Rose Bowl or Sugar Bowl?

ellitor

Rose Bowl or Sugar Bowl?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming AU Keeps winning would you rather...

• Clemson keep winning to set up a Natty rematch to get revenge even though it means AU having to go to the Rose Bowl for it's semifinal game
    • Clemson lose to Miami making AU the #1 seed & getting to play in the Sugar Bowl for it's semifinal game

Keep in mind that if AU becomes the #1 seed there is a very real possibility it would be an Iron Bowl rematch in New Orleans.

I want Clemson again.  Period.  They could play at a HS stadium in Wyoming for all I care, as long as AU gets to play Clemson.

I don't feel that their offense is good enough to keep up with us. Our offense has scored 40 and 26 against the two best defenses in the nation. There is no way we flop like we did against them at the beginning of the season. Our defense is playing with bad intentions and its awesome to watch. I'd love a rematch NC. But gotta win one at a time! Just win baby. 

JustWinBaby_Triumph-Books_BP.jpg

I think if we can get past Ga. this week we have a very good shot at a NC. I would be very concerned though if we become the #1 seed and have to play Alabama again. I think we beat the second best team in the country last week and I don't want to play them again.

NOLA is an easy drive for me, which means I'm attending the game. That gets my vote 100 times out of 100.

Also, I disagree with the idea that Clemson losing puts Bama in. I think having to play Bama assumes either OU or Wisconsin lost as well, right?

8 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

NOLA is an easy drive for me, which means I'm attending the game. That gets my vote 100 times out of 100.

Also, I disagree with the idea that Clemson losing puts Bama in. I think having to play Bama assumes either OU or Wisconsin lost as well, right?

I think OU has to lose in order to get Bama in. Think they will put OSU in over Bama.

6 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Agree. Clemson losing has no bearing. If you watch enough sports tv en nauseum we know it's all down to if all favorites win their championship game or if Oklahoma loses or if Wisconsin loses and whether osu can jump the tide for that 4th spot.  

14 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Imagine how much Tix would cost for an iron bowl NCG in ATL? 

Personally I’d rather spend the money to go out west than sit in a dome in Atlanta.  That’s just me.  Different strokes and what not.

26 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Also, I disagree with the idea that Clemson losing puts Bama in.

With due respect I didn't say nor imply Clemson losing puts Bama in. If tOSU beats Wisky as they are favored to do then the committee has to decide between a 1 loss Bama or a 2 loss conference champ tOSU with a horrific blowout loss to Iowa. The committee had the same connundrum last year & chose the 1 loss team. If TCU beats OU Bama is definitely in

23 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Think they will put OSU in over Bama.

Look at last year. Same scenario & the 1 loss team got in.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I am not arguing, but if OSU wins, they have a signature/credible win over Wisc right?   Who has bama beaten that could possibly be a top 10 team?  ughhhhhh.....

now my perfect plan:  bama gets in and get totally throttled in game one so that stain hangs with them for a couple of year and everyone takes them off this pedestal.  

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

OSU had a much better resumé than this Bama team does, that's the difference. Maybe if the SEC was still the king of college football uat would get the benefit of the doubt. But they're not. 

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not same scenario. OSU had some good wins against the #5 team. The chairman of the CFP last night said 5 thru 8 are pretty even. So if any of them win their game the move in front of uat because the will get another top 5 win and a conference championship. They would all have as many wins as uat. If Wisconsin lose they still will be 12-1 versus uat at 11-1. They also commented that uat finished the season bad with a close game against a 8-4 MSU that got beat by ole miss the week after taking uat to a 7 point game and then losing by double digits to AU. I think it would take a lot of disruption for uat to make it back in.

51 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

OSU had a much better resumé than this Bama team does, that's the difference. Maybe if the SEC was still the king of college football uat would get the benefit of the doubt. But they're not. 

Bama still Bludgeoned everyone they were supposed to but aTm & Miss St. & their only loss is to the #2 team in the country. 1 of tOSU's losses is an unforgivable blowout loss to a mediocre at best Iowa team.

46 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The chairman of the CFP last night said 5 thru 8 are pretty even.

I wouldn't just assume to believe that. He has to say that whether it's true or not. And I think he just said it for the sake of saying it.

49 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

They also commented that uat finished the season bad with a close game against a 8-4 MSU that got beat by ole miss the week after taking uat to a 7 point game and then losing by double digits to AU.

They in that case were the reporters not the PCC chair. Their input means the same as ours..Nothing.

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I wouldn't just assume to believe that. He has to say that whether it's true or not. And I think he just said it for the sake of saying it.

They in that case were the reporters not the PCC chair. Their input means the same as ours..Nothing.

No it was the PCC chair that said all the teams from 5 to 8 were pretty much equal at this point. Only uga, OSU and Miami out of that group are you playing in a conf championship. So if they win not only do the they get the championship but along with it another win against a top 4 team and they hey have equal number of wins (OSU, TCU) or more (uga, Miami) than uat. Heck how can you not put Wisconsin who would be 12-1 to uat’s 11-1 with both losses coming to probably a top 5 team. Actually Wisc played more P5 teams than uat . Just my thoughts. Uat has no big wins. They have a low strength of schedule number and they finished terrible. I’m with Pat Forde, I don’t think they have a path.

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Bama still Bludgeoned everyone they were supposed to but aTm & Miss St. & their only loss is to the #2 team in the country. 1 of tOSU's losses is an unforgivable blowout loss to a mediocre at best Iowa team.

They did but they just weren’t good teams. They beat a lot of bad teams.

NOLA is a cheaper destination for the majority of Auburn fans, and hell, I live in Louisiana.

BUT, I would take a matchup with Wisky in Pasadena and be happy. 

Only two games that worry me whatsoever are:

1) thUGA this weekend in Atlanta

2) Oklahoma anywhere

outside of those two, i don’t have any hesitation to play anyone, anywhere.

I think easiest matchup is Wisconsin...

I really hope we play in the Rose Bowl. I hate the Superdome as much as I hated the old Atlanta Falcons stadium. The Rose Bowl is one of the grandest sites in the U.S. Such an amazing backdrop to a great game. 

I'd like to play in NOLA so we can have more fans there.  With the natty being in ATL, I don't think many AU fans would pony up for Pasadena.  But many would opt for NOLA since the title game tix would be so sky high.

Archived