Men vs Dayton game thread

Tiger

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys did a nice job of holding the lead at the end...got up about a dozen and held it despite the pressure and fouls.   Good win....McLemore had a great game...double- double. 

I liked what I saw out of the team tonight. Hated hearing the FBI chants because those kids didn't do anything wrong. Hopefully they can laugh and shrug it off.

Our team still plays young with some bad shot selection but I think overall you can tell this team is a year older than what we saw last year. Harper is much more under control and setting people up (even if his assist numbers didn't show it from last night). Davion was pressing a little bit and Harper came back in and settled the team down it felt like. Heron exploded in the 2nd and Chuma really was an X factor for us in the 1st. Can't say enough about Anfernee, he had a fantastic game I'm going to love seeing him progress over the next few years (fingers crossed Bruce is still our coach)

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I liked what I saw out of the team tonight. Hated hearing the FBI chants because those kids didn't do anything wrong. Hopefully they can laugh and shrug it off.

Our team still plays young with some bad shot selection but I think overall you can tell this team is a year older than what we saw last year. Harper is much more under control and setting people up (even if his assist numbers didn't show it from last night). Davion was pressing a little bit and Harper came back in and settled the team down it felt like. Heron exploded in the 2nd and Chuma really was an X factor for us in the 1st. Can't say enough about Anfernee, he had a fantastic game I'm going to love seeing him progress over the next few years (fingers crossed Bruce is still our coach)

I told everybody chuma would be playing a 3 mans game and not a power forward. He's having an even greater impact on defense as well. He can legit guard 4 positions. He's covering mismatches that our other guards produce. 

52 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I told everybody chuma would be playing a 3 mans game and not a power forward. He's having an even greater impact on defense as well. He can legit guard 4 positions. He's covering mismatches that our other guards produce. 

I know and its AWESOME! I can't wait to see how he progresses he can be a real problem for our opposition as he grows.

Big win in a hard to win environment. It will be good towards RPI . Just makes me wonder just how good this team will be if we get the other two back. This is looking like a big dance team.

finally got to watch the game this evening. Okeke and McLemore really stood out. I loved watching McLemore play last year and he is going to be a really good player by the time he leaves AU. He has far passed Spencer IMO. 12 points 13 rebounds and 5 blocks.....thats a good day! I think Okeke is going to make us not miss Purifoy near as much. Too bad we don't have another 7 footer to take Wiley's spot.....

Heron seems to be hitting his stride after a slow start which is absolutely needed if we are going to be good this year. Need 20 per game from him. I do see improvement from Brown. He still takes a few too many bad shots but i guess you have to live with that cause when he gets hot he can really pile up the points. But his defense was really good.

Whole team defense was really good. It helped that Dayton had a tough night shooting but a lot of their problems were due to great team defense. Hope this new found desire to play defense keeps up as we go along. 

Pretty sure we snapped a 16 game home winning streak for them. Not a bad win at all. 

Archived