Chip Lindsey

ScottsboroAuburnFan

We all know the Job Steele has done, but he at least was know as a decent DC. I believe he should win the Boyles. My Question is, why shouldn't Chip be in the conversation also? Since he was more of an unknown Quantity?  Also I'm gonna share a link to a article about his hiring, tell me if the perception of him was correct...

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/chip-lindsey-auburn-football-offensive-coordinator

Perhaps the defense has had the most consistent production of the two all season long?

From what we've seen mid-season and onward - yes, I think the perception was correct. We have an insanely balanced team (at least far as run/pass yardage) and Stidham has developed pretty well so far. Next year (if our staff remains intact) will be a sure fire tell if Gus has allowed Chip to fully take control of the offense and QB development.

Edit: @AUFAN78 - why the facepalm?

40 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Next year (if our staff remains intact) will be a sure fire tell if Gus has allowed Chip to fully take control of the offense and QB development.

Why the face palm? I was simply amazed that this would even be up for consideration. 

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Why the face palm? I was simply amazed that this would even be up for consideration. 

Well, I hope it's not!

I don't think he'll get there unless we have our usual Gus SEC CG performance offensively (which I dont see just cause how banged up and the pieces we are missing, rip KD) but he did a good job. The shaky start with getting clamped out the EZ by Mercer, Clemson game, taking a long while vs Ga SO, and then the LSU game cant be forgotten. There are simply better offensive coordinator options, and technically, whoever is OC at Oklahoma is a first year candidate (even tho Lincoln is calling the plays) so he probably would be ahead of Lindsey if you asked them. Likely Scott Frost's OC as well 

I coach high school football and I had the opportunity to coach running backs under an OC for one season who had been an assistant at Spain Park under Chip.  The system we ran almost mimicked the system they ran at Spain Park.  We went 11-3 that season and went to the semifinals where we lost to the eventual state champions. It was quite evident to me that our OC has learned a ton under Chip and it was an offensive system that took advantage of matchups as well as being EXTREMELY balanced.  I definitely took a great deal from it that I will use as I go forward as a coach myself.

Archived