No bama This would be ideal for Auburn. Bottom line is we beat Georgia then I am happy because we are in. That is the important part. After that it doesn't matter who else does what as long as we win that game and then take care of business the next two games.

I think, regardless of who else makes it, the championship will be Oklahoma vs XXX - unless we have to play OU first then it's us vs XXX. ;)

23 hours ago, Jaxr29 said:

The Top 4 are all Auburns 3 most recent OOC Losses

REVENGE TOUR!!!!!!

mwz4Ha.gif

This speaks to AU's consistently tough schedule the past few years (& of course throughout modern history).  And isn't it crazy how AU has the potential for THREE rematches (UGA, Bama, & Clemson) all in the same season?  If it happens, that's gotta be unprecedented in college football, right? Or if Bama doesn't slip into top 4, perhaps OU replaces Bama & that would be 3 rematches (UGA, OU, & Clemson) in the span of 15 or so games.

The playoff era can be pretty wacky.

It's a conspiracy! This guy has an interesting claim as to how the committee is trying to get bama into the playoff. He talks about Fresno State and Miss State (teams bama has beaten) suddenly getting into the playoff rankings.

Meh. Hate Cowherd.

I can see why they were ranked. State's loss dropped them from 14th, but I think their current rank is justifiable. Fresno's résumé, including the win over ranked Boise, is nothing to scoff at and they probably belong at 25. 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:26 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Miami beats Clemson everybody else in current top 4 win out. Not sure why I think this I just have a feeling. Auburn #1 Oklahoma #2 Wisky #3 Miami #4 No bama This would be ideal for Auburn. Bottom line is we beat Georgia then I am happy because we are in. That is the important part. After that it doesn't matter who else does what as long as we win that game and then take care of business the next two games.

I agree wholeheartedly. We have to take care of our business first, but the above scenario would be good for lots of reasons. First, we would get regional preference and placed in the Sugar Bowl instead of having to fly to California. Second, No Bama! However, all that really matters is winning against Georgia again Saturday. And that is going to be a tough one. wde...

I don’t care whether uat makes or not. We would just beat again. In fact most of the top 4 will. They are not that good this year. They played no one other than FSU and if you look back FSU would have beat uat if they uat hadn’t hurt their qb. But that said they are not making it . First I think the top four all win. I think Wisconsin is better than most folks give them credit for. Remember they beat Iowa that rip OSU. Okla and TCU have played already and I don’t expect it to be any different.if Clemson lost which I don’t believe they will, Miami would be 12-1 with a conference title so they are staying ahead of uat. Right now the sports talkers are just stringing the turd fan on with a pipe dream. WDE

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

It's a conspiracy! This guy has an interesting claim as to how the committee is trying to get bama into the playoff. He talks about Fresno State and Miss State (teams bama has beaten) suddenly getting into the playoff rankings.

I don't know about Fresno State but Miss State is still a solid football team. They have 4 losses but 3 of those are to top 6 CFP opponents and the last was to Ole Miss after losing their QB.

I do think they prefer to have Bama in the playoff though. Money talks.

8 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I don't know about Fresno State but Miss State is still a solid football team. They have 4 losses but 3 of those are to top 6 CFP opponents and the last was to Ole Miss after losing their QB.

I do think they prefer to have Bama in the playoff though. Money talks.

It sure does...Of course we have to take care of business Saturday.. but I think wisky loses and they get in . I've barely watched anything of Wisky and don't think I need to...Urban has done this for too long...though he has the times he falls flat on his face, I don't think that happens this time. 

Archived