Do we still protect Gus from Arkansas?

NolaAuTiger

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Let him go. If it's the job he's always wanted, and they're willing to pay....then good on him. 

Johnny, who would you want as his replacement?

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 1856 said:

Mark my words, if Gustavus goes to Arkansas, he will beat AU his first season. That's just how AU football goes. 

with what talent? they easily have the worst talent in the sec west. I know arky had our number in the tubs years but they had better teams then. They are gutted talent wise. the allen brothers have run out of eligibility to save them as well haha.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

with what talent? they easily have the worst talent in the sec west. I know arky had our number in the tubs years but they had better teams then. They are gutted talent wise. the allen brothers have run out of eligibility to save them as well haha.

It has nothing to do with that.  It has to do with Auburn football being Auburn football. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

dan mullen got 6 for florida. I assume sexton will ask for more than that for gus to stay at auburn. really it depends on what arkansas does. I have a feeling they will throw a crazy number at him. Not jimbo money but more than we would be comfortable matching.

I think 6.3ish will have to be the ceiling for me  I want Gus but I also want a 450,000 dollar bouse. Cannot get either if buying one or the other makes zero financial or practical sense. 

Just now, 1856 said:

It has nothing to do with that.  It has to do with Auburn football being Auburn football. 

I get what you are saying but even we are above losing to arky at home next year with the talent we have coming back. 

3 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Mark my words, if Gustavus goes to Arkansas, he will beat AU his first season. That's just how AU football goes. 

Arky has ZERO talent and no depth worth a crap.  That Arky job is a rebuild project and they will not beat AU any time soon.

Just now, keesler said:

Arky has ZERO talent and no depth worth a crap.  That Arky job is a rebuild project and they will not beat AU any time soon.

You and GWill just don't get it. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I think 6.3ish will have to be the ceiling for me  I want Gus but I also want a 450,000 dollar bouse. Cannot get either if buying one or the other makes zero financial or practical sense. 

I think that is fair. The per year may be reasonable but imo they are going to give him a lot of years like TAMU did with jimbo. maybe 7.

Just now, 1856 said:

lol I guess not.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think that is fair. The per year may be reasonable but imo they are going to give him a lot of years like TAMU did with jimbo. maybe 7.

Gus has earned 7 years. However, currently he's not worth more than 6 million per year.

Al.com reports that Gus wants to stay as well as his coaching staff. Arkansas will make an offer no doubt, but I think Gus stays and gets a 6.25 million contract come Monday and puts an end to him going elsewhere. If he leaves it will not be without us trying to keep him. This will be an interesting week no doubt.

4 minutes ago, 1856 said:

I am way more worried about TAMU now. They are not gutted. They hired a top 10 coach. Sumlin recruited really good there. the cupboard is not bare. They will be a force soon. Maybe by year 2 for jimbo. Sec west just got even tougher. arkansas? nah. we will kill them again next year no matter who their coach is.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am way more worried about TAMU now. They are not gutted. They hired a top 10 coach. Sumlin recruited really good there. the cupboard is not bare. They will be a force soon. Maybe by year 2 for jimbo. Sec west just got even tougher. arkansas? nah. we will kill them again next year no matter who their coach is.

You still don't get it. 

We should never be scared of Arkansas. Auburn fans need to get a grip. If he Wants to leave for Arkansas, he never wanted to stay in the first place. Take a breath

2 minutes ago, 1856 said:

You still don't get it. 

You going to have to explain it to them and to everyone else on this board. You acting like a troll.

47 minutes ago, 1856 said:

You want one of our football coaches that is married to be notorious for sleeping with coeds under an alias? 

Is stuff like this verified fact? I'm seriously wanting to know because I have mixed emotions about Kiffin. What is verified factual stuff about him that people don't like? His players seem to love him 

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Please help us "get it", Obi Wan

I think he is referring that the most Auburn Football thing would be to lose against him in his first year there. Because well, that would be so Auburn. LOL 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I remember when A&M bad Allen, Murray, Seals-Jones, Noil, Kirk, Reynolds and others, and I convinced myself that they would be scary. Won’t happen again. 

31 minutes ago, keesler said:

Just curious, do you think Gus was over paid for 2014, 2015, 2016 seasons?

I personally believe he earned his pay this year and after he gets compensated for a 10 win season + making the SECCG, then that’s all he deserves.

I hate like hell that he presented AU with a compensation “package” wanting a raise and an extension before the game today.  It was tacky IMO and was meant to put AU in a difficult position and force them into this Arky bidding war.

As far as the three previous years, no I don't. He corrected problems on both sides of the ball, kept the locker room together through some rough times, and for the most part we were relevant in November. We all knew he was green when he was hired. I didn't know about the compensation package and if it's true with those intentions then he may not be the guy for us. Like I said money talks, but the job should mean more than that at AU.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I remember when A&M bad Allen, Murray, Seals-Jones, Noil, Kirk, Reynolds and others, and I convinced myself that they would be scary. Won’t happen again. 

you give jimbo that talent and he will not screw it up. to be fair they completely ruined our 2014 season. Still not over that loss. 

3 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

You guys suck...fairweather fans. Love the loyalty.

You suck - if you accept what I suffered through tonight --- COMPLETE F'ing fail and embarrassment  once again.  So much fun when we have the chance to make a move....we ALWAYS CHOKE - Why?   we do...it's true  and bammer knows it too.

3 minutes ago, 1856 said:

You still don't get it. 

so fisher is getting a talented team but the coaching just sucked..kinda like what kiffin is doing this year for fla ant..just need a good coach to teach the talent  correct

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I've never seen a program and fanbase more cocky without doing anything. They want to be SEC so badly....

Archived