***SECCG -- Auburn vs. Georgia -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, Jaxr29 said:

Im not calling for the head of Gus or anything but he refuses to make changes to his gampelan during the game and it is a detriment to our offense.

He will say that they did not execute.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I know is this UGA is not going to do crap in the playoffs. They played with their heads on fire today, but do their offense have enough to stay with OU or Clemson, who I believe will both win? I doubt it.

We were too beat up. And that fumble changed the momentum. Hard to beat uga twice and bama in 4 straight weeks.

They beat us.

That said, uga is dirty AF, and I hope they get their ass kicked in the playoffs. 

And, let's hope Wisconsin beats OSU, so bama doesn't sniff the playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Everybody who said it would be a tough road for us to beat a top 10 team 3 times in very short order was right. I don't think anybody else could do it. Maybe someone did decades ago??

Yes its obviously not easy and would have been an incredible feat.  Again, its just that we look so bad at times.  But for tonight IM going to be glad that we were at least in the hunt.  Only a few teams can say that.  I just want to see us be there consistently.

5 minutes ago, AURandy56 said:

I think Danielson will have a stroke if Bama doesn't get in the playoffs. This is ridiculous how he keeps pumping them up during an Auburn-Georgia game. 

Blatantly

4 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

This. And the play in the East. You just have to be slightly better than mediocre to be the best over there. UT, UF, UK, USCe, Vandy, Mizzou. What a joke. 

We can hope that's about to change as Mullen becomes their problem...for starters...

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

You remember the FSU game we had it he blowed it. The only reason we win in 2010 was Gene was here to curb his maniac ways. Then again tonight we had a chance and he blew it again. Yea he can get us close just can’t close the deal. 

God, I’m so sick of this narrative. We had the perfect defense called and two missed tackles of two auburn defenders converging on their receiver resulted in about a 50 yard gain. That’s execution. That’s the biggest reason we lost. 

074986F6-F3FF-4BEB-9338-87DD8722A38E.png

8432DB73-0973-4FC3-875B-FBBBB92A7F8F.png

I’m just still hoping we can get an 11 win season and win our bowl game.  Gus is 1-3 in bowl games, the only win coming at the Bham bowl.

Just now, Randman5000 said:

No kidding @wdefromtx these fans are just pathetic. All the fans fans in expecting us to roll over uga and they need to take a seat. I'm making a count right now. They better be glad I'm not a mod. The attitude on here is pathetic. About as pathetic as offense 

I'll be the first to admit I have been frustrated with Gus at times. I am not as upset with some of the play's tonight, but rather the fact that he seems to have no backup plan for anything. I get we lost players to injury, but his entire stint as a HC I have never really seen him have a "next man up" move for any of the key positions.

Just now, DAG said:

All I know is this UGA is not going to do crap in the playoffs. They played with their heads on fire today, but do their offense have enough to stay with OU or Clemson, who I believe will both win? I doubt it.

Who knows.  The only thing for certain is that we wet the bed on the huge stage.  Would be nice to be in their position right now.

wde

Well that last series was the entire game in a nutshell......sack, wild pass and a punt......

Still.....great season in my view.......bowl selections should be interesting...

Archived