Null



War to the Eagle

2018 4* DE Kayode Oladele Commits to AU!!!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol right? very weird. he went on a ov to ole miss last week and now he is changing his commitment announcement. WEIRD.

And just as weird is the AU staf is who changed his OV to AU to January from this weekend, not KO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

In days of old, I would have totally thought this was a negative sign. With this staff however, I’m more prone to believe AU must feel super strong about some players higher on the board. I bet Mr. Garner is going to deliver some more of his late recruiting surprises. WDE

KO is a take & the top strongside DE on the board. That's another factor making this all weird....The staff coould be triple checking to make sure his Visa issues are completely fixed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And just as weird is the AU staf is who changed his OV to AU to January from this weekend, not KO.

are you saying ole miss did not learn a thing and they are pay to their ol cheatin ways again?! because that is the only thing that would make sense to any of this! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

are you saying ole miss did not learn a thing and they are pay to their ol cheatin ways again?! because that is the only thing that would make sense to any of this! lol

I don't try to make sense. When I don't know something I just wait for the info then make an opinion off of it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not recruiting guru but maybe he saw Ole Miss didn't have anywhere near the talent Auburn has and that his road to alot of playing time would be easier at Ole Miss than Auburn. Either that or what some have suggested, he received illegal benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before we start going down the "illegal benefits", let's think about this a minute.  OM has a couple of selling points.

1) Yes they have a bowl ban, but they are appealing and could likely win that.  If so then they will be back in bowls next year

2) With the limited schollies, they can sell to a kid that if we are willing to give you a scholly then it shows just how much we want you here and how important you are to us.

3) Yes DE depth is a definite issue against AU in this class because we have so many in house and in this class.

So, let's not start rumors about benefits just because a kid MIGHT chose another school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

I thought one of the main selling points was his relationship with Prince Tega Wanoga. (I know i spelled that incorrectly)

Also has a close friendship with RJ.  But kids can remain friends while at opposing schools though.  Most do not and should not go to a school just because of friendships.

All that said, I still hope we get this kid.  Very quick and athletic!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Before we start going down the "illegal benefits", let's think about this a minute.  OM has a couple of selling points.

1) Yes they have a bowl ban, but they are appealing and could likely win that.  If so then they will be back in bowls next year

2) With the limited schollies, they can sell to a kid that if we are willing to give you a scholly then it shows just how much we want you here and how important you are to us.

3) Yes DE depth is a definite issue against AU in this class because we have so many in house and in this class.

So, let's not start rumors about benefits just because a kid MIGHT chose another school

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Season/2018-Football/Commits this is there recruiting class. in theory YES he has a direct line to playing time. But no one else that is a big time recruit like him has bought it. It was tongue in cheek about my illegal benefits JOKE. That is all it was. It would be very embarrassing honestly to lose a kid we have been in on for months and have the lead for to frickin ole miss who just got hammered by the ncaa. They have no 4 stars committed and I bet he would be the only one who does commit to them if he goes there. BUT I will wait to hear what the GOAT neihbur says on this first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

1) Yes they have a bowl ban, but they are appealing and could likely win that. 

I would be surprised if they did given the rules violations involved.

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

3) Yes DE depth is a definite issue against AU in this class because we have so many in house and in this class.

We don't have a strongside end in this class committed.

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

So, let's not start rumors about benefits just because a kid MIGHT chose another school

We should show some tact & not hypothticalize such things without evidence anyway. It's actually part of site rules covered with #4 Leave Players & Recruits alone. Consider this your 1 and only warning peeps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Season/2018-Football/Commits this is there recruiting class. in theory YES he has a direct line to playing time. But no one else that is a big time recruit like him has bought it. It was tongue in cheek about my illegal benefits JOKE. That is all it was. It would be very embarrassing honestly to lose a kid we have been in on for months and have the lead for to frickin ole miss who just got hammered by the ncaa. They have no 4 stars committed and I bet he would be the only one who does commit to them if he goes there. BUT I will wait to hear what the GOAT neihbur says on this first.

Relax. I still truly believer that if Ole Miss gets him then AU decided not to take him in the end. Let's just see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ellitor said:

Relax. I still truly believer that if Ole Miss gets him then AU decided not to take him in the end. Let's just see what happens.

lol relax??!! me relax?!!? who you talking to???? WOOOOOOO!!!! I have not relaxed since 2006.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Relax. I still truly believer that if Ole Miss gets him then AU decided not to take him in the end. Let's just see what happens.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27833-1342455585-16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

Miami D-end to OV this weekend

Auburn could be in line to land a 4-star commitment later this month.

Keith Niebuhr - 

Title/Alt Text Kayode Oladele is a target for Auburn. (Photo: Keith Niebuhr , 247Sports)

 

We have another big change in the schedule of 4-star defensive end Kayode Oladele to report.

According to Oladele, who attends Hialeah (Fla.) Champagnat Catholic, he will officially visit Auburn this weekend. Just last week, he said he planned to not visit the Tigers until January, so that is a significant switch.

Not only that, but Oladele, a top Auburn target, told AuburnUndercover.com he now likely will have a commitment decision "a couple days or the week after" his visit.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn, defensive line coach Rodney Garner and tight ends coach Larry Porter, his area recruiter, made an in-home visit with Oladele on Tuesday.

Oladele, the No. 11 strong-side defensive end in the industry generated 247Sports Composite, unofficially visited Auburn for the Iron Bowl.

AuburnUndercover.co has projected Oladele to the Tigers for several weeks.

He is a "take" for Auburn.

 

 

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was coming to post this but GWil had to go get me distracted. lol It looks like AU is ready to get Kayode now even though he uis not an EE anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Was coming to post this but GWil had to go get me distracted. lol It looks like AU is ready to get Kayode now even though he uis not an EE anymore.

I really hope so. I still have not recovered from losing my favorite recruit CJ Averey last cycle. DANG YOU OLE MISS FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO ATTRACT better DC candidates! lol... Here is to hoping it goes a lot better with my favorite recruit this cycle. * KEEP KNOCKING ON THAT DANG WOOD* 

2971385.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I didn't realize Saban was after him too.

I do not believe he is. Saban was in the area to see a corner commit of his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50/50

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

Major 2018 target sets official, commitment soon?

Kayode Oladele‘s plans have been fluid the last couple weeks.

Originally, before attending the Iron Bowl, Oladele planned on taking his official visit the week after that game, the weekend of Dec. 2. But Auburn ended up in the SEC Championship Game, so that was rescheduled to the following week — visit Dec. 8-10 then commit on Dec. 12, Oladele’s 19th birthday.

IMG_0520_dnd0xf.jpg
Auburn commit Richard Jibunor and target Kayode Oladele attended the Iron Bowl. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

That changed, too, largely because of Florida State hiring Willie Taggart. Oladele was committed to the Seminoles earlier this recruiting cycle, and there is a prior relationship there with Taggart. That gave Oladele additional pause, which is why he indicated to SEC Country last week that he might not take his official visit until January.

Well … mark him down for one last alteration (we think).

Oladele will now take his official visit to Auburn this upcoming weekend. He also hopes to be able to sign during the Dec. 20-22 early signing period, which means a commitment would likely come shortly after the official visit.

The decision timeline is subject to change, but Oladele will definitely be back on campus this weekend for an official visit. That’s a major win for the Tigers.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now