Gary Danielson on 105.5 this morning

gr82b4au

7 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

Discussion question. Is there a difference between being a good/bad "road team" and a good/bad "away from home team"? 

Phrase your answers in the form of a haiku, please. 

Auburn is the bomb.

Inside, outside, upside down.

Shame! Go shut your mouth.   (applicable to any excuse-mongering naysayer)

OR

All are sick "In Tahd."

'Cept old dawgs who scratch all day

Can't wait--see u SAT.

and lastly...

Man who say it can't...

Be done, shall not interrupt

Man who's doing it.

Thanks for the poetry challenge...I'm always up for something wordy!

:wareagle:

15 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Former Coach Pat Dye

Thinks 85% of the

crowd will be Georgia. 

That could be a bit high, but I wrote in another post I wouldn't be surprised if it's 70% - 75% Georgia.

That's nothing against us as Auburn fans, but thUGAly fans started buying up any available tickets as soon as they realized they were going to be in the game. Still plenty out there on StubHub, but I think the crowd will be predominantly Georgia. Hope I'm wrong.

16 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Former Coach Pat Dye

Thinks 85% of the

crowd will be Georgia. 

Won't really matter.

MARTA gets me to MB,

our new second home.

The Benz holds 71,000.  

32,600 tickets (16,300 per school) are allocated to the participating institutions. 

That leaves 38,400 tickets in the market, with corporations gobbling up the majority of those.  

I'm sure the turds had plenty of tickets to drop on the open-market...and I know the leghumpers are buying tickets like crazy because they only make the game every 8 or 9 years.

I still feel it should only be 60/40 in favor of UGA.  That's not overwhelming or anything...plus, once our D starts shutting them down their crowd will have nothing to cheer for.  

Back to Danielson, I agree he was fairly objective (for a sports commentator) until this season. When he was paired with filterless ole Vern (who was to UGa what Keith Jackson was to Bama) it was a perfect match - like perpetually outraged Holtz & cool Mark May. Danielson looks to be trying to reinvent himself as a Colin Cowherd and not just when it comes to Auburn. 

Archived