***SECCG -- Auburn vs. Georgia -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Gary is hellbent for leather to get the turds in the playoffs.

You're right. Now he's arguing that this game shouldn't have any effect on bama. :ucrazy:

What a tool.

We're coming off of playing our arch rival and the number one team in the nation.

Their coming off of playing a 500 Georgia Tech team 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

We lost because GA played dirty, dirty ball. No morals, targeting our players’ injuries. Hard to watch. Still happy with the season and hope Gus stays. If GA plays us straight up, we win 10 of 10 games. We are the better team.

We lost this game because we had no one behind KJ and the team was not prepared.

6 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

That" loser" had us in position for a 3 National title shot in 7 years. Geez! Some people are moronic. If I was Gus I would leave.

You remember the FSU game we had it he blowed it. The only reason we win in 2010 was Gene was here to curb his maniac ways. Then again tonight we had a chance and he blew it again. Yea he can get us close just can’t close the deal. 

Can we virtually punch anybody who melts on this thread. It's bad enough to lose a game. It's worse hearing Auburn fans crying about a new coach.  10 and 3 Ain't a Bad Year. Disappointed of course of what could have been but none the less It's Been a Good Year

Just now, cammycam2 said:

I think gus malzahn has been the wosr coach in the world when his team is ranked top 5. He has a way of letting his teams be complacent 

Severe overrreaction. He’s a good coach. Who are we gonna get that's better?

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Everybody who said it would be a tough road for us to beat a top 10 team 3 times in very short order was right. I don't think anybody else could do it. Maybe someone did decades ago??

For Auburn to win it all this year, we would have had to play #1, #1, #6, possibly #3 and then #1/4.  5 top 6 teams in 7 games to win it all.  That would be quite the 7 game stretch.

Just now, WDavE said:

We're coming off of playing our arch rival and the number one team in the nation.

Yeah, that certainly did not help.  They were able to rest up for this game.

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Look at that championship defense of effort great coaching Kevin Steele!!!  A cripple man could run on our D right now

We don't have any depth except on the D line.....plus with how badly the O has played they have gotten hardly any rest. Plus being beat up after Bama whereas UGA had cupcakes for the last two weeks to get healthy and game plan for us. Other words, shut up. 

Just now, shabby said:

Can we virtually punch anybody who melts on this thread. It's bad enough to lose a game. It's worse hearing Auburn fans crying about a new coach.  10 and 3 Ain't a Bad Year. Disappointed of course of what could have been but none the less It's Been a Good Year

Its a good year to build off of, that's for sure.

Just now, cammycam2 said:

I think gus malzahn has been the wosr coach in the world when his team is ranked top 5. He has a way of letting his teams be complacent 

I will say this. You need to control your emotions. Gus was as high as anyone after Georgia / Alabama. Maybe too high. Hindsight is 20/20 though

Honestly I’m definitely not one to give any of these coaches a pass but the reality of it is that these guys did not play well at all. You can rake it up to anything, playing GA and Bama in the same month, injuries, not having home field adavantage. Whatever it may be they played an awful on both sides of the ball. I understand the coaches prepare them but they can’t play for them. That was just an embarrassing effort and performance. We looked like an inept team. I absolutely hate the idea of Georgia having this to hold over our heads. 

1 minute ago, madkat7 said:

You have to be kidding me. The commentators are now talking about how George beating Auburn just shows how good Alabama is. We truly live in a mixed up society

Life in the SEC. That's why I root for Auburn...the rest depends on if it helps us or not.

I think Gus goes to Arky because he wants to. Like others have said, no crying about that here. I'm sure the package he proposed to Auburn was outrageous. We just got spanked today. WDE anyway.

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Maybe you missed the. The ole saying when your in a hike quit digging.  As long as we have Gus the hole will keep getting deeper. 

Thanks for the wisdom but maybe you missed the fact all I asked you was a question...that you didn’t answer. What’s the ole saying about that?

Just now, WDavE said:

This. And the play in the East. You just have to be slightly better than mediocre to be the best over there. UT, UF, UK, USCe, Vandy, Mizzou. What a joke. 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Guys played tough. Too many mistakes . Along with a fired up healthy ga team .extremely hard to overcome 

Sorry, but this ain't on Gus. Our players had their ass handed to them. Truth.

Archived