Do we still protect Gus from Arkansas?

NolaAuTiger

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

you give jimbo that talent and he will not screw it up. to be fair they completely ruined our 2014 season. Still not over that loss. 

We buttfumbled that game twice. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

We buttfumbled that game twice. 

we got down 21-0 to a true freshmen making his first sec start. but yah we still should of won that game. we recovered that fumble to by the goal line.....

5 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

Is stuff like this verified fact? I'm seriously wanting to know because I have mixed emotions about Kiffin. What is verified factual stuff about him that people don't like? His players seem to love him 

Yes.  He was using the alias Joey Freshwater in turdtown to pick up college girls while he was still married. 

7 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I think he is referring that the most Auburn Football thing would be to lose against him in his first year there. Because well, that would be so Auburn. LOL 

Yep.  Just like this year. Lose to LSU, everyone gives up hope, beat uat and thUGA and we're all on board, then lay an egg against thUGA.  Such a rollercoaster, Jekyll & Hyde, etc football program. 

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I'd be more concerned with TAMU if they had hired Chad Morris. 

Yeah. Fisher does not scare me. For some reason I find him to be.... a scumbag.

Just now, SumterAubie said:

he may be that but he is a damn fine football coach and even better recruiter. It is tough to replace a legend and he did it flawlessly. 6 ten win seasons in 8 years there.

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Huge scumbag.  He's up there with Petrino and (gasp) Kiffin. 

Do we know for a fact his agents presented us with a new contract proposal? Everything thing I’ve seen says rumor or reported. 

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

he may be that but he is a damn fine football coach and even better recruiter. It is tough to replace a legend and he did it flawlessly. 6 ten win seasons in 8 years there.

Yeah. He was successful when FSU had no competition. But now with the rise of a more competitive ACC, he appears pedestrian.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

We did?

I will always believe that.

I've lurked here for a few years, but have never posted. I feel I have to because of all this Lane Kiffin non-sense in here. The guy is classless, flakey, and not very loyal to anyone or any program. Plus, he is an abject failure at every major program he has been at. He has done nothing to warrant any more consideration of other coaches who have failed at big schools but have had mild success at podunk ones a la Charlie Strong. Or if everyone is enamored by one year wonders why not pursue Bill Clark at UAB? I'm sorry, but hating Nick Saban is not a sound model for hiring a football coach.

Just now, SumterAubie said:

Yeah. He did good when FSU had no competition. But now with the rise of a more competitive ACC, he appears pedestrian.

ok that is fair. BUT he still won the orange bowl last year and the year before that was in a new years 6 bowl. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

ok that is fair. BUT he still won the orange bowl last year and the year before that was in a new years 6 bowl. 

He may turn A&M into a powerhouse. But IMO he won't. The SEC west is too competitive and I don't believe the PTB at A&M will look the over way like they did in Tallahassee. There will not be any Jameis Winstons at A&M.. 

3 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:
8 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Huge scumbag.  He's up there with Petrino and (gasp) Kiffin. 

Well if Gus goes one of those 2 are next in line sadly. Which hurts as I want him gone.

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

He may turn A&M into a powerhouse. But IMO he won't. The SEC west is too competitive and I don't believe the PTB at A&M will look the over way like they did in Tallahassee. There will not be any Jameis Winstons at A&M.. 

I'm really looking forward to (hoping) beating the absolute crap out of Jimbo for years to come.  I loathe him. 

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

I do not think he wins a natty in tamu because of reasons you just laid out BUT it just ensures that tamu will be a really talented team and make our road even harder. I can see him winning 10 games and a sec title or 2 though. No where to hide in the SEC west. At least maybe the miss schools will go back to being a layup game for us.

8 minutes ago, eainterplay said:

Plus, he is an abject failure at every major program he has been at.

How? He won 7 games with a Tennessee team that had won 5 games the year prior.  That season he lost by 2 points to #1 Alabama and 10 points to #1 Florida, with several other close games.  He went to USC wherein he ran into heavy sanctions, and that didn't go well.  He's won 10 games this season with an FAU team that won 3 games last year.  His performance at FAU this season is a hell of a lot more impressive than Malzahn's one year stint at Arkansas State.

Kiffin has most definitely played himself back into the legitimately interesting category.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I do not think he wins a natty in tamu because of reasons you just laid out BUT it just ensures that tamu will be a really talented team and make our road even harder. I can see him winning 10 games and a sec title or 2 though. No where to hide in the SEC west. At least maybe the miss schools will go back to being a layup game for us.

No doubt. SEC west goes through Auburn

28 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Yes.  He was using the alias Joey Freshwater in turdtown to pick up college girls while he was still married. 

Not trying to doubt you but how do you know this as a fact. 

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Who do we get if he bolts? 

Perino or Kiffin  I know it sucks but thats all that's there except Summilin

5 minutes ago, metafour said:

How? He won 7 games with a Tennessee team that had won 5 games the year prior.  That season he lost by 2 points to #1 Alabama and 10 points to #1 Florida, with several other close games.  He went to USC wherein he ran into heavy sanctions, and that didn't go well.  He's won 10 games this season with an FAU team that won 3 games last year.  His performance at FAU this season is a hell of a lot more impressive than Malzahn's one year stint at Arkansas State.

Kiffin has most definitely played himself back into the legitimately interesting category.

But, he's not as pure as an angels fart. Seriously, the way some people talk about virtue and character makes me wonder if anyone votes for their favorite political candidates using the same criteria. I know the answer to that lol.

Archived