Something Different About This Team

lionheartkc

Just on a whim, I decided to see if anything was up with Sean White and Kyle Davis, last night, so I did some poking around on the Internet.  I was surprised and pleased to see that both were still active on Twitter and both were following/supporting Auburn in their posts. That's a huge improvement from the rifts that were created in years past when players were kicked off the team. That says a lot about the maturity that our staff is creating in their players, even the ones who make big mistakes.

As they should. The university gave them full rides to earn a free education and play the game that they love at the same time. See no reason why they should hold any grudge or disdain for the university or football team for their decisions. Especially, when it seems like they were given privacy and ample opportunities to revert from such behavior. Most places don't give second or third chances.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Also, those are still their boys out there playing. IIRC, both guys were well liked by their teammates, even through their struggles. 

Exactly... love seeing that instead of the locker room nightmares caused by Duke and Jovon. 

8 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

KD is still taking classes, right? 

I think they both are. Another positive difference between them and those who had similar issues in the past.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I think they both are. Another positive difference between them and those who had similar issues in the past.

SW wants to graduate so he can go play anywhere next year and be immediately eligible. Any chance KD could get back on the team next year?

2 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

SW wants to graduate so he can go play anywhere next year and be immediately eligible. Any chance KD could get back on the team next year?

I doubt anyone but Gus and a few close confidants know the answer to that, but it would be the first time I've seen someone dismissed and then brought back.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

I doubt anyone but Gus and a few close confidants know the answer to that, but it would be the first time I've seen someone dismissed and then brought back.

When a player gets dismissed they normally don't stay at the school. Since he is still here he can rejoin the team.

25 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Only one I can think of is the Alabama player, D. J. Pettway.

1 hour ago, weathergeakal said:

I can't see that happening but it would be awesome if it could.  KD was my favorite player.

I wish them both the best of luck. It's a relief to see how mature they are in the way they continue supporting the team. Most kids their age, and in their place, wouldn't admit it was their own faults. I don't think Gus and co. would allow KD to rejoin the team, but he and Sean won't have any problems joining other teams.

Just now, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

Duke Williams has been following and cheering on Auburn as well. About the only one I haven’t seen is Jovon Robinson.

Yep and he has matured quite a bit since entering the Canadian league 

1 minute ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

Duke Williams has been following and cheering on Auburn as well. About the only one I haven’t seen is Jovon Robinson.

Good to hear.  He certainly wasn't the year he was kicked off the team. Love to hear it when these kids get it together.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep and he has matured quite a bit since entering the Canadian league 

I was pumped when I saw his highlights on SC a couple weeks ago.  Really glad football worked out for him, wasn't too sure about his future if it didn't.

That's good to hear about KD and SW. I was wondering today what a guy like Byron Cowart is thinking right about now after voluntarily leaving the team early in the season.

11 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

That's good to hear about KD and SW. I was wondering today what a guy like Byron Cowart is thinking right about now after voluntarily leaving the team early in the season.

I mean it was assuredly for Byron's own success. it just was never gonna work for him here as far as getting to the next level. Dude was getting lapped over by FRs

7 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I can't see that happening but it would be awesome if it could.  KD was my favorite player.

Would love to see kd back . I’m sure he has a lot of work to do, but it would be a huge story of redemption. He is a phenomenal athlete 

20 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean it was assuredly for Byron's own success. it just was never gonna work for him here as far as getting to the next level. Dude was getting lapped over by FRs

I agree and yes, he sure was getting lapped although he did have his best game the week before he left. You just wonder if a guy like him, after seeing the success the team and the D line is having, might wish he had applied himself a little more instead of leaving. 

2 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I agree and yes, he sure was getting lapped although he did have his best game the week before he left. You just wonder if a guy like him, after seeing the success the team and the D line is having, might wish he had applied himself a little more instead of leaving. 

when this happened a jackwad bammer at work made the comment that auburn wasn't developing it's talent. not replying to my question of asking him who was developing all the players BC was buried behind on the depth chart. Byron was simply a miss. by auburn and all the recruiting services. UF won that recruiting battle. Can't help but wonder who would have gotten that spot had he not signed? Lamar Jackson?

1 hour ago, alexava said:

when this happened a jackwad bammer at work made the comment that auburn wasn't developing it's talent. not replying to my question of asking him who was developing all the players BC was buried behind on the depth chart. Byron was simply a miss. by auburn and all the recruiting services. UF won that recruiting battle. Can't help but wonder who would have gotten that spot had he not signed? Lamar Jackson?

I dont know if we could've developed Lamar like Bobby did....it was a very miss time in Auburn history as far as developing QBs 

11 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Just on a whim, I decided to see if anything was up with Sean White and Kyle Davis, last night, so I did some poking around on the Internet.  I was surprised and pleased to see that both were still active on Twitter and both were following/supporting Auburn in their posts. That's a huge improvement from the rifts that were created in years past when players were kicked off the team. That says a lot about the maturity that our staff is creating in their players, even the ones who make big mistakes.

I know for a fact from a former player on offense from last year that Sean is VERY loved on the team. He said even though they knew going into Spring that Sean wasn't going to participate and Stidham was a good QB....Stidham had to really win over the guys from a chemistry/comradery standpoint b/c Sean was so loved. It wasn't anything against JS. It was just that many on the team had so much respect for SW in how he always laid it all on the line when he played. 

I actually went back and forth in a good respectable discussion with that player during Spring in that my opinion was that I didn't think we could win a NC with SW compared to JS. I thought SW was a solid QB but the lack of consistent deep ball and always being hurt hindered SW from being a QB that could lead us to a NC. He was very adamant that he felt SW could make all the throws and difference JS could and be that type of QB. Many guys on the team consider themselves brothers. That player referred to SW as his brother and strongly believed in SW. It was hard at times to differ with him b/c he was in practice every day with SW. I follow SW on IG and Twitter and he's shown so much class. 

10 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Yes he is. I follow Kyle on SnapChat and he's still taking classes. He actually went to one of the home games and recorded it on SnapChat. I think it was the ULM game. He was in the student section cheering on the team. 

Archived