Gary Danielson on 105.5 this morning

gr82b4au

Notes:

* they asked him how he knew about the jump pass. He said he saw it in practice when there for the uga game and they did not run it against uga so it was the perfect time.

* they asked him if he follows social media and he said no (smart) but he did say that his friend told him AU fans are accusing him of being an Alabama fan

* they asked him about whether of not he saw this coming with AU and he said that since it is an odd year and we get uga and at home that this is usually when we play well. 

* they asked him about how impressive it was that AU beat two #1 teams the last few weeks and what does he expect in the SECCG. He said that auburn is good on both sides of the ball, that we would have beaten anyone in the country at JH because of the home field advantage, but that we have not proven we can win away from JH against a good team. Basically said that we were not a good road team and this game will be different. 

* Asked about the college playoff and he said that the committee really put themselves in a bind when they put ohio state in last year. Now there is going to be chaos no matter what happens this weekend. Said AL deserves to be in based on the way they voted last year but he has a hard time thinking they will put 2 teams in from the same conference and leave out a conference champ. He said that the committee is in a pickle. 

Everyone..including GD is making a big deal of our home field advantage....which I submit is valuable....we really need to play well away from JHS....and neutral is way better than death valley.

If the fan attendance is evenly divided, would we consider that a push? I would think neither side would have the advantage relative to crowd noise affecting play.  Yes we probably get around seven points for JH but we should not be st a disadvantage 

I think "we" are a little oversensitive re: Danielson.  You watch him over the years and he's not really for or against anybody in particular.  He's a Purdue/Big 10 guy...what's he care about SEC teams?  

What he IS is a Front-Runner as mandated by his employer, CBS.  Thuga was #1, so he shined on them...spuat was #1 so he shined on them.  Remember before the bammer/saban machine began and it was all Tebow-Tebow-Tebow?  He even spoke of Tebow more than Cam DURING AU games. ...and Tebow was gone.  AU beats thuga and is highly ranked next year and MAINTAINS the high ranking throughout the season and he'll speak glowingly of Auburn and bammers & pups will complain that he's an Auburn fan.

I'll tell you who hates him worse than AU fans right now is Kirby Smart.  He probably won't even talk to him this week... What Danielson said about Smart sending complaints to the league office said less about AU and more (negative) about him.

50 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Notes:

* they asked him about how impressive it was that AU beat two #1 teams the last few weeks and what does he expect in the SECCG. He said that auburn is good on both sides of the ball, that we would have beaten anyone in the country at JH because of the home field advantage, but that we have not proven we can win away from JH against a good team. Basically said that we were not a good road team and this game will be different. 

I can't disagree with him there.

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Notes:

* they asked him how he knew about the jump pass. He said he saw it in practice when there for the uga game and they did not run it against uga so it was the perfect time.

* they asked him if he follows social media and he said no (smart) but he did say that his friend told him AU fans are accusing him of being an Alabama fan

* they asked him about whether of not he saw this coming with AU and he said that since it is an odd year and we get uga and at home that this is usually when we play well. 

* Asked about the college playoff and he said that the committee really put themselves in a bind when they put ohio state in last year. Now there is going to be chaos no matter what happens this weekend. Said AL deserves to be in based on the way they voted last year but he has a hard time thinking they will put 2 teams in from the same conference and leave out a conference champ. He said that the committee is in a pickle. 

First of all to start lobbying for alabama before the game was even over was completely disrespectful..he started mentioning it with 9 minutes to go. How about talk about how impressive it was for a team to beat the number two out of two number ones, three weeks apart! It had never happened before. 

Committee didn't put itself in a bind as long as all top four teams win or if Miami and Georgia win. He's talking worst possible scenario and it's not the primary scenario. And any argument for alabama is countered by others better schedule. He has no real ground to talk about alabama at THIS point.

Thanks for posting. Let's go BEAT GEORGIA. 

30 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I think "we" are a little oversensitive re: Danielson.  You watch him over the years and he's not really for or against anybody in particular.  He's a Purdue/Big 10 guy...what's he care about SEC teams?  

What he IS is a Front-Runner as mandated by his employer, CBS.  Thuga was #1, so he shined on them...spuat was #1 so he shined on them.  Remember before the bammer/saban machine began and it was all Tebow-Tebow-Tebow?  He even spoke of Tebow more than Cam DURING AU games. ...and Tebow was gone.  AU beats thuga and is highly ranked next year and MAINTAINS the high ranking throughout the season and he'll speak glowingly of Auburn and bammers & pups will complain that he's an Auburn fan.

I'll tell you who hates him worse than AU fans right now is Kirby Smart.  He probably won't even talk to him this week... What Danielson said about Smart sending complaints to the league office said less about AU and more (negative) about him.

THANK YOU. Have to say it every year. The tail isn't wagging the dog here. 

30 minutes ago, selias said:

I can't disagree with him there.

NOPE. We failed spectacularly on the road twice this season, and once against a team that we were clearly superior to. If that makes anyone mad, they need to take it up with Gus.

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

First of all to start lobbying for alabama before the game was even over was completely disrespectful..he started mentioning it with 9 minutes to go. How about talk about how impressive it was for a team to beat the number two out of two number ones, three weeks apart! It had never happened before. 

This is what made me angry.  

CFB has a long history and this was a historical achievement!  Don't spend air lobbying for a team with no marquee wins this year!  Dumb and homerish.  

Discussion question. Is there a difference between being a good/bad "road team" and a good/bad "away from home team"? 

Phrase your answers in the form of a haiku, please. 

Auburn competed well in both road environments...particularly the defense. Each road game was relatively close. If the offense could have finished a drive or two the outcome would have been different. I don’t think the road atmosphere at Clemson or BR made a difference....and this is Auburn and UGA first time in the new dome in ATL.

Neither uat nor thuga have proven they can beat a good team on the road. uat refuses to play home and home against quality opponents

2 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

Discussion question. Is there a difference between being a good/bad "road team" and a good/bad "away from home team"? 

Phrase your answers in the form of a haiku, please. 

I can't see any,

But the words that you're using

Make it seem like it.

Defense travels and our front has been playing like a bunch of bullies so I'm not quite as worried about that side of the ball. Other than that, he brought up some good points IMO.

Lets put all doubt to rest this Saturday!

This is why we love the game. 

Nothing feels better than proving doubters wrong.

Auburn has a golden opportunity. 

36 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

I can't see any,

But the words that you're using

Make it seem like it.

Have you considered?

Crowds are adversarial,

Mayhaps not places. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Defense travels and our front has been playing like a bunch of bullies so I'm not quite as worried about that side of the ball. Other than that, he brought up some good points IMO.

Lets put all doubt to rest this Saturday!

Yep let's go BEAT GEORGIA and shut this fool up. Go pin his comments to every door and locker.

We have all the bulletin board material we need from this guy. 

2 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

Have you considered?

Crowds are adversarial,

Mayhaps not places. 

Former Coach Pat Dye

Thinks 85% of the

crowd will be Georgia. 

16 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Former Coach Pat Dye

Thinks 85% of the

crowd will be Georgia. 

An interesting thought