Rose Bowl or Sugar Bowl?

ellitor

Rose Bowl or Sugar Bowl?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming AU Keeps winning would you rather...

• Clemson keep winning to set up a Natty rematch to get revenge even though it means AU having to go to the Rose Bowl for it's semifinal game
    • Clemson lose to Miami making AU the #1 seed & getting to play in the Sugar Bowl for it's semifinal game

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

I really hope we play in the Rose Bowl. I hate the Superdome as much as I hated the old Atlanta Falcons stadium. The Rose Bowl is one of the grandest sites in the U.S. Such an amazing backdrop to a great game. 

I am really glad I went in 2013 to the Rose Bowl, just so I can say I have been there.  Having said that, it was the worst venue for actually watching a game that I have ever experienced.  Bad sight lines and the slope of the seating was at such a shallow angle that it made it very difficult to see over the row in front of you.

10 minutes ago, eulessau said:

I am really glad I went in 2013 to the Rose Bowl, just so I can say I have been there.  Having said that, it was the worst venue for actually watching a game that I have ever experienced.  Bad sight lines and the slope of the seating was at such a shallow angle that it made it very difficult to see over the row in front of you.

It's weird to us, but the stadium had to be built that way at the time due to the fault line.  Dang earthquakes.

5 hours ago, weathergeakal said:

Imagine how much Tix would cost for an iron bowl NCG in ATL? 

Already in the $1,500 range however I think a Clemson / Auburn NC in MB Stadium would cost more then a Bama/Auburn rematch regardless they both will cost a fortune. 

Giddily happy with either...

Monin 750 mL Premium Rose Flavoring Syrup

I'd like to see us in Pasadena, feels more like a destination spot as Sugar is much more common. For those interested, there are still some tickets available from the venue (non-secondary market) for the Rose Bowl on Ticketmaster.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/rose-bowl-game-pasadena-california-01-01-2018/event/0B0052DCE0386EF1?artistid=851719&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8&tm_link=artist_msg-0_0B0052DCE0386EF1

Edit: Only seats left are in the end zones/corner and are pretty limited.

2 hours ago, eulessau said:

I second this. I went in 2013 and other than the mountains in the background it was along the lines of Legion Field. The bathrooms were outside the stadium! I was very underwhelmed. Would definitely not make that trip again and hope we make it to Atl. If we were to play in NOLA I would try to go to both.

The playoff semifinal tickets aren’t hard to come by.  Face value easily...

Now the natty is a different story.  Will never be like it was for us the first time, but $1k-$1500 easy...

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Bama still Bludgeoned everyone they were supposed to but aTm & Miss St. & their only loss is to the #2 team in the country. 1 of tOSU's losses is an unforgivable blowout loss to a mediocre at best Iowa team.

I agree with you but FWIW the vast majority of talking heads on BSPN are saying OSU gets in over bama if they win mainly because the committee will not want to discount winning your conference two years in a row. 

15 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

I agree with you but FWIW the vast majority of talking heads on BSPN are saying OSU gets in over bama if they win mainly because the committee will not want to discount winning your conference two years in a row. 

And I see it as precedent for them opening the door to doing it again.

We really need a 6 team playoff with 1 wild card,  All P5 Champs in, & the 3 v. 6 + 4 v. 5 match ups need to be on campus . It would keep the importance of this weekend for every P5 conference & still make the committee's rankings important because their rankings would decide the 2 byes, the match ups, & the wild card.

If Clemson loses to Miami, and OK/Wisc hold serve, a win for AU in the SECCG puts us in the #1 seed and Bama (currently #5) moves up to #4 and we play them in the first round. With Miami being back three spots, they won't jump bammer due to the bad loss to Pitt. ACC gets left out.

16 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Plus, Saban said himself that non-conference winners should not be allowed in...

saban-quotejpg-56159af84c172152.jpg

39 minutes ago, FormerlySec38Row34 said:

If Clemson loses to Miami, and OK/Wisc hold serve, a win for AU in the SECCG puts us in the #1 seed and Bama (currently #5) moves up to #4 and we play them in the first round. With Miami being back three spots, they won't jump bammer due to the bad loss to Pitt. ACC gets left out.

Respectfully disagree on Miami. The ACC Champs is in period as everybody has been saying all week. The ACC may get 2 in also if Wisky or OU losses. Clemson would then have 2 losses but they have the best schedule of any of the playoff teams & their bad loss to Cuse was with the QB1 knocked out before half time. I think it's a toss up whether the committee would take Clemson or Bama if OU losses. If Wisky is the ones that loss then that's a very interesting 3 way discussion for the last spot. The committee may then take tOSU because that would then be the least controversial choice in the public's eyes.

1 hour ago, FormerlySec38Row34 said:

Clemson has an even worse loss to Syracuse than Miami to Pitt and they are currently #1. The committee seems to value "good wins" much more than "good losses"

15 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

Clemson has an even worse loss to Syracuse than Miami to Pitt and they are currently #1. The committee seems to value "good wins" much more than "good losses"

The committe is forgiving that loss because Kelly Bryant got knocked out in the first half. Also Clemson is  the only team in the nation who is undefeated versus teams with winning records. 7-0. AU is the only team that has a resume even close to Clemson's & that would include if they lose to Miami.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The committe is forgiving that loss because Kelly Bryant got knocked out in the first half. Also Clemson is  the only team in the nation who is undefeated versus teams with winning records. 7-0. AU is the only team that has a resume even close to Clemson's & that would include if they lose to Miami.

I think the committee is factoring the 7-0 against teams with winning records much more than Kelly Bryant being injured against Syracuse, JMO.  I really don't think that has mattered much at all considering the rest of their resume.  Which was my point. The committee is much more impressed by who you beat than who you lost to.

7 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

I think the committee is factoring the 7-0 against teams with winning records much more than Kelly Bryant being injured against Syracuse, JMO.  I really don't think that has mattered much at all considering the rest of their resume.  Which was my point. The committee is much more impressed by who you beat than who you lost to.

There is no way for us to know but I think they are factoring in both elements heavily. For example, if AU had not lost to LSU I think AU would be #1 right now despite the loss to Clemson because AU's schedule is quite a bit more top heavy than Clemson's.

Just reread your OP. You were just discussing things. You weren't saying Bama would jump Clemson if they lose to Miami. You were just saying they have a worse loss to Cuse than Miami to Pitt. Since you replied to me I thought you were saying Bama would automatically jump Clemson with a Miami loss. You may feel that way but didn't state it.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

There is no way for us to know but I think they are factoring in both elements heavily. For example, if AU had not lost to LSU I think AU would be #1 right now despite the loss to Clemson because AU's schedule is quite a bit more top heavy than Clemson's.

Just reread your OP. You were just discussing things. You weren't saying Bama would jump Clemson if they lose to Miami. You were just saying they have a worse loss to Cuse than Miami to Pitt. Since you replied to me I thought you were saying Bama would automatically jump Clemson with a Miami loss. You may feel that way but didn't state it.

No, I'm actually agreeing with you. Whoever wins the ACC is in. No way bama gets in over Miami. Miami would have 2 good wins that would trump bama's "good loss". I was replying saying that losing to Pitt wouldn't be the reason bama would get in ahead of Miami because Clemson lost to Syracuse and that hasn't hurt their seeding based on all of their good wins they have. 

Archived