Do we still protect Gus from Arkansas?

NolaAuTiger

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

Auburn did compete. Auburn whipped their a$$ three weeks ago. And bamr's also. To do it a third time against a top 5 team was asking too much. Especially a wounded Auburn.. 

Even then, the game would have been different if we finished a few drives. 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contributed to the loss before the players even took the field. Hey Gus, how's that Dawg craps taste? Don't choke it down, save some for your pancakes.

11 minutes ago, Moriarty88 said:

Not fair-weathered, but realistic.  Has he earned his paycheck, absolutely, but to get into a bidding war with Arkansas is not worth it in my opinion.

Why not? Who else in the past 20 years at AU has been relevant in November as much as he has?  They lined up and whooped us tonight. It hurts and it happens, it's a part of the game.

It's a tough spot to be in. I agree that 2 wins over rivals in 5 seasons isn't great, but there isn't really anyone out there that would be a better hire. I want Gus to stay, but he could get a raise simply for performing what he was already paid to do. Crazy year in college football. If we need to pay Gus to stay, so be it, but I would make sure we lower any buyout in his contact. I'm fine to pay him $7 mil or whatever the number is, but his buyout should be next to nothing. Give him crazy incentives for wins, SECC, etc., but raising his buyout (usually happens with a raise/extension) handicaps us if he doesn't perform in the first couple years of his new deal.

1 minute ago, Deutschetiger said:

We didn't just lose a game  we got embarrassed.

You may be embarrassed. I'm not. A third game in 4 against a top 5 caliber team was too much to overcome.

Just now, Deutschetiger said:

We played #1, #1 and then former #1 in 28 days. Hard to stay motivated and healthy in a stretch like that. I don’t think we were embarrassed. They just lined up and whipped us. We looked like a tired team. We didn’t do anything to help ourselves with that being said. UGA telegraphed blitzes the entire game that we never adjusted to. 

2 minutes ago, Deutschetiger said:

No we didn't. Shut up. We are 2 fumbles and a blocked FG from the game being close. That's not coaching.

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is incredibly stupid.  We just went 10-3 with two wins over our biggest rivals.  Can finish with 11 wins.  Yeah, today sucks.  But the dude has earned my respect this year.

And should have one loss this year max.  All three of our losses have shown that he either can't stay out of the play calling, can't develop a game plan, or can't make halftime adjustments. 

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

No we didn't. Shut up. We are 2 fumbles and a blocked FG from the game being close. That's not coaching.

Yep.....and if he leaves I'm of the view that the job of finding a new HC will be very interesting.....just wondering who might be on the list that can match resume's with the guy that so many people seem determined to run off?   :dunno:

4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

ThUGA could say the same thing about the game three weeks ago.  

Just now, 1856 said:

ThUGA could say the same thing about the game three weeks ago.  

what was the score then?   40-17 or something like that?   

1 minute ago, weathergeakal said:

First the Gus Bus now the Lane Train.

I'd probably stop watching AU football if we hired LK. 

4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Did Georgia fans make these excuses when the Dawgs literally handed Auburn 21 points three weeks ago With bad personal foul penalties and a muffed punt?

I swear, some of you need to put on your big boy pants and grow the F up.  I'm no sunshine pumper, but we just went 10-3.  Two of our losses are to teams in the playoff.  We had a shot at a championship, which is all you can ask for.  We got outplayed tonight.  It sucks, but it happens.   We did the same to UGA three weeks ago, but the shoe was on the other foot tonight.  Hell, Bill Belicheck gets beat sometimes.

We ARE in position to be good for a while.  38 of 44 on our two deep come back next year and recruiting is rolling.  Stability matters, we finally have it, and some folks want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Morons.

Archived